• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Synyster

• ray1981

• Vendetta

• koplfc

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Liverpool Thread The end of another season and I just want to lay down some of my ideas, hopes and aspirations for our beloved LFC. It was a disappointing season, finishing 6th due to a

Re: Official Liverpool Thread I'm a complete Suarez convert. Couldn't care less what he's done in the past, or that he may have gone down slightly theatrically in the odd game or two. He absorbs qui

Re: Official Liverpool Thread Just compiled andy carroll's match highlights..

Posted Images

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

crouch isnt a done deal. Harry wants 14 million for him and we dnt have that money until masch is sold

also martin o neil resigned. that should help us in the battle to come sixth:)

Where did you get this? 14M£ is outrageous and I doubt that's true

crouch isnt a done deal. Harry wants 14 million for him and we dnt have that money until masch is sold

To come sixth? I thought we were battling to get into the CL, not get one place higher then last season. Our standards for last season were high. Winning the title isn't a easy task.

And with the sides out there. Getting into the CL isn't so easy either.

It is Spurs so it's probably more.

True, well he is a sellable player and he could fund a possible deal for Ashley Young even if it is 14 million.

I think it wouldn't be good use of money, to sign a player that's only going to play on the bench, and i don't think he'll go back in fairness if he's not going to play regularly. 14 million for a centre-back, left-back or a holding-midfielder might be better use.

Just a bit of gossip' date=' and very unlikely to happen, but Zoltan Gera's agent is apparently attempting to engineer a move to Liverpool for the Hungarian.[/quote']

I can't see that really happening, with the likes of Kuyt, Jovanovic, Joe Cole, Babel & Pacheco at Liverpool. Would be a good signing if they could pull it off if they want to regain a top four spot and add a lot of depth to there squad.

Presumably that's 7m for the club and 7m for his back pocket, if past experiences are anything to go by (allegedly :P)

I think cole would be a hit for liverpool. Ive thought that for a while. 10 mil is alot of money though.

With 10 millions we could buy a better striker. Or if we add there 4 or 5 millions we can buy a far better striker and imo we shouldn't go for an English striker because they're so overpriced and I can't see us having troubles with the homegrown rule.

However, it looks to me that we'll be playing with one upfront so we shouldn't use 10M£+ for a striker before the takeover happens

With 10 millions we could buy a better striker. Or if we add there 4 or 5 millions we can buy a far better striker and imo we shouldn't go for an English striker because they're so overpriced and I can't see us having troubles with the homegrown rule.

However' date=' it looks to me that we'll be playing with one upfront so we shouldn't use 10M£+ for a striker before the takeover happens[/quote']

we need eight homegrown players in our 25 man squad that are over 21.

so far we only have insua, carra, gerrard, johnson and cole. we need 3 more before the start of the season.

this is why we are looking at the goalkeeper jones aswell as crouch and cole

so far we only have insua' date=' carra, gerrard, johnson and cole. we need 3 more before the start of the season.

this is why we are looking at the goalkeeper jones aswell as crouch and cole[/quote']

Not strictly true. We need 8 homegrown players in the 25, but they don't necessarily have to be over 21. Most sides will have their homegrown players all over 21 as all under 21s are freebies you can supplement the 25-man squad with, but some sides like us will probably use some under 21s as part of their homegrown quota :)

first points of the season:)

Liverpool FC striker Fernando Torres is notorious for his blistering pace on the pitch but it landed him in hot water with police off it.

The Spain striker, 26, was stopped by traffic cops near to his home in Woolton, Liverpool after being pulled over for speeding in his black Aston Martin DBS, which cost him £160,000.

Dressed in an olive shirt and baggy jeans Torres, who is currently racing to be fit for Liverpool's opening league fixture with Arsenal this Sunday, was issued with an on-the-spot fine by officers on Beaconsfield Road, near to the Beatles' famous Strawberry Fields.

Torres recently returned to Anfield after lifting the World Cup amidst speculation that he would be leaving the club for either Chelsea or Manchester City but stated that his commitment had not wavered since he arrived from Athletico Madrid three years ago.

1281442881-torresspeeding.jpg

1281442881-torresspee2.jpg

Well hopefully he makes a speedy recovery:)

so far we only have insua' date=' carra, gerrard, johnson and cole. we need 3 more before the start of the season.

this is why we are looking at the goalkeeper jones aswell as crouch and cole[/quote']

Like Smartdoc said, that's not completely true.

Reina

Cavalieri

Johnson

Carra

Agger

Soto

Skrtel

Aurelio

Insua

Gerrard

Cole

Kuyt

Babel

Aquilani

Lucas

Jovanovic

Maxi

Torres

N'gog

There's our 19-man senior squad (excl. Masch) so there's room for 6 youngsters and we can pick the rest of the HG players from there. Surely there will be some transfers made but we won't be struggling with the homegrown rule

first points of the season:)

Liverpool FC striker Fernando Torres is notorious for his blistering pace on the pitch but it landed him in hot water with police off it.

The Spain striker' date=' 26, was stopped by traffic cops near to his home in Woolton, Liverpool after being pulled over for speeding in his black Aston Martin DBS, which cost him £160,000.

Dressed in an olive shirt and baggy jeans Torres, who is currently racing to be fit for Liverpool's opening league fixture with Arsenal this Sunday, was issued with an on-the-spot fine by officers on Beaconsfield Road, near to the Beatles' famous Strawberry Fields.

Torres recently returned to Anfield after lifting the World Cup amidst speculation that he would be leaving the club for either Chelsea or Manchester City but stated that his commitment had not wavered since he arrived from Athletico Madrid three years ago.[/font']

1281442881-torresspeeding.jpg

1281442881-torresspee2.jpg

Well hopefully he makes a speedy recovery:)

Where did you get that story from? Because it's wrong.

Fernando Torres stops police officer over photographer

The person taking the photograph was told to stop following Torres, and the police denied they had stopped Torres for speeding.