• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Synyster

• ray1981

• Vendetta

• koplfc

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Liverpool Thread The end of another season and I just want to lay down some of my ideas, hopes and aspirations for our beloved LFC. It was a disappointing season, finishing 6th due to a

Re: Official Liverpool Thread I'm a complete Suarez convert. Couldn't care less what he's done in the past, or that he may have gone down slightly theatrically in the odd game or two. He absorbs qui

Re: Official Liverpool Thread Just compiled andy carroll's match highlights..

Posted Images

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

Greatest hope for the season- Getting back into Europe.

Biggest fear- Torres getting a long term injury.

Most Important Player- Gerrard.

Terrace favourite- We all dream of a team of Carraghers!

Player you'd happily drive to his next club- Mascherano.

What one change would you make at the club?- The owners.

Have you got the right manager?- Hard to say yet but I think/hope so.

What advice would you give him?- Play more attractive football.

Team you most want to beat- Man Utd.

Opposition player you despise- Gary Neville.

Opposition player you secretly admire- Never really thought about this! I'll say Phil Jagielka.

Where will you finish?- 4th

Any of you lot read the 4-4-2 article on liverpool going the same way as leeds ? To be honest they've made the situation at Anfield seem alot worse than it is but still its a good read.

no and its probably doomsday scenario stuff seeing as the club will probably be sold soon(ish) whereas nobody really wanted to buy leeds

apparently a deal of 12mill plus hleb has been agreed for mascherno

deal of the century for Barcelona. they sell yaya toure a reserve player for them all last year for 28mill and bring in mascherno one of the best defensive mids in the world for 12mill and one of their worst player in their squad

this better not be true. we should be getting at least 25mill for mascherno

deal of the century for Barcelona. they sell yaya toure a reserve player for them all last year for 28mill and bring in mascherno one of the best defensive mids in the world for 12mill and one of their worst player in their squad

Don't need Hleb. So far, Hodgson has done well to replace those who left:

Jovanovic for Riera

Cole for Benayoun

Wilson for San Jose

Poulsen for (Mascherano)

I'm not saying that their replacement are as good, but he's at least got the same sized squad with the same number of players for each position.

I heard that too and I think it's being run by the Mail today. In my opinion it's worse than the Muntari part exchange deal that was being offered. The problem is, with Mascherano having made his intentions clear, suitors are going to try and get away with blue murder with the bids they make. Unfortunately, there's going to come a time when we will almost be forced to accept one of these offers as there's no point in keeping hold of an unhappy player :(

I heard that too and I think it's being run by the Mail today. In my opinion it's worse than the Muntari part exchange deal that was being offered. The problem is' date=' with Mascherano having made his intentions clear, suitors are going to try and get away with blue murder with the bids they make. Unfortunately, there's going to come a time when we will almost be forced to accept one of these offers as there's no point in keeping hold of an unhappy player :([/quote']

Id keep him and if he dont want to play fine let him rot in the reserves rather than accept that deal, it is a shocker :eek:

We do not need Hleb in any shape or form, if we are going to try and get a player off them it would be better to go for a full back like Maxwell or even try and entice someone like Bojan who may be surplus to requirements and in a position we need to strengthen, Hleb is not needed in any shape or form we have plenty of his type in the squad.

As nice as it would be to just say let him rot as you maybe could 10-15 years ago it's just unfeasible now. The player is seemingly trying to burn as many bridges as he can to try and make this happen, and if it somehow manages to fall through the club are left with an ever depreciating asset who a) doesn't want to be here and B) who's replacement has already been financed.

Unfortunately it's one of those situations where everything is conspiring against the selling club and you might have to accept below market value in order the make it happen, because the alternative outcome suits nobody.

Liverpool - Homegrown Players

The BBC have made an informative report on all twenty EPL sides, and Ive linked you to the Liverpool section.

Liverpool have only four senior home-grown players, Jamie Carragher, Joe Cole, Steven Gerrard and Glen Johnson.

The selected under-21s are: Daniel Ayala, Laurie Dalla Valle, Stephen Darby, Nabil El Zhar, Peter Gulacsi, Emiliano Insua, Steven Irwin, Martin Kelly, Krisztian Nemeth, David Ngog, Jonjo Shelvey, Jay Spearing, Danny Wilson.

Do four of those U21s count towards the eight homegrown players? Because there are plenty there which Liverpool can name and would be part of the senior squad, not just players to fill the quota.

I read from skysports.com that Birmingham could make another bid for Babel so if we got 8-10M£ for Babel and sold Mascherano for 12-13M£ + Hleb I think it would be pretty good business from Roy (once again).

Out:

Mascherano

Babel

In:

Hleb

Poulsen

17M£

Imo, it looks good because we're not going to get a good deal for Masch because he has only 2 years left in his contract, he's publicly stated he wants to go out and we've already bought his replacement. We could use that 17M£ very badly though (Drenthe & C. Cole:p)...

Liverpool - Homegrown Players

The BBC have made an informative report on all twenty EPL sides' date=' and Ive linked you to the Liverpool section.

Liverpool have only four senior home-grown players, Jamie Carragher, Joe Cole, Steven Gerrard and Glen Johnson.

[b']The selected under-21s are: Daniel Ayala, Laurie Dalla Valle, Stephen Darby, Nabil El Zhar, Peter Gulacsi, Emiliano Insua, Steven Irwin, Martin Kelly, Krisztian Nemeth, David Ngog, Jonjo Shelvey, Jay Spearing, Danny Wilson.[/b]

Do four of those U21s count towards the eight homegrown players? Because there are plenty there which Liverpool can name and would be part of the senior squad, not just players to fill the quota.

why are dani pacheco and david amoo not selected???

why are dani pacheco and david amoo not selected???

I dont know' date=' blame the BBC. This was written before Christian Poulsen signed on, as he's only listed as a potential target, and Loic Remy and Maynor Figueroa are also linked as possible targets.

Then again, at the bottom of the page:

[i']"(Figures and squad lists correct as of 1200 BST on Friday 13 August)"[/i]

I honestly dont know :confused:

The manager was asked about Mascerano today.. Some decent quotes...

For me this one was the most interesting :

"I haven't spoken to (managing director) Christian Purslow today because he is in London with the rest of the board but I'm hoping that transfer will take place and the sooner the better," he said.

Anyone have any idea what's going on in London today that requires the entire board to attend ?

The manager was asked about Mascerano today.. Some decent quotes...

For me this one was the most interesting :

"I haven't spoken to (managing director) Christian Purslow today because he is in London with the rest of the board but I'm hoping that transfer will take place and the sooner the better' date='" he said.

[/indent']

Anyone have any idea what's going on in London today that requires the entire board to attend ?

Could be a London based consortium trying to buy the club...?
:o

I would guess Pacheco is on his way out of the club and Amoo is deemed not ready for the 1st team this season' date=' if thats a true report from the BBC, who can be dodgy at times[/quote']

Pacheco has been given a squad number for this season, and not his usual 47, number 12 (Aurelio was given 6 :confused:) So I think Roy would like to keep him.

Strange that Aurelio didnt keep 12, I was glad I didnt get an Aurelio shirt the other season, as Id be annoyed that he'd changed to 6.

Pacheco has been given a squad number for this season' date=' and not his usual 47, number 12 (Aurelio was given 6 :confused:) So I think Roy would like to keep him.

Strange that Aurelio didnt keep 12, I was glad I didnt get an Aurelio shirt the other season, as Id be annoyed that he'd changed to 6.[/quote']

I think the good thing about Roy, which Rafa wasn't partculary good at, is he does proper rotation and will give players like Pacheco some real game time, and let him play too his current ability, without either ignoring the kids or throwing them in, in games they clearly wouldn't cope in just yet.

I must admit Aurelio isn't a player I'd get the name of on a shirt, but saying that I havn't had a name on a new shirt in years

strongly rumoured there is a big meeting between barcap' date=' rbs and the board regarding the potential buyers for the club

Strange that Aurelio didnt keep 12, I was glad I didnt get an Aurelio shirt the other season, as Id be annoyed that he'd changed to 6.

he wore #6 in brazil and said he felt this was a 'new start'

More likely a foreign consortium who don't want to fly to Liverpool. EasyJet aren't that popular amongst multi-millionaires ;)

git :D

I think the good thing about Roy' date=' which Rafa wasn't partculary good at, is he does proper rotation and will give players like Pacheco some real game time, and let him play too his current ability, without either ignoring the kids or throwing them in, in games they clearly wouldn't cope in just yet.

I must admit Aurelio isn't a player I'd get the name of on a shirt, but saying that I havn't had a name on a new shirt in years[/quote']

Aurelio is one of my favourite players, along with Crouch (who I got on a shirt the season he left) Im more reluctant to get player names on the backs of shirts now, and with my last one, I got my own name and 27, which is currently vacant at Liverpool.

Plessis has lost his number to Poulsen, and Insua's lost his to Wilson.

I think a deal for Mascherano is still a long way off. Hodgson is no mug and I can't see him letting him go for £12 million and Hleb. Mascherano isn't the type of player to just give up on the club though, even if a deal can't be agreed before the end of the month I'm sure he'll give just as much to the team. I heard today he would be happy enough to stay anyway?

strongly rumoured there is a big meeting between barcap' date=' rbs and the board regarding the potential buyers for the club

he wore #6 in brazil and said he felt this was a 'new start'

git :D[/quote']

I have it on very good authority that the meeting you are on about has taken place today between the parties you have spoken about in West London and basically RBS are putting the heat on as I understand it, the Americans if they dont sell will be paying through there pockets (poetic justice)

No preferred bidder has been decided so the reports this way claim, there appears to be a split on the board with the Huang bid supported by the other 3memebers whilst Hicks/Gillette support Khirdi and his consortium.....this story still has a long way to run and I can GUARENTEE that