Official Liverpool Thread

ian neller

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

Got bored so thought I would make a crossword of all the players Liverpool have been linked with this summer.

http://crosswordlabs.com/view/liverpool-transfer-targets-201314

All these players have had at least one mention either online or in the papers. All answers are surnames except two which are full names, and clue with two numbers in them indicate two words.

More on topic and contributing to the thread, was watching the Spanish Super Cup and was impressed by Arda Turan. Liverpool were heavily linked last season, what about him instead of Willian?

I don't think so. Liverpool have a fairly deep squad' date=' or at least several promising youngsters on the outskirts of the first team like Coates, Kelly, Flanagan, Wisdom, Sterling, Ibe, Alberto, Pacheco, Yesil, Robinson and Suso. They could have got some valuable, meaningful game time had Liverpool qualified for the Europa League.[/quote']I agree, i'd much rather be in it than not, and we have a squad of 25+ and a load of youth players - that's what they're for.

This season they might not get much time, depending on our cup runs. For me the more games you play - the better.

And the Europa League raises your profile as a club regardless of what some people say.

Got bored so thought I would make a crossword of all the players Liverpool have been linked with this summer.

All these players have had at least one mention either online or in the papers. All answers are surnames except two which are full names' date=' and clue with two numbers in them indicate two words.

More on topic and contributing to the thread, was watching the Spanish Super Cup and was impressed by Arda Turan. Liverpool were heavily linked last season, what about him instead of Willian?[/quote']Haha i like it. Yeah i think we were looking at Turan at some point.

All these players have had at least one mention either online or in the papers. All answers are surnames except two which are full names' date=' and clue with two numbers in them indicate two words.

More on topic and contributing to the thread, was watching the Spanish Super Cup and was impressed by Arda Turan. Liverpool were heavily linked last season, what about him instead of Willian?[/quote']

You spell Siqueira wrong in your crossword

All these players have had at least one mention either online or in the papers. All answers are surnames except two which are full names' date=' and clue with two numbers in them indicate two words.[/quote']

Have problem with this :

17. Barcelona/Spain

34. Valencia/France

36. Wigan/England

48. Real Madrid/Spain

Anyone know the answer? :o

Would you not agree that qualifying for the Europa league could be a hindrance rather than a help to Rodgers evolution?

No not really.

TBH Stu has given a really good answer as to why not. personally I want to be in as many competitions as possible.

You got to be in it to win it and like Stu said provides valuable experience to the younger guys and our squad is much better equipped now than we have been in the past two seasons to cope with more games.

I always want to be playing in Europe, European nights at Anfield are magical and I miss them. :(

Just look at the atmosphere against Zenit in last year's UEFA Cup when we almost pulled off the miracle comeback, absolutely rocking and I know I am biased but no other ground compares to Anfield on a big European night.

Have problem with this :

17. Barcelona/Spain

34. Valencia/France

36. Wigan/England

48. Real Madrid/Spain

Anyone know the answer? :o

17 isnt Barcelona/Spain' date=' its either Sporting Lisbon/Spain or Bayern Munich/Germany.

Might be worth restarting as I had to change Siqueira's name, maybe it messed up the clues.

[url']https://crosswordlabs.com/view/liverpool-transfer-targets-201314[/url]

Breaking News: Sky Sports Sources understands that Chelsea have now entered the race for Tottenham target Willian and are in advanced talks with the Anzhi Makachkala ace.

Now Spurs can see how it feels :P

Wow what a greedy ****. Rodgers actually wants players that want to play for the club and not themselves. Bullet dodged.

I have to admit if he did end up not going to Tottenham after all the gloating there fans have done on here I would allow myself a sly little chuckle :P

Plus Foster is quite right if and it is a big IF he has mucked Tottenham around to that extent then is that the mentality of player you want, seems to me like he is just looking out for one thing......as much cash as he can.

Don't understand why Chelsea want him they already have about 8 of that kinda player for 3 slots....

What's all this on twitter about breaking news on Suarez at 10:30? Anyone heard anything? :confused:

Yeah apparently something coming out of the guardian.

a) He's either leaving

B) Signing a new contract

Thinking maybe his new found happiness is that he's agreed a deal at a foreign club on the sly.

So the huge twist announcement that Guardian teased for us, is this :rolleyes:

Liverpool ready to rebuff any Real Madrid transfer bid for Luis Suárez

Brendan Rodgers has said Liverpool are prepared for a Real Madrid bid for Luis Suárez but has repeated John W Henry's claim that the striker will not be sold

That's it............

So the huge twist announcement that Guardian teased for us' date=' is this :rolleyes:

[i']Liverpool ready to rebuff any Real Madrid transfer bid for Luis Suárez

Brendan Rodgers has said Liverpool are prepared for a Real Madrid bid for Luis Suárez but has repeated John W Henry's claim that the striker will not be sold[/i]

That's it............

its so that Castles can post his sulia links and make money

So the huge twist announcement that Guardian teased for us' date=' is this :rolleyes:

[i']Liverpool ready to rebuff any Real Madrid transfer bid for Luis Suárez

Brendan Rodgers has said Liverpool are prepared for a Real Madrid bid for Luis Suárez but has repeated John W Henry's claim that the striker will not be sold[/i]

That's it............

If this is true then it is god giving us our chance. Real are't going to buy Suarez and Bale that just wouldn't happen. What I think they are doing is showing Spurs Bale isn't their be all end all and that they have other options, que Luis Suarez. Now that's actually a massive bonus for us. Not because we want to sell Suarez, nono of course Rodgers bloody well better reject Real's bid, but.. Tottenham are only making the huge bids on both Lamela and Willian on the bases that Bale is going. If all of a sudden Real are to stall on Bale talks, hint they are ready to move for Suarez, that will make Tottenham panic. Then they will either do two things. Lower Bales price and ultimately meaning they can't afford both Willian and Lamela. Or the more likeliest of the two, stand firm on their 90m price tag to convince people they are 'determined' to hold onto Bale. This will mean they will have to stall talks on either Willian or Lamela if not both as they can't be 100% that they will have 90m to spend after all. This is then our chance, to majestically storm in, give Tottenham a taste of their own medicine and snap up Lamela, then watch Willian go to Chelsea and ruin his career. We then reject the Luis Suarez bid, Real go back to Spurs who are in right mess and ask for 100m, Real say here you go, Bale is sold, Liverpool have Lamela and Suarez, Tottenham miss out on Willian and then al of a sudden you wake up from the greatest dream ever. :D