Official Liverpool Thread

ian neller

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

I've seen him slated a few times. He's solid the majority of time he plays. They weren't solely his fault either.

He's got the potential to be a good player but he isn't ready yet to be playing for a side with Champions League aspirations and is at times a liability. We really could of done with giving him a season out on loan but due to injuries that isn't looking likely. Not sure how fit Skrtel is going to be but I fear the worst for Sunday. New CB becomes a priority signing for me now but still not sure we'll get one.

I would have started McLaughlin, though you can't really knock his team selection last night.

Just proves to the owners we need more players.

Definitely a centre back (we needed one before Touré injury), and still another DM.

Touré getting stretchered off was the most miserable i've been at a football match.

To be honest I was shocked at that lineup. No surprise a few ended up getting injured too.
Two of the three which got injured should have been fresh though, in Allen and Cissokho.

Touré injury was punishment for being rubbish in 2nd half.

Honestly, what is going on at this club. We've missed out on Mkhitaryan, Costa and Willian. We didn't even make moves for Mertens, Lamela and Ljajic. Now Spurs are in talks with Ajax for Eriksen too. I don't understand how Rodgers can come out and say he is after a left winger who can score goals, then just watch as Spurs and others snap up everyplay who are ideal for our needs when theres like 5 days left for the window. Now I'm not hating on Rodgers as I absolutely love everything he has done but this just doesn't make sense to me. To top it off we probably will end up with Moses on loan and that's it.

Honestly' date=' what is going on at this club. We've missed out on Mkhitaryan, Costa and Willian. We didn't even make moves for Mertens, Lamela and Ljajic. Now Spurs are in talks with Ajax for Eriksen too. I don't understand how Rodgers can come out and say he is after a left winger who can score goals, then just watch as Spurs and others snap up everyplay who are ideal for our needs when theres like 5 days left for the window. Now I'm not hating on Rodgers as I absolutely love everything he has done but this just doesn't make sense to me. To top it off we probably will end up with Moses on loan and that's it.[/quote']

Simple.

Mkhitaryan, Costa and Willian = Champions league.

Lamela = We don't have the money.

Ljajic = There must be an attitude problem because after the season he had their should be a lot more teams interested, not just us.

I can't wait for the window to be over. Had the best start to a season in years and all's I ever see on forums and Twitter is people moaning about transfers, thinking they know it all.

I wouldn't mind the window shutting before the season starts tbh.

Honestly' date=' [b']what is going on at this club[/b]. We've missed out on Mkhitaryan, Costa and Willian. We didn't even make moves for Mertens, Lamela and Ljajic. Now Spurs are in talks with Ajax for Eriksen too. I don't understand how Rodgers can come out and say he is after a left winger who can score goals, then just watch as Spurs and others snap up everyplay who are ideal for our needs when theres like 5 days left for the window. Now I'm not hating on Rodgers as I absolutely love everything he has done but this just doesn't make sense to me. To top it off we probably will end up with Moses on loan and that's it.

Because the other clubs are all better and/or have more going for them than LFC:o

Simple.

Mkhitaryan' date=' Costa and Willian = Champions league.

Lamela = We don't have the money.

Ljajic = There must be an attitude problem because after the season he had their should be a lot more teams interested, not just us.

I can't wait for the window to be over. Had the best start to a season in years and all's I ever see on forums and Twitter is people moaning about transfers, thinking they know it all.

I wouldn't mind the window shutting before the season starts tbh.[/quote']

Spot on, totally agree

What' date=' like two or three times, probably in the same game? He's 20 do you expect him to be like Phillip Lahm?[/quote']

I'd of expected him to deal with Notts County's attack better than he did. 20 or not if you're in the premier league and you're made to look average by Notts County then the signs aren't great, needs a loan spell in my opinion.

I'd of expected him to deal with Notts County's attack better than he did. 20 or not if you're in the premier league and you're made to look average by Notts County then the signs aren't great' date=' needs a loan spell in my opinion.[/quote']

You can say he was made to look average by Notts County but then you can also says he's looked good against most prem sides he has played, so signs are good.

I agree he could do with a loan but we can't afford to send him out with the thin defence we currently have.

Two of the three which got injured should have been fresh though' date=' in Allen and Cissokho.

Touré injury was punishment for being rubbish in 2nd half.[/quote']

Kolo never should have played the guy is just getting back into football after being benched for a few seasons to risk him was idiotic, we should have learnt after we lost Lucas in a similar situation. Yesterday's line-up was the worst decision Rodgers has made so far and it was easy to predict one would get injured.

Skrtel set to play United I hope it's the Skrtel of 2011-12 rather than 2012-13.

Heard we are close to Sakho though, hope to God it's true.

Kolo never should have played the guy is just getting back into football after being benched for a few seasons to risk him was idiotic' date=' we should have learnt after we lost Lucas in a similar situation. Yesterday's line-up was the worst decision Rodgers has made so far and it was easy to predict one would get injured.[/quote']

Who should we of played instead of Kolo?

A youngster. He shouldn't have been risked not even as a last resort' date=' especially with the United match on Sunday.[/quote']

Then what happens if we lose the game? (and we probably would of). Wouldn't even want to imagine, you'd think we're on the verge of relegation now the way some people are going on.

Then what happens if we lose the game? (and we probably would of). Wouldn't even want to imagine' date=' you'd think we're on the verge of relegation now the way some people are going on.[/quote']

If you were in a bad way during the game then you could have brought on a few first team players to swing it in your favour. I think Rodgers played so many regular starters as a hint that he thinks he needs more players.

Then what happens if we lose the game? (and we probably would of). Wouldn't even want to imagine' date=' you'd think we're on the verge of relegation now the way some people are going on.[/quote']

If we'd have lost the game with youngsters on I wouldn't have minded. I wouldn't have minded knowing that our first team was fit and ready for United. The worry comes from the fact Sturridge, Mignolet, Gerrard and Johnson have played 120 Minutes 5 days before a huge match add to the fact Kolo our stand out performer so far who I would have felt much safer having in our defence against RVP is now out for a month because of a very idiotic decision by Rodgers. Would switching Kolo out lose us the game? Probably not but knowing he would have been fit for United would have been enough.

If we'd have lost the game with youngsters on I wouldn't have minded. I wouldn't have minded knowing that our first team was fit and ready for United. The worry comes from the fact Sturridge' date=' Mignolet, Gerrard and Johnson have played 120 Minutes 5 days before a huge match add to the fact Kolo our stand out performer so far who I would have felt much safer having in our defence against RVP is now out for a month because of a very idiotic decision by Rodgers. Would switching Kolo out lose us the game? Probably not but knowing he would have been fit for United would have been enough.[/quote']

120 minutes with 5 days to recover. They are professional athletes.

I somehow doubt many people 'wouldn't of minded' going out of a cup in the first round to a team two divisions below us either.

I somehow doubt many people 'wouldn't of minded' going out of a cup in the first round to a team two divisions below us either.

Yes but Sturridge has just come back from a long term injury. 5 days to recover is fine say if we had Crystal Palace on Sunday, but we have United who'll have more recovery time and haven't lost any key players from injury. If anyone thinks playing key players in a cup match against Notts County with a match against Manchester United at the weekend is a good way to prepare. It's really truly not.

If you were in a bad way during the game then you could have brought on a few first team players to swing it in your favour. I think Rodgers played so many regular starters as a hint that he thinks he needs more players.
He certainly does now!

People will moan whatever happens.

I want us to do well in everything, and it's good to see that Rodgers does too. Never bought the idea that players can't play twice a week.

Injuries happen at any time in any circumstance, just look at Allen. He should have been fully fit and fresh but still got injured.

Granted, we could have done without extra time, and the second half performance was rubbish.

If we had fielded the reserves last night and lost the game I can imagine the response on here. Most people would be criticizing the lineup and saying we should have played a stronger team. I've seen it on here many times before. There's no way for Brendan to win really; he plays a full time and important players get injured, he plays a weakened team and we're out of the cup. The reaction is the same.

sorry but what people are saying about playing twice is total rubbish.

Man Utd only played against Chelsea the day before in a much harder game than we had against County, 120mins or not.

Also... if it was the Champions league yesterday what would we be doing then? playing youngsters seems we have Utd? of course not.

These players should be easily fit enough and they would HAVE to be had we been in the CL.

Also Rodgers already said Sturridge needs game time due to getting his fitness up, do we all of a sudden know more than him and his team because we play our imaginary footie games :P