Gold Championship 100 Match Reports | Transfers

Kez

Re: Gold Championship 100 Match Reports | Transfers

Got a draw against Hertha ... honestly gutted ... absolutely gutted! So dissapointed :(

I think you may have had me if Defoe didn't get that early red card :P

Poor performance by my side also not being able to score against 10 men, my attacking has been dreadful so far.

I think you may have had me if Defoe didn't get that early red card :P

Poor performance by my side also not being able to score against 10 men' date=' my attacking has been dreadful so far.[/quote']

Yeah ... I'm extremely dissapointed :( Oh and you injured Cristian aswell -.- bugger!

2312.png

SHAKHTAR DONTESK

A mixed start to the season for Shakhtar saw them lose out to unmanaged Metalist in the Charity Shield before going on a 4-game winning streak including 3 league games and an SMFA Champions Cup group game.

Charity Shield Final: Shakhtar Donetsk 1 - 2 Metalist

(David Luiz)

League Game #1: Dnipro 1 - 7 Shakhtar Donetsk

(Luiz Adriano 2, Alex Teixeira 3, Rodrigues Jadson, Pablo Hernandez)

SMFA Group Game #1: Chivas de Guadalajara 0 - 1 Shakhtar Donetsk

(Andre Ayew)

League Game #2: Shakhtar Donetsk 3 - 2 Lokomotiv Moskva

(Mark Gonzalez, Arouna Kone, Morais Welliton)

League Game #3: Shakhtar Donetsk 4 - 2 CSKA Moskva

(Andre Ayew 2, Goran Pandev 2)

Not much to report on the transfer front with just one new addition since the start of the season. 88-rated Arouna Kone joins up from Spartak Moskva for £9.9m. Despite only playing once since his arrival; he scored one, assisted another and picked up the MOM award.

Always open for deals so get in touch if you're interested in anyone.

• 3 weeks later...

Werder Bremen- season 9 start of season update:

League:

A positive start in the League has seen us recover from an opening day defeat to Bayern to win nine of the next ten games with only a solitary defeat to reigning champs Schalke. Recent form has been excellent with some notable victories over powerhouses Dortmund and Champions League holders Stuttgart.

We sit four points clear at this early stage although there are many of the usual suspects all within striking distance and having seen our mid-season collapse last year we will be taking nothing for granted.

SMFA Champions Cup:

A nightmare draw saw us land Lille, Schalke and Barcelona but Bremen have surprised themselves with three victories so far in the group meaning a point or two from the remaining three games should secure qualifaction for the knockout stages. Bremen have been fairly free-scoring in this competition so far and long may it continue, just need to see the job through now.

German Shield:

Bremen have safely negotiated there path to the semi-finals with wins over three unmanaged clubs in what has been a kind run of draws for Bremen in this competition. It gets more serious as we meet Schalke in the semi-finals whilst Hamburg and Hannover will contest the other tie.

• 2 weeks later...

200px-Hertha_Berlin_SC.png

Hertha Berlin

Division 1

Hertha Berlin have silently been moving up the table and currently sit in 7th with 25 points. Their most recent fixture saw a 4-0 victory over Hannover. Hertha struggled with scoring goals for most of the early part of the season, but recent good run of form by Adem Ljajic has boosted the squad and put them on track for a strong season.

SMFA Shield

Hertha recently advanced the round 3 of the SMFA Shield with a 4-1 victory on aggregate over Newell's Old Boys. Next round will see Brescia Calcio visit Berlin as we make a push deeper into the competition.

Transfer News

After a poor start to the season, Eren Derdiyok has been made available to leave. Hertha would like to use him to make a deal for another Striker.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys,

my Gold Membership is expiring in about 200 days and I've decided not to renew it, because I'm loosing more and more interest in my four remaining GC teams and Soccermanager showing no real ambitions to improve the game itself furthermore.

For a very long time I was used to participate in Gold Championships only as these, in my opinion, were the most competitive Game Worlds here on SM with their big number of teams available to manage and the big competition on young, talented players.

But with the Customs becoming more and more popular and myself joining some of them, the old GC's became kind of boring to me over the last few months.

So I thought it would be the best option to quit them now and give another manager the chance to keep them competitive, instead of quitting them later and take the risk that they could left behind in the league.

I have to admit that I'm doing this step with a heavy heart, as I spent a lot of time with building these teams up and leading them to the one or other trophy.

Especially this game world, GC 100, has been something special to me as it was one of my first ones and with Stifler, Ray and all the other managers posting their team updates and match reports regularly over all these 3 years it always has been amusing, too.

It was a lot of fun being part of this excellent GC and I really hope that you'll find a proper replacement for me and continue with this GC's story.

Wishing you all the best,

QUÄLIX

Hey guys' date='

my Gold Membership is expiring in about 200 days and I've decided not to renew it, because I'm loosing more and more interest in my four remaining GC teams and Soccermanager showing no real ambitions to improve the game itself furthermore.

For a very long time I was used to participate in Gold Championships only as these, in my opinion, were the most competitive Game Worlds here on SM with their big number of teams available to manage and the big competition on young, talented players.

But with the Customs becoming more and more popular and myself joining some of them, the old GC's became kind of boring to me over the last few months.

So I thought it would be the best option to quit them now and give another manager the chance to keep them competitive, instead of quitting them later and take the risk that they could left behind in the league.

I have to admit that I'm doing this step with a heavy heart, as I spent a lot of time with building these teams up and leading them to the one or other trophy.

Especially this game world, GC 100, has been something special to me as it was one of my first ones and with Stifler, Ray and all the other managers posting their team updates and match reports regularly over all these 3 years it always has been amusing, too.

It was a lot of fun being part of this excellent GC and I really hope that you'll find a proper replacement for me and continue with this GC's story.

QUÄLIX[/quote']

You will be missed mate.

"Die Rotten":p

Hey guys' date='

QUÄLIX[/quote']

Gutted to see you go mate without doubt one of the best managers I have seen on the game.

Perfectly understand your reasons though and am thinking of doing much the same myself, dont find I enjoy the game like I used to, Gold Championships have died a death.

Good luck

Massive loss to this GW, as Ray said above you'll be missed. I'm pretty much in the same boat... got 70 days left gold membership and really not sure if I'm going to renew or not because of the way SM has gone about diluting gold worlds in favour of raking in the cash the last 12 - 18 months.

• 1 month later...

Werder Bremen update:

Bremen close in on recapturing Bundesliga crown.

league:

Bremen have gone on an amazing run of 20+ games unbeaten with 17 of them wins to put a stranglehold on the title race. All the main players have been swept aside in this phenomenal run which sees us sit eleven points clear with five games to play, only a monumental collapse can stop Bremen from capturing the title. Last year the title was won with 66 points we already have 74 so would be extremely disappointing t throw it away from here.

Champions League:

Bremen exited the competition in the last 16 as Italian gains Internazionale defeated us 4-2 over the tie, Bremen could have few complaints as Inter were the better side in both matches.

German Shield:

Dissapointment abounded after a relatively straightforward run to the final which included good wins against Schalke and Hertha we proceeded to have a stinker in the final losing 4-2 to Hamburg in a match we really should have won, lapses in concentration proved costly.

German Cup:

We have lived a charmed life in this competition so far winning both our ties on penalties against Monchengladbacj and Koblenz. We advance to a QF tie against Hanover where a much better display will be required if we are to get through to the crucial stages of the competition.