Official Liverpool Thread

ian neller

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

Seriously' date=' why aren't we buying Ljajic? He's available at 10mil, is young and has come off the back of a wonderful season. Do we not have scouts?[/quote']

Signing him isn't as easy as you think though. He's been rumoured strongly with Milan,even before the window open officially and i don't know how they haven't signed him and recently Atletico also join the race for him. Both teams are in CL (in Milan case likely to be),so if we managed to sign him,it'll be unexcpected story

Yeah' date=' and they're pretty good given our targets this summer.[/quote']

Dont think you need good scouts to identify Mkhitaryan and Willian :P

But seriously, I could see Ljajic being a similar signing to Coutinho, a low profile player compared to others with a hell of a lot of talent. He'd be perfect and we could even afford more players as well.

Was Willian ever close to joining you?

Would've been had Tottenham not jumped in, which is what Tottenham usually do to our targets, this time a bigger team jumped in on Tottenham. Amusing to say the least.

BR said they had to pull out because FSG weren't willing to match Tottenham's offer.

Dont think you need good scouts to identify Mkhitaryan and Willian :P

But seriously' date=' I could see Ljajic being a similar signing to Coutinho, a low profile player compared to others with a hell of a lot of talent. He'd be perfect and we could even afford more players as well.[/quote']Not to identify them you don't, anyone with a copy of Football Manager could do that!

Having said that, i doubt they'd have been identified under the previous Comolli scouting team. Under Benitez's maybe.

There are plenty of other players out there, Ljajlijic being one.

We never had a bid accepted for Willian so I'd say we weren't close. Quotes from Rodgers in his pre-Villa press conference showed how disappointed he was that the club didn't back him with the funds. It also suggests Willian would have chosen us over Spurs (probably not over Chelsea) because I don't know why BR would care so much if he would have gone to a different club anyway.

As for Ljajic, I've been wondering the same thing as Mr E... Maybe he has an attitude problem? Considering he has a low release clause and Fiorentina don't want to sell to a team in Italy, I think he'd be a realistic target for us, but it seems there's something BR/the transfer committee doesn't like about him.

If Liverpool are prepared to spend £30m on Willian, why not add £10m and make a cheeky bid for Mata? There's no penalty for being unsuccessful in making a bid, and the fact that Mourinho is wanting to trim down the Chelsea team, Mata makes sense. Chelsea have about a dozen players that all play in the top four attacking positions, they cant keep all of them and keep them all happy.

If Liverpool are prepared to spend £30m on Willian' date=' why not add £10m and make a cheeky bid for Mata? There's no penalty for being unsuccessful in making a bid, and the fact that Mourinho is wanting to trim down the Chelsea team, Mata makes sense. Chelsea have about a dozen players that all play in the top four attacking positions, they cant keep all of them and keep them all happy.[/quote']

HAHAHAHAHA - This is comedy gold:D

Why not just go for Kroos, Benzema and Di Maria whilst you are at it:D

After all their is no penalty for making a bid right:D

HAHAHAHAHA - This is comedy gold:D

Why not just go for Kroos' date=' Benzema and Di Maria whilst you are at it:D

After all their is no penalty for making a bid right:D[/quote']

Id rather be making bids left, right and centre than making derisory offers and not bringing in anyone.

Id rather be making bids left' date=' right and centre than making derisory offers and not bringing in anyone.[/quote']

So Arsenal should be making bids for Messi, Ronaldo, Bale etc etc etc:confused:

You need to get with the times bud - 10 years ago Liverpool may have been able to attract that calibre of player but there is not a hope in hell of you being able to attract the likes of Mata, Di Maria, Benzema etc of this world now.

Mata fgs:D:D

From challenging for the league title' date=' contesting European final's etc to now mocking Spurs failed transfer targets.

Oh how the mighty have fallen..... right off their perch;)

I guess you're bored following your teams fantastic display in the transfer window. So how are Modr...Bal...Fabre...Rona...Bain...Fellai... hmmm

;)

It's only a response to their confidence on this thread of them 'stealing' him.

I guess you're bored following your teams fantastic display in the transfer window. So how are Modr...Bal...Fabre...Rona...Bain...Fellai... hmmm

;)

It's only a response to their confidence on this thread of them 'stealing' him.

You are correct.

As we are not going to panic buy as City and Arsenal have unsuccesfully done in the recent past, we are going to have to make do with what we have:( If only we had a squad of players who finished 11 points clear of the rest last season then I would be at least a tad confident of making the top 6:(

God how I wish we had nicked Aspas:p

You are correct.

As we are not going to panic buy as City and Arsenal have unsuccesfully done in the recent past' date=' we are going to have to make do with what we have:( If only we had a squad of players who finished 11 points clear of the rest last season then I would be at least a tad confident of making the top 6:(

God how I wish we had nicked Aspas:p[/quote']

But Aspas is a great guy :(

And I think women belong in the kitchen but hey we can't all get what we want;)

We'll see about that.

In reference to your comment about Arsenal panic buying, assuming this is the summer of 11/12, then i fail to see how it was unsuccessful. It got them Top 4 off the back of an 8 - 2. At least be accurate with your statements.

We'll see about that.

In reference to your comment about Arsenal panic buying' date=' assuming this is the summer of 11/12, then i fail to see how it was unsuccessful. It got them Top 4 off the back of an 8 - 2. At least be accurate with your statements.[/quote']

You suffered an 8-2 defeat with a depleted side against a great Utd team/performance.

You should have been aiming for top 4 minimum never mind a title challenge, so getting into the top 4 ahead of the perennial bottlers Spurs was hardly a 'success':rolleyes:

You suffered an 8-2 defeat with a depleted side against a great Utd team/performance.

You should have been aiming for top 4 minimum never mind a title challenge' date=' so getting into the top 4 ahead of the perennial bottlers Spurs was hardly a 'success':rolleyes:[/quote']

Success is probably the wrong word but we had a shocking start to the season. Even more embarrassing then the 8-2 was the home defeat to Liverpool and we had what 7 points from 7 games. In the end, i think "getting away with it" is probably the more accurate terminology.

Back to Liverpool. We're in the wrong thread for talking about Top 4.