Official Liverpool Thread

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

Depressing times, surely we won't be getting a chance this window at another top player that IS available.. Most of you are right, had we have signed Willian or Mkhitaryan, we would have been in touching distance of the top 4, but now I can just see us.. SO far away. :rolleyes:

• Replies 39k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Synyster

• ray1981

• Vendetta

• koplfc

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Liverpool Thread The end of another season and I just want to lay down some of my ideas, hopes and aspirations for our beloved LFC. It was a disappointing season, finishing 6th due to a

Re: Official Liverpool Thread I'm a complete Suarez convert. Couldn't care less what he's done in the past, or that he may have gone down slightly theatrically in the odd game or two. He absorbs qui

Re: Official Liverpool Thread Just compiled andy carroll's match highlights..

Posted Images

According to Barrett and the Guardian we want Lamela however we aren't willing to pay the 30mil price tag. Sickening, such a great player. However, Spurs want him as well so there would be no point in even attempting to get him. In fairness 30 mil is a hell of a lot of money although he's definitely got more potential than Willian.

Sometimes I think I'd be a lot happier if football didn't exist :P

According to Barrett and the Guardian we want Lamela however we aren't willing to pay the 30mil price tag. Sickening' date=' such a great player. However, Spurs want him as well so there would be no point in even attempting to get him. In fairness 30 mil is a hell of a lot of money although he's definitely got more potential than Willian.

Sometimes I think I'd be a lot happier if football didn't exist :P[/quote']

The club doesnt want to pay 30M for Lamela, yet offered 25M for Costa :confused: Lamela's a fantastic talent, when you see how inflated the market is nowadays then he's worth the 30M.

According to Barrett and the Guardian we want Lamela however we aren't willing to pay the 30mil price tag. Sickening' date=' such a great player. However, Spurs want him as well so there would be no point in even attempting to get him. In fairness 30 mil is a hell of a lot of money although he's definitely got more potential than Willian.

Sometimes I think I'd be a lot happier if football didn't exist :P[/quote']

You should've added 7 mil and buy Gotze :rolleyes::D

[b']Sometimes I think I'd be a lot happier if football didn't exist[/b] :P

No you wouldn't what would you have to moan about ;)

Sometimes you cant win as a club we get our fingers burned with big transfers and everybody says we need to be better value for money, more careful with our money then when we say X is to much we get accused of lacking ambition not being prepared to go big etc.....

The reality is we are shopping in the 2nd tier now when it comes to players and have to try and find stars and in many ways make them like the buys of Coutinho/Sturridge which looking back was absolutely fabulous value for money.

Wow talk about over reactions :P

People are now raving on about Spurs and how much better they are as a club than us.

Well they have done great over the last few seasons so totally deserve what they are getting currently.

LFC are now trying to do something similar and are rebuilding themselves and so far within a season seem to be going in the right direction, people need to be patient its not like potential world class players are going to dry up, there are plenty more and also tons and tons more yet to be discovered.

1 season a player is worth say 10mil then after an amazing break through season doubles / trebles in price and has become 'a name' , well maybe we can get some of these players before they become 'a name'

As ray has just said, those 2 players are great examples and maybe the 2 spaniards can be the same, maybe not... time will tell.

People need to realise the 4th place this season was always going to be a big ask. There is a huge gap between ourselves and Spurs, one that Willian was never going to solve and one that will take a couple of years to close. We have got the potential to do well this season, fans just need to see how far from CL football we really are.

£30 mil for Willian IMO is a bit much, yes he is a top player but not worth the asking price. The market is inflated, most players are difficult to sign within their true value and Liverpool have done well considering, look at Arsenal..

I have confidence in BR to do well in the prem but realistically we won't get fourth when you compare us to the competition....give it time and BR will have us up with the best again.

25m here' date=' 30m there...I'd personally have a go for Cabaye at 15m. Already proven that he's a top player in the Prem so I'd call 15m reasonable. If we were to act fast Wenger wouldn't even get chance to open his wallet.[/quote']

No chance, he wants to move to a Champion League club. His most likely destination would be PSG rather than Liverpool.

Wow talk about over reactions :P

People are now raving on about Spurs and how much better they are as a club than us.

Well they have done great over the last few seasons so totally deserve what they are getting currently.

LFC are now trying to do something similar and are rebuilding themselves and so far within a season seem to be going in the right direction' date=' people need to be patient its not like potential world class players are going to dry up, there are plenty more and also tons and tons more yet to be discovered.

1 season a player is worth say 10mil then after an amazing break through season doubles / trebles in price and has become 'a name' , well maybe we can get some of these players before they become 'a name'

As ray has just said, those 2 players are great examples and maybe the 2 spaniards can be the same, maybe not... time will tell.[/quote']Agree. Spurs have had their sensible self sustainable transfer plan, with a combination of good scouting in place for years now.

We only started our similar version of the same in January this year.

Having said that I still hope we're in for at least two more players this window. Will be disappointing if we're not.

Like Suso says, the players are still out there.

Trying not to panic until Sept 2nd.

People need to realise the 4th place this season was always going to be a big ask. There is a huge gap between ourselves and Spurs' date=' one that Willian was never going to solve and one that will take a couple of years to close. We have got the potential to do well this season, fans just need to see how far from CL football we really are.

£30 mil for Willian IMO is a bit much, yes he is a top player but not worth the asking price. The market is inflated, most players are difficult to sign within their true value and Liverpool have done well considering, look at Arsenal..

I have confidence in BR to do well in the prem but realistically we won't get fourth when you compare us to the competition....[b']give it time and BR will have us up with the best again[/b].

At the expense of who?? Utd?, City?, Chelsea??

At the expense of who?? Utd?' date=' City?, Chelsea??[/quote']

Realistically we can only catch Spurs and Arsenal, I honestly don't think we'll be anywhere near the Top 3 without MASSIVE investment. And even catching Spurs is looking unlikely without a couple of top players, Arsenal on the other hand...

Do you guys think you can catch Arsenal if they invest?

I know its a hard question to answer' date=' but lets say they bring in two positions they need and who are improvements on their first team.[/quote']

Still Chelsea, Spurs, Manchester United and City miles ahead of us.