Official Liverpool Thread

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

What made me sad about being Indonesians is many people here believe we're big footballing country when this EPL club's preseason clearly showns that we're just football fans country and even sometimes they're actually not too care about local football when they think they're care.

Sorry about oot little bit :P

Same in a lot of countries, many African ones especially.

The bigger leagues take fans from over the world who are just sucked in by it, when really it's their local leagues who need the support.

• Replies 39k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Synyster

• ray1981

• Vendetta

• koplfc

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Liverpool Thread The end of another season and I just want to lay down some of my ideas, hopes and aspirations for our beloved LFC. It was a disappointing season, finishing 6th due to a

Re: Official Liverpool Thread I'm a complete Suarez convert. Couldn't care less what he's done in the past, or that he may have gone down slightly theatrically in the odd game or two. He absorbs qui

Re: Official Liverpool Thread Just compiled andy carroll's match highlights..

Posted Images

Coady moved to Sheff Utd on loan (heard it here first :))

Strong, strong indications that we are close to a deal to bring Cissokho in on loan from Valencia with an option to buy for around 4M.

I remember seeing him when he was at Porto and thinking he looked like a world beater but ever since his move to Lyon and subsequently to Valencia his career seems to have stalled, lots confidence and his performance level aint been what he would have hoped (certainly not at Valencia)

Interesting move(if it happens) as pressures Enrique, if we got the Cissokho of Porto it would be a steal but whether that player is still within him anymore is the real question.

Not sure if posted today but you signed Sergi Canos from Barcelona's famed La Masia academy. They weren't allowed to offer a professional contract until he is 18, but Liverpool could now he is 16.

Very highly thought of at Barca, could be a cracking peice of business by Rodolfo Borrell.

Christian Eriksen has agreed personal terms with Liverpool, and is set to complete a €21million from Ajax, according to Tuttomercato. Meanwhile, talkSPORT report that former Liverpool winger Ryan Babel has encouraged Denmark star Eriksen to join the Anfield side.

Got this off soccernets transfer news.

Got this off soccernets transfer news.

I saw this as well but there arent many sourced reporting the deal so I wouldnt believe it just yet. Not overly bothered about the deal to be honest. I'm still gutted we didnt get Mkhitaryan, we needed a goalscorer more than another playmaker.But I'd rather we get Eriksen than Bernard.

brace-yourselves.jpg

Brace yourselves ladies' date=' Real Madrid Suarez bid coming your way pretty soon one feels.[/quote']

Still can't see it happening, Madrid have left it far too late for us to find adequate replacement with nobody on the market. But even more than that its obvious Madrid rate Bale higher than Suarez, at this moment in time a Bale bid seems much more likely.

Still can't see it happening' date=' Madrid have left it far too late for us to find adequate replacement with nobody on the market. But even more than that its obvious Madrid rate Bale higher than Suarez, at this moment in time a Bale bid seems much more likely.[/quote']

Far to late? Transfer market open for for 30+ more days.

Gess that's the first time Iv seen someone say that in July. You normally get that on the last day of the window.

Pretty sure if an offer of 40m+ comes he be gone.

Still can't see it happening' date=' Madrid have left it far too late for us to find adequate replacement with nobody on the market. But even more than that its obvious Madrid rate Bale higher than Suarez, at this moment in time a Bale bid seems much more likely.[/quote']

Dont let Woodsy hear that, he'll chop off your head like Ned Stark :P

Far to late? Transfer market open for for 30+ more days.

Gess that's the first time Iv seen someone say that in July. You normally get that on the last day of the window.

Pretty sure if an offer of 40m+ comes he be gone.

Far to late as in there are no strikers of sufficient calibre to replace Suarez available now, most have moved on to new clubs.

Far to late as in there are no strikers of sufficient calibre to replace Suarez available now' date=' most have moved on to new clubs.[/quote']

Don't really think it is an issue is it??

Not like we were ever gunna be in the market for any of the big name strikers to have moved Cavani, Falcao, Negredo, Higuain etc etc

Yes we wont leave it late but late is the Fernando Torres type late if you have a couple of weeks it is still sufficient time and I am sure as Ayre has already suggested contingency plans are in place and targets identified and discussed already if Suarez does leave.

After the Fiasco last August with transfers they wont be caught with there pants down again and I am sure they have already "sounded out" clubs and targets for a replacement if it does happen.(Suarez going)

Watch Suarez sign a contract extension.

You couldn't wait to get rid of him a week ago ;)

I do want him to go. If he doesn't want to be here' date=' we should sell him. I just think he'll sign a contract extension.[/quote']

I can't see the logic in any Liverpool fan not wanting him here, by far our best player and to get where we want to get to we are far more likely to do that with Suarez than without him.

Anyhow can't be bothered to have another Suarez debate been enough of those already.

He won't sign a new contract I would be pretty positive on that unless he gets a lower release clause that actually means something significant if we more than likely Dont finish top 4 again.

Far to late as in there are no strikers of sufficient calibre to replace Suarez available now' date=' most have moved on to new clubs.[/quote']Not that any of them would have come here anyway.

That's the problem if he leaves. We have a striker of his calibre on our books which is a bonus for us given that we don't have CL football, but won't be able to replace him with one of the same standard should he go, unless we find the next Suarez.

Not that any of them would have come here anyway.

That's the problem if he leaves. We have a striker of his calibre on our books which is a bonus for us given that we don't have CL football' date=' but won't be able to replace him with one of the same standard should he go, unless we find the next Suarez.[/quote']

Which is why Rodgers is digging in his heels as much as he is. Again I find him very impressive transfers wise, he has done nothing wrong during the whole Suarez leaving situation.

Which is why Rodgers is digging in his heels as much as he is. Again I find him very impressive transfers wise' date=' he has done nothing wrong during the whole Suarez leaving situation.[/quote']Yeah, if we're considering selling him to Arsenal, we should be asking more from them than we would Real Madrid. Maybe Arsenal are just inadvertently doing Real's negotiations for them, and they'll come in if a bid is ever accepted, or give them an idea of the price we want.

With Higuain gone it'll be interesting to see if they make a move.

Just watched the game at the MCG was a really wonderful effort by the aussies to show up that much. 95,000+ at a friendly game wow that's double anfield at full capacity

Really hope they do come back in a few years possibly the hype was amazing even for someone like me who isn't really interested in english football it was great for the public awareness that hopefully attracts some better players to the australian leagues given how many turned up for that game.

If Luis Suarez moves to Arsenal' date=' not only will he [b']not[/b] escape the British media, but also not win silverware. Arsenal fans you can put this in your signature with a time and date stamp if you wish, if Suarez joins Arsenal, come next Spring/Summer, Suarez's English trophy haul will still be one.

I honestly don't understand why he wants to move to Arsenal. Yes Champions League football, but they won't win it. Hardly have a good cup record and they won't win the league. Smacks me of desperation now that he said he wants out he realises that nobody wants to sign him and he doesn't want to go back on his word.

Best thing he can do is stay one more season with us, he owes us that at least. Then i'll be happy to see him get his move to Madrid or any other foreign team. If he moves to Arsenal he won't win anything and no foreign team will be willing to pay an even bigger premium than Arsenal would have done to sign him. If he moves to Arsenal he can kiss goodbye his move to Madrid, they won't pay upwards of 50/60 Million to buy him from Arsenal after one season.

I want him to stay, I think he's being idiotic, no chance Arsenal fans will support him anywhere close to what we've given him, they hardly have the greatest record in that extent of standing by players. Although he's a much better player than Torres, when he does indeed leave he'll understand the grass isn't always greener on the otherside, he'll learn that much quicker at Arsenal.

I honestly don't think Arsenal will lodge a bid enough to get Liverpool to think it and Liverpool won't let Suarez force his way to another English club. My belief is that £50 Million will get him to an English Club and will Arsenal pay that? Probably not. He should give it all he's got this season, see if with our next recruitment and our players from last season and our now settled style of play gain consistency and get Champions League football, it's not impossible. If not i'm sure Madrid will pick him up next season.