Official Liverpool Thread

ian neller

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

Kolo Toures injured :rolleyes: Going off on a stretcher. This is great prep for the big match.

Yep 2-2 at home to a Notts Ounty side with 5 regulars out, down to ten men, our CB crocked and we are probably gunna get knocked out the carling Cup.

All in all fairly embarrassing depressing night :P

Raheem at RB......:o:o

Yep 2-2 at home to a Notts Ounty side with 5 regulars out' date=' down to ten men, our CB crocked and we are probably gunna get knocked out the carling Cup.

Raheem at RB......:o:o[/quote']

Should of started with the youngsters and players who had something to prove, only then if that fails should the experience come on. One of our stand out players looks like he'll miss the United game :rolleyes:

Yes indeed. If Rodgers just fielded a youth side and we got knocked out I would have no qualms. Yet he hasn't and a strong contingent of the first team is getting out played, whenever everything looked so promising at the start of the match.

County are definitely going to score again' date=' complete the farce :o[/quote']

See my pessimism always works :P

15 minutes of desperate defending upcoming :o

Good goal although tour ridge has looked shattered ever since halfway through the second half, absolute farce we have got ourselves in this situation.

If Kolo is bad and Skrtel still injured, Wisdom CB against United :o

Should have addressed the CB area ages ago been mentioning it all summer.

See my pessimism always works :P

15 minutes of desperate defending upcoming :o

Good goal although tour ridge has looked shattered ever since halfway through the second half' date=' absolute farce we have got ourselves in this situation.

If Kolo is bad and Skrtel still injured, Wisdom CB against United :o

Should have addressed the CB area ages ago been mentioning it all summer.[/quote']

An unfit Kelly would do a much better job, can't see Wisdom starting especially after his performance today.

THANKYOU HENDERSON. How is Cleverley in the England team ahead of him?

You should be able to. There's the argument that they wouldn't be complacent if playing to impress too.

Would NEVER work though, not with Liverpool anyway. We need our best players to win a game, even resting a few lead to us having to go to ET. I think Rodgers made the right decision in playing a mostly experienced side

An unfit Kelly would do a much better job' date=' can't see Wisdom starting especially after his performance today.

THANKYOU HENDERSON. How is Cleverley in the England team ahead of him?[/quote']

Agree with the Kelly point, just not sure Brendon will risk him but I would fear about Wisdom at CB against top class opposition.

Sturridge and Gerrard look absolutely knackered and ager has played over 100 mins as well. Simply have to get a CB it ain't a case of if Brendon gets someone he HAS to get someone.

still nights like this is half the fun of being a Liverpool fan, never dull :)

Agree with the Kelly point' date=' just not sure Brendon will risk him but I would fear about Wisdom at CB against top class opposition.

Sturridge and Gerrard look absolutely knackered and ager has played over 100 mins as well. Simply have to get a CB it ain't a case of if Brendon gets someone he HAS to get someone.

still nights like this is half the fun of being a Liverpool fan, never dull :)[/quote']

Should of had a defender at the start don't know if Rodgers can keep kidding himself. Todays match has sucked the confidence out of me for Sundays match. Hopefully we learn that Kolo only had severe cramp or that Skrtel just had a cold.

I see we have a new scapegoat to replace Downing already. Good luck this year, Andre.

There is five days for the players to recover for the United game as well so its not like its the end of the world. I mean they where hardly trying their hearts out.

That Henderson looks nearly as good as Andros Townsend and Ross Barkley as well. :rolleyes:

I see we have a new scapegoat to replace Downing already. Good luck this year' date=' Andre.

There is five days for the players to recover for the United game as well so its not like its the end of the world. I mean they where hardly trying their hearts out.

That Henderson looks nearly as good as Andros Townsend and Ross Barkley as well. :rolleyes:[/quote']

Did you watch Wisdom today? Absolutely pathetic defending performance, both goals were down to him.

Brendan Rodgers is hopeful Martin Skrtel will be fit in time to face Manchester United on Sunday after admitting he feared the worst over a groin injury sustained by Kolo Toure in the 4-2 win over Notts County.

The Ivorian defender was stretchered off with the game at 2-2 and is now a doubt for the weekend, along with Joe Allen and Aly Cissokho.

Rodgers said: "Kolo Toure, we need to assess it. His groin opened up a wee bit. He overstretched his groin and it doesn't look so good, to be honest."

Skrtel has yet to feature this season due to injury but he could be back for David Moyes' first trip to Anfield as Manchester United manager.

"Yes, he will be fine," said the boss. "Tonight was too soon for him but he's been back training for a few days."

Rodgers also provided an update on the conditions of Allen and Cissokho, who also had to leave the field in Tuesday's League Cup encounter.

"Cissokho was devastated," he said. "He shouldn't be too long. He's got a knock in his ankle. He was distraught to come off in his first start here.

"Joe Allen may well be a hamstring so we'll have a look at that.

"We'll know more in the morning but it wasn't a good night injury-wise."

I guess no signings because Skrtel will be back :rolleyes:

Brendan Rodgers is hopeful Martin Skrtel will be fit in time to face Manchester United on Sunday after admitting he feared the worst over a groin injury sustained by Kolo Toure in the 4-2 win over Notts County.

The Ivorian defender was stretchered off with the game at 2-2 and is now a doubt for the weekend' date=' along with Joe Allen and Aly Cissokho.

Rodgers said: "Kolo Toure, we need to assess it. His groin opened up a wee bit. He overstretched his groin and it doesn't look so good, to be honest."

Skrtel has yet to feature this season due to injury but he could be back for David Moyes' first trip to Anfield as Manchester United manager.

"Yes, he will be fine," said the boss. "Tonight was too soon for him but he's been back training for a few days."

Rodgers also provided an update on the conditions of Allen and Cissokho, who also had to leave the field in Tuesday's League Cup encounter.

"Cissokho was devastated," he said. "He shouldn't be too long. He's got a knock in his ankle. He was distraught to come off in his first start here.

"Joe Allen may well be a hamstring so we'll have a look at that.

"We'll know more in the morning but it wasn't a good night injury-wise."

I guess no signings because Skrtel will be back :rolleyes:[/quote']

It doesn't matter who you play CB, you still wont loose. Moyes will bottle it once again at Anfield.