Official Liverpool Thread

ian neller

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

Don't worry you have Cleverley' date=' who needs Coutinho :eek:

Inb4CleverleyhasmoretitlesthanGerrard.[/quote']

I'd say Coutinho was better than Cleverley, am I Judas now?

Anyway random comment: I really really really really really miss when the top 4 was United, Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool :(

Yeah I did hesitate for a second thinking that will come back to bite me on the butt ala Coutinho but I took a punt;)

I am glad to hear you don't rate Aspas I seem to remember you not rating our number 7 and then him coming back to bite you on the butt as well

But hey he will never be a 20 goal a season man ;)

We'll see about that.

In reference to your comment about Arsenal panic buying' date=' assuming this is the summer of 11/12, then i fail to see how it was unsuccessful[/b']. It got them Top 4 off the back of an 8 - 2. At least be accurate with your statements.

Yes you may have ended 4th but not sure how you can say with a straight face that the signings of Benayoung, Park Chu Who and Andre Santos can ever have the word success written in a sentence. Mertersacker was pretty hopeless that year as well although he has improved since. Arteta was ok to good (ish) not sure they really had much of an influence.

I'd say Coutinho was better than Cleverley' date=' am I Judas now?

Anyway random comment: I really really really really really miss when the top 4 was United, Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool :([/quote']

Not as much as we do :P:o

Yes you may have ended 4th but not sure how you can say with a straight face that the signings of Benayoung' date=' Park Chu Who and Andre Santos can ever have the word success written in a sentence. Mertersacker was pretty hopeless that year as well although he has improved since. Arteta was ok to good (ish) not sure they really had much of an influence.

[/quote']

Benayoun did a job and Santos was all right for a few months. We weren't going to get 4th with the squad we had so, in the end, it worked out. Although it should never have got as far as it did but that's another story.

This is one of those games that imo shows our (possible) progress and if we win, we could really kick on. In the last couple of years we have almost without fail lost these games so I'm not confident at all.

My lineup would be the same as it was against Stoke but we need to approach this game differently. We need to be a little deeper and more direct, which seemed to work for us in the latter half of last season.

Sterling, Ibe and Borini are decent options off the bench.

This is one of those games that imo shows our (possible) progress and if we win' date=' we could really kick on. In the last couple of years we have almost without fail lost these games so I'm not confident at all.

My lineup would be the same as it was against Stoke but we need to approach this game differently. We need to be a little deeper and more direct, which seemed to work for us in the latter half of last season.

Sterling, Ibe and Borini are decent options off the bench.[/quote']

My thoughts exactly. This game will really show if we've got it in us to compete for at least a top 5 spot. Under normal circumstances I'd be putting my money on Villa but remember this will be their 3rd game in 7 days, not to mention their previous opponents were Arsenal and Chelsea. What really worries me though is Mignolets ability to deal with the high looping balls into the box, there'll be plenty of them tonight.

Gunna end up 1-1 this' date=' Sissoko doesn't look too confident either.[/quote']

Could deffinetly see Villa getting a goal the way this is going, don't know why we sit back on such a slender lead.

Feeling like we could do with Sterling now his speed on the counter could save us here, we are just dropping deeper and deeper.