Official Liverpool Thread

ian neller

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

Yes he is. They are both awful and both a waste of money.

I cant really comment much because I havent seen him play, dont think hes even started a league game for Liverpool and only come on 4 times so im guessing youve watched him at Heerenveen with you knowing hes 'awful', might be alright if he gets a decent run of games.

I cant really comment much because I havent seen him play' date=' dont think hes even started a league game for Liverpool and only come on 4 times so im guessing youve watched him at Heerenveen with you knowing hes 'awful', might be alright if he gets a decent run of games.[/quote']

I've made my opinion quite clear on this thread about Assaidi. He's a decent player and played well most of the time when he actually got a chance to start (in cups). However, Rodgers didnt fancy him for one reason or another. I liked him a lot more than Downing as he can make something out of nothing but his final ball can be lacking at times. I think its a good move for him, hopefully he'll get some games at Stoke and show what he can do in the league as he hasnt had the chance to show his ability as of yet.

Even though he's nothing like him

Except he is. Running straight up and down his flank trying to use his turn of pace to get past players and failing at that, stopping and passing to the fullback or a CM. I think Ibe (and Sterling, easily) is already better than him but it's true he hasn't gotten much game time so maybe he can still improve a bit. But he mustn't have impressed Rodgers in training because we chose to use kids (Sterling & Suso) and Downing and never gave him a chance.

Even though he's nothing like him
Yes he is. They are both awful and both a waste of money.

Mr E is right he aint anything like him, Downing actually has some level of ability where as Assaidi is just plain useless most of the time.

Why do people think if you have pace and can do a stepover that makes you a player? The fact is Assaidi has pace and a stepover but his end product is diabolicle and he spends nearly all of his time running up and down into blind alleys not knowing what he is doing or what he is trying to do.

He also has one of the worst footballing brains I have ever seen at Liverpool, his positioning is woeful, no concept of operating within a tactical framework and he is just bang average. His final product was amongst the worse I have seen in my time watching Liverpool.

Why do you think Rodgers never played him?? Probably because he can see the same thing a lot of us can see. Best for him as well to get out and get some playing time, he was never going to get it here he aint good enough for a club with ambitions of getting into Europe.

BSsUzPHCMAE-Mv6.jpg

Start 5 players who should be rested to start against United. If any get injured i'm going to be less than impressed.

Happy to see Ibe and Sterling start.

Big risk to start Toure, Gerrard, Sturridge IMO those three players are already looking like the most important components going forward if anything happens to them tonight will be a massive blow.

I Can on the other hand understand him wanting a few "senior" selections though given the scars of the Oldham game from last season.

Always a tough balancing act for managers hopefully put the game to bed early and bring them off, if Borini cant get a game tonight though is he ever???

EDIT: brendon already confirmed Kelly aint ready for first team football in his news conference no point I suppose in taking the risk given the nature of his injuries if they don't feel confident.

Big risk to start Toure' date=' Gerrard, Sturridge IMO those three players are already looking like the most important components going forward if anything happens to them tonight will be a massive blow.

I Can on the other hand understand him wanting a few "senior" selections though given the scars of the Oldham game from last season.

Always a tough balancing act for managers hopefully put the game to bed early and bring them off, if Borini cant get a game tonight though is he ever???

EDIT: brendon already confirmed Kelly aint ready for first team football in his news conference no point I suppose in taking the risk given the nature of his injuries if they don't feel confident.[/quote']

Gerrard I can understand but Sturridge there is no need at all to have him start same with Kolo. Borini is good enough to face Notts at least. Not sure where Skrtel is but he could of played against Notts if he's not injured.

If Sturridge gets injured we have to start Borini against United. Keep that in mind.

Gerrard I can understand but Sturridge there is no need at all to have him start same with Kolo. Borini is good enough to face Notts at least. Not sure where Skrtel is but he could of played against Notts if he's not injured.

If Sturridge gets injured we have to start Borini against United. Keep that in mind.

Happy to see a strong team playing. Gerrard and co will be subbed once the game is won which I agree with. Dissapointed rossiter didn't make the bench though

Borini wouldn't start. We have Aspas

Sturridge didn't have a full pre-season though and he even said himself the other day that he isn't fully fit yet, I can't see him playing the full 90.

Skrtel is injured as well I think.

Not that big of a surprise that we a named strong lineup, we did that last season too. Even against Oldham last season we did start with Suarez, Sturridge, Gerrard, Skrtel, Henderson & Allen.

Also the United game is on Sunday so the players will get enough rest before that game, only concern is possible injuries. Personally I would have had McLaughlin & Borini instead of Johnson & Sturridge, maybe someone in Gerrard's place as well.

Very professional performance so far, played at a decent tempo and could and should have been more. One more goal will put the tie to bed if it ain't all already(football can be crazy sometimes)

Gerrard has been head and shoulders above everybody complete boss.

Hope the injury to Cissokho is nothing serious and come through the rest if the game unscathed. Would like to see Alberto and Allen have a bigger impact on the game perfect opportunity to show what they can do.

Very professional performance so far' date=' played at a decent tempo and could and should have been more. One more goal will put the tie to bed if it ain't all already(football can be crazy sometimes)

Gerrard has been head and shoulders above everybody complete boss.

Hope the injury to Cissokho is nothing serious and come through the rest if the game unscathed. Would like to see Alberto and Allen have a bigger impact on the game perfect opportunity to show what they can do.[/quote']

I'd probably take Sturridge off now done his part got 45 minutes and gives Borini a chance to sort his confidence out with the control we are in so far. I'd take off Gerrard but with Agger already on for Cissokho we can't risk a further injury and playing with 10 men.

You should be able to. There's the argument that they wouldn't be complacent if playing to impress too.

And this is a INJURY hit Notts County and a fully fit county are usually rubbish , Not watched the game just seen the county goals and the second county goal was completely poor all round from Liverpool. But every big team will get nights like this at the end of the day and liverpool certainly have enough to still win the game :)

(Certainly not mocking im a arsenal fan and we lost to league 2 last season albeit a better side :o)