Official Liverpool Thread

ian neller

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

Cuz he ain't ready yet and thankfully him and his agent know that (rare thing these days). Guy is 19 years old and been playing for Schalke since he was 8.

Star at Schalke and assured playing time in Bundesliga and CL.

Different at Real' date=' too many uncertainties.

His time is yet to come. No point in ruining his career à la Sahin by moving abroad and to a better club too early. It's not like those offers won't be there next year or in 2 years.[/quote']

Totally agree.

#Respect ;)

Peace out B)

Wow people say the Arsenal thread is bad. :P

Loving your new 3rd kit design.

I was enjoying Liverpool under Rodgers last season.

Can't wait to see Coutinho/Sturridge/Sterling playing more.

Who was this player you tried to sign?

Never herd of him is he a 20 goal striker?

I wonder if the fact you went for a big money striker means that Suarez wiil be off?

Hope so.

Can't stand him.

Just found out Munich want 20 million euros for Mario Gomez?! WHY AREN'T WE GOING FOR HIM?! that is an absolute bargain for a goalscorer of his pedigree. If we sell Suarez then I'd be more than happy with replacing him with Gomez. I mean, he's reportedly quite close to joining Fiorentina, surely he'd come to us?

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11661/8810373/Transfer-News-Bayern-Munich-won-t-lower-asking-price-for-Mario-Gomez

Just found out Munich want 20 million euros for Mario Gomez?! WHY AREN'T WE GOING FOR HIM?! that is an absolute bargain for a goalscorer of his pedigree. If we sell Suarez then I'd be more than happy with replacing him with Gomez. I mean' date=' he's reportedly quite close to joining Fiorentina, surely he'd come to us?

[url']http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11661/8810373/Transfer-News-Bayern-Munich-won-t-lower-asking-price-for-Mario-Gomez[/url]

You already got Sturridge, if Gomez signs then one of them has to play on the wings which is not a good idea, is it?

Wow people say the Arsenal thread is bad. :P

Loving your new 3rd kit design.

I was enjoying Liverpool under Rodgers last season.

Can't wait to see Coutinho/Sturridge/Sterling playing more.

Who was this player you tried to sign?

Never herd of him is he a 20 goal striker?

I wonder if the fact you went for a big money striker means that Suarez wiil be off?

Hope so.

Can't stand him.

Arsenal Thread is bad (improves during the off-season when you don't play)

Ok

Same here

Henrikh Mkhitaryan

He's a 20 odd goal CAM

Can't see Suarez leaving yet Madrid don't seem interested.

Whether you can't stand him or not he's one of the most outstanding players in the Premier League and it would be a huge dent to the EPL if he did leave.

Just found out Munich want 20 million euros for Mario Gomez?! WHY AREN'T WE GOING FOR HIM?! that is an absolute bargain for a goalscorer of his pedigree. If we sell Suarez then I'd be more than happy with replacing him with Gomez. I mean' date=' he's reportedly quite close to joining Fiorentina, surely he'd come to us?

[url']http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11661/8810373/Transfer-News-Bayern-Munich-won-t-lower-asking-price-for-Mario-Gomez[/url]

Because why would Gomez want to join us, I can envisage a huge list of clubs in a better position who he would much prefer. I know we were close a few years ago but we were in a better position (league/status wise) than we are now.

Gomez won't fit Rodgers' profile.

You already got Sturridge' date=' if Gomez signs then one of them has to play on the wings which is not a good idea, is it?[/quote']

It would be like what we have no with Suarez and Sturridge with one of them playing on the wing. I think it would be quality bit of business especially at that price.

Because why would Gomez want to join us' date=' I can envisage a huge list of clubs in a better position who he would much prefer. I know we were close a few years ago but we were in a better position (league/status wise) than we are now.[/quote']

Fiorentina? Reeeeeally?

It would be like what we have no with Suarez and Sturridge with one of them playing on the wing. I think it would be quality bit of business especially at that price.

Fiorentina? Reeeeeally?

A team willing to make him a main striker who would fit the bill who are in a much better position to push for Champions League than we are. Two things we can't guarantee him

A team willing to make him a main striker who would fit the bill who are in a much better position to push for Champions League than we are. Two things we can't guarantee him

Sturridge is good but Gomez has consistently shown himself to be a world class goalscorer and would start over Sturridge no doubt. Having players like Gerrard and Coutinho would give him plenty of goals. I dont necessarily agree with your point about Champions League. They can only compete for it because the league is so poor. And its not like theyre in it now anyway.

Arsenal Thread is bad (improves during the off-season when you don't play)

Ok

Same here

Henrikh Mkhitaryan

He's a 20 odd goal CAM

Can't see Suarez leaving yet Madrid don't seem interested.

Whether you can't stand him or not he's one of the most outstanding players in the Premier League and it would be a huge dent to the EPL if he did leave.

I disagree.

Henry leaving, Ronaldo leaving yes.

Suarez?

No.

I really don't want Dzsudzs√°k here.. there was a point when I thought he could have been good enough' date=' but really has been somewhat of a failure.[/quote']

To be honest i always wanted Dzsudzsak when he's in PSV. I never watched him again since his move to Russia though so i don't know how he's been there but his play style is the one i like, if he's really bought,he could be either a replacement for Downing or it means Coutinho will get more central role

infernito hit the nail on the head. he wouldn't fit the rodger's poor-barcelona style. (no disrespect but that's what it looks like to me)

as to gomez coming to liverpool, i don't know. more likely than draxler tbh ;)

he needs great wingers which you ain't got. i have been saying it for a while, him at Chelsea with that midfield behind him would be an immense fit.

he will head off to italy if they finally pay up. fiorentina is not as glorious a name as liverpool but neither is lazio and it didn't hurt klose one bit moving there and that is all gomez want. playing time and exposure to get that nr.1 striker spot for germany at the wc and that's why he is willing to leave the currently best team in the world and go to a lesser one where he is gonna earn less.

a patriot in some way valuing the national team a bit more than some others do

FC Groningen have announced that Liverpool youngster Krisztian Adorjan is to spend a week on trial with the Eredivisie club. The Hungarian midfielder has been at Anfield since making the move from MTK Budapest in 2009, but has yet to make his first-team debut for the Reds.

http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/liverpool-match-borussia-dortmunds-offer-for-henrikh-mkhitaryan-sky-germany/

Sky Germany said last night that we've matched Dortmund's offer. And their chief executive has said Dortmund's bid wasnt high enough. Not sure what to believe but its not over just yet. :)

Dortmund offered 25 mil,Mkhitaryan release clause is 25 mil.It's all up to the player now...and he will obviously choose a Champions League club.

Dortmund offered 25 mil' date='Mkhitaryan release clause is 25 mil.It's all up to the player now...and he will obviously choose a Champions League club.[/quote']

There have been some reports saying we've matched it as well. HeSHOULD choose you but crazier things have happened.

I'd rather see us go in for Duarte Bernard for 20MEuros. Has a Spanish passport i think so should be no visa issues, yes its a risk, but theres no doubting his talent, Coutinho can help him settle in aswell.

Dont know why the club would want to pay 10ME for Jorginho, not the type of goalscoring midfielder we need, hope the reports are just rubbish.

Couldnt stop laughing at the reports that arsenal made a 30MP bid for suarez!

Fiorentina? Reeeeeally?

Well, they narrowly missed out on Champions league this season so you really shouldn't be saying "Reeeeeally?". :) Apparently Bayern's sporting director has even said himself that Gomez wants to go to Florence. Plus with Gomez arriving at Fiorentina, He'll basically be the main man as his arrival would basically mean Jojo would be sold.

Well' date=' they narrowly missed out on Champions league this season so you really shouldn't be saying "Reeeeeally?". :) Apparently Bayern's sporting director has even said himself that Gomez wants to go to Florence. Plus with Gomez arriving at Fiorentina, He'll basically be the main man as his arrival would basically mean Jojo would be sold.[/quote']

he could do much better, even if not Liverpool.

he could do much better' date=' even if not Liverpool.[/quote']

Fiorentina aren't that bad a side. Besides I think from Gomez's point of view Fiorentina are closer to the Champions League than us. We don't need Gomez anyway. Not sure why we would want to replace the third fastest man ever to reach double figures in a red shirt that quickly. Even if Suarez goes I wouldn't want him. In the end it means Sturridge would have to play on the right where he doesn't have an effect as big as he does in the middle. Much rather us buy a left winger than a striker that probably wouldn't fit into Rodgers style anyway.

Out of interest, is anyone coming to watch Liverpool's first pre-season game against Preston? I'm going as it's Liverpool's only English pre-season game and I dont get the chance to watch Liverpool regularly in person due to other commitments.

EDIT: I read either on here or on some other forum about the Mkhitaryan deal falling through wasnt a bad thing as it's a wide player more in need. What about Deulofeu? Tottenham and Everton are supposedly after him, and he could play on the wing with either Coutinho (if Suarez stays) or Sterling (if Suarez goes) on the other wing, with Coutinho or Suarez more central.