Official Liverpool Thread

ian neller

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

If we we take Moses on loan' date=' I feel it would mean we've given up on other attacking targets. And if we're looking to get Moses on loan + 20M+ attacking player, where does that leave Sterling, Luis Alberto and Ibe? We really don't need anymore depth in the attacking midfield positions, just one more quality player.[/quote']

I agree with this spot on. Last thing we want is to start having to loan a bunch of players out like Chelsea already have to do.

Victor Moses on loan would incredibly underwhelming' date=' he wouldn't even get to our starting XI imo. I would really like to know why we seem to have decided against the likes of Ljajic, Konoplyanka & Griezmann.

[/quote']

Getting Moses in on loan will not affect our pursuit of a marquee LW signing. Moses is a RW and is simply an upgrade on Downing. We dont actually have any natural right sided players so I think it would be a decent bit of business getting him in on loan. I'll be reasonably happy if we get him however I'm still worried that we havent signed the LW and CB that we needed the most.

Getting Moses in on loan will not affect our pursuit of a marquee LW signing. Moses is a RW and is simply an upgrade on Downing. We dont actually have any natural right sided players so I think it would be a decent bit of business getting him in on loan. I'll be reasonably happy if we get him however I'm still worried that we havent signed the LW and CB that we needed the most.

If this was true' date=' then where does it leave Sterling & Luis Alberto (and Ibe as well)? And if Suarez stays, I have a feeling our starting lineup may be like this:

[img']http://this11.com/boards/abFn47CaB.jpg[/img]

Moses being the 'new signing' if it happens. Add a high quality LW and Moses drops to the bench where we already have Aspas, Borini, Henderson, Sterling, Alberto & Ibe. And I'd rather have Henderson & Sterling before Moses, maybe Aspas & Borini as well.

IMO we're looking at Moses for the LW spot and he'll sign for us on loan unless we can find a better player somewhere.

So your trying to say that Borini, Henderson and Alberto are better wingers than Moses? Considering none of them are wingers I'd say Moses is a step up for that position. He doesn't have to be a starter but having that kind of quality on your bench is what will help us bridge the gap and change games.

To be fair guys Enrique is better than Cissokho' date=' not expecting much from him in all honesty.[/quote']

Couldn't agree more with this, I'm a big fan of Enrique. Granted I've not seen a lot of Cissokho but looking at how his career has stalled I'd guess he wasn't all that.

If this was true' date=' then where does it leave Sterling & Luis Alberto (and Ibe as well)? And if Suarez stays, I have a feeling our starting lineup may be like this:

Moses being the 'new signing' if it happens. Add a high quality LW and Moses drops to the bench where we already have Aspas, Borini, Henderson, Sterling, Alberto & Ibe. And I'd rather have Henderson & Sterling before Moses, maybe Aspas & Borini as well.

IMO we're looking at Moses for the LW spot and he'll sign for us on loan unless we can find a better player somewhere.[/quote']

Sterling will remain on the bench as an impact player or become our second choice LW. Alberto will be a squad player, mainly used as cover for the LW/AM spots. Ibe is still only a kid, he might only get a few appearances this season. He's still behind Sterling IMO.

Moses will be brought in as cover for the RW spot when Suarez is rested/injured/subbed. None of Aspas, Borini, Henderson, Sterling, Alberto and Ibe are natural on the RW. They play mainly in the middle or on the left. Moses is definitely better than the options we have on the right other than Suarez. Initially, I thought Aspas would play there however he hasnt played wide once, not even in pre-season so clearly Rodgers fancies him as a striker or off the striker.

Also, Moses pretty much only plays RW which Downing played for us so I only see him as a replacement for him, but still only on the bench. There is no doubt in my mind that we will be going for a quality winger as well as Moses.

I agree with the point Bigtuna made

Sterling will remain on the bench as an impact player or become our second choice LW. Alberto will be a squad player' date=' mainly used as cover for the LW/AM spots. Ibe is still only a kid, he might only get a few appearances this season. He's still behind Sterling IMO.

Moses will be brought in as cover for the RW spot when Suarez is rested/injured/subbed. None of Aspas, Borini, Henderson, Sterling, Alberto and Ibe are natural on the RW. They play mainly in the middle or on the left. Moses is definitely better than the options we have on the right other than Suarez. Initially, I thought Aspas would play there however he hasnt played wide once, not even in pre-season so clearly Rodgers fancies him as a striker or off the striker.

Also, Moses pretty much only plays RW which Downing played for us so I only see him as a replacement for him, but still only on the bench. There is no doubt in my mind that we will be going for a quality winger as well as Moses.

I agree with the point Bigtuna made[/quote']

I think we will see Aspas out wide when Suarez returns. If we do end up signing a left winger then when Suarez comes back that will mean Aspas and Sterling will be on the bench. Plus we've also got to factor in Alberto, Hendo, Borini and chances for the younger players like Ibe. Plus if we've got Moses, what are we going to do when Suso returns. We can't fit all these players into two teams. Besides, Sterling played on the right for most of last season anyway from what I remember.

I think we will see Aspas out wide when Suarez returns. If we do end up signing a left winger then when Suarez comes back that will mean Aspas and Sterling will be on the bench. Plus we've also got to factor in Alberto' date=' Hendo, Borini and chances for the younger players like Ibe. Plus if we've got Moses, what are we going to do when Suso returns. We can't fit all these players into two teams. Besides, Sterling played on the right for most of last season anyway from what I remember.[/quote']

90% of the time Sterling was on the left with Suso and Downing on the right. Again, Alberto plays on the left or centrally, Henderson is a CM who can play wide if needed and Borini is awful on the wing so I wouldnt even consider him there.

Btw, I dont think youve thought properly about your point about Suso....

Moses would be on loan this season as would Suso, so when Suso returns Moses would be gone. I could see Suso going back out on loan if he carries on playing well.

I cant really comment on Aspas' ability on the wing but I think it would be a very shrewd bit of business getting him on loan.

Not sure how anybody can definitively say Enrique is better than Cissokho based on twenty minutes.

If Cissokho gets back to anywhere near the form he showed when at Porto then he could be an asset and certainly a lot more threatening in an attacking sense than Enrique, although Cissokho did not show that level of form at Valencia that is for sure.

I like Enrique always have but good to have that option to switch things around with a bit more pace and as the Full Backs provide a lot of our width Cissokho if we are chasing a game might be a decent option.

As for Moses I don't think the fact he is right footed matters, Rodgers throughout his career has tended to play right footers on the left, left on the right etc likes to play with his wingers coming inside and shooting.

Is Moses a decent option possibly but then I also think he ain't that good that maybe we should stop Sterling/Ibe getting the opportunity to have a go if we can't find a proper better level signing.

No point in bringing in someone for the hell of it, sometimes it is better to wait and get somebody you really want. We could cope without an attacking signing especially if Luis does stay and has only got to miss 3 more PL Games. ideally yes we get that quality AM/wing option but best to get somebody we really want than a buy to fill a slot.

I want quality, we have enough quantity already.

Me saying I want Henderson over Moses doesn’t mean I want Henderson as a winger. The lineup can be easily tweaked so that Hendo gets a position where he feels natural. Me saying I want Borini over Moses doesn’t mean I think he’s a better player than Moses. BUT I’d much rather give game time to a player who might have a future here rather than one who’ll just go back to another club when his loan contract ends.

And there’s a world of difference between Moses & Cissokho's loans. We can buy Cissokho for something like 3 or 4 million pounds and imo we almost certainly will. I simply don’t think Moses is good enough so I don’t want him stealing game time from Henderson, Sterling etc etc and then just go back to Chelsea.

But it looks like it’s happening so I guess I’ll have to come to terms with 1) us not buying a quality attacking player this window and/or 2) Sterling/Alberto only playing for the ressies. Or maybe we’ll do a Sahin with him, who knows.

As for Cissokho, I’m feeling quite confident that Rodgers can get the best out of him. Look at Suarez, Sturridge, Coutinho, Gerrard in a deeper role, Downing in 2013 and arguably some others as well… BR has a decent track record of getting the best out of his players.

I don't think Moses is getting enough credit. Let's remember Chelsea signed him for a reason. The lad is an absolute menace, beats people for fun and if he can add that bit of composure at the end of it then I'm sure he'll turn out to be a very good player. I would only take him on loan if there's an option to buy anyway otherwise it's completely pointless.

I agree with bigtunna. Moses would give us something we don't really have in the form of menacing strength, and to add to that might gain some a bit of a fan base from Nigeria. While id like to see Borini get game time, id have no objections to Moses coming in as he would certainly add something to the side and at £8m would be a coup.

Is this transfer a real possibility or are people just coming up with this from thin air?

I agree with bigtunna. Moses would give us something we don't really have in the form of menacing strength' date=' and to add to that might gain some a bit of a fan base from Nigeria. While id like to see Borini get game time, id have no objections to Moses coming in as he would certainly add something to the side and at £8m would be a coup.

Is this transfer a real possibility or are people just coming up with this from thin air?[/quote']

We've been linked with a loan move and Rodgers didn't deny we are in for him

Oussama Assaidi has completed a season long loan deal to Stoke' date=' decent signing, not to sure he will be a regular though.[/quote']

I was pretty excited when he signed for us. The it turned out he's Stewart Downing with an exotic name.