Official Liverpool Thread

ian neller

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

Blimey argue amongst yourselves lads :P

Wisdom is a decent young player, he did not have the best game last night think that was fairly obvious to see. I personally do not have a problem with him playing RB but for me CB is an area you need players with know how experience and against a side as good as United I don't want to be testing a youngster, any chance we could get Carra back for a game?? :P

People are right Brendon could not win whatever he done last night personally I would not have started Gerrard and Sturridge as stated before the game, bring them n if we need them however this so called strength in depth can't be that great as he would have it the faith in Borini and co to do the job and if he don't trust them to do the job against Notts County when wil he???

Not exactly a vote of confidence is it.

however the main thing is we are through, I want us to win everything we go for and it keeps the momentum going, Toure is a big loss but gives Skrtel a chance to impress if fit.

Also agree with Foster in response to Lemon's post fairly obvious why we missed out on the likes of Willian, Henrik etc combination of finances and Champions League fairly obvious really.

We are selling players a project and the name of Liverpool football club at the minute and as much as we like to think it is enough a lot of the time it won't be given our lack of European Football. More than enough though for us to get European Football at the end of the season and I think we should approach both the cups in a positive approach to win it.

I was fully behind Rodgers' decision. If we'd have just played a team of kids we would have been embarrassed. I fully support Rodgers in being positive and making a strong statement by playing experienced players. The fact weve got man u at the weekend really shouldn't make a difference. These are proffesional footballers, they can play a game 5 days later for godsake they're not obese slobs. The injuries were unfortunate but thats just part of the game. If we had adequate replacements then maybe they wouldn't have had to play. We cant be resting players in games we need them just because there is a chance theyll get injured, thats pathetic. I have no reason to complain and that's coming from ME. We're through to the next round of the cup, won both our games and chances are we're going to sign some players before the end of the week. Good times IMO

:)

If anyone thinks playing key players in a cup match against Notts County with a match against Manchester United at the weekend is a good way to prepare. It's really truly not.

But it wasn't supposed to be preparation for the United game. It was a competitive game of a cup we are intending to win (obviously) so naturally we'll take the game seriously. Of course the manager has to keep an eye on the following fixture but he can hardly sacrifice a whole competition because there's a more important game 5 days away.

Yarmolenko anyone? :D

Those things happen all the time only takes one person to start a rumour and the Bookies take no chances.

Wouldn't believe any of it until we hear anything from a reputable (and there are only when it comes to Liverpool a couple of them) source.

Even then given how the window has gone for us the last month we will get usurped at the last minute :o:p

Those things happen all the time only takes one person to start a rumour and the Bookies take no chances.

Wouldn't believe any of it until we hear anything from a reputable (and there are only when it comes to Liverpool a couple of them) source.

Even then given how the window has gone for us the last month we will get usurped at the last minute :o:p

Yes I'm fully aware how bookies work thanks Ray :P

Doesn't mean I'm not allowed to get my hopes up B)

Although I don't think we need him' date=' Eriksen is available at 10mil. We paid 7mil for Alberto and may have to pay up to 10 to get Hughes. Interesting... :o:p[/quote']

I think Eriksen should be the highest priority behind a centre-back. He's a talented player who I thought would be worth more than 12 million euros. If Liverpool were willing to spend £30m on Willian, why not spend £18m on Eriksen and Alderweireld?

I think Eriksen should be the highest priority behind a centre-back. He's a talented player who I thought would be worth more than 12 million euros. If Liverpool were willing to spend £30m on Willian' date=' why not spend £18m on Eriksen and Alderweireld?[/quote']

Thats not the Liverpool way.

Simple.

Mkhitaryan' date=' Costa and Willian = Champions league.

Lamela = We don't have the money.

Ljajic = There must be an attitude problem because after the season he had their should be a lot more teams interested, not just us.

I can't wait for the window to be over. Had the best start to a season in years and all's I ever see on forums and Twitter is people moaning about transfers, thinking they know it all.

I wouldn't mind the window shutting before the season starts tbh.[/quote']

I wasn't complaining on how we'd missed out on those players. I was stating my frustration at how we'd missed out on them yet not at least made attempts to sign these other players. If we've got 30m to spend on Willian, we've got 30m to spend on Lamela, and had we made a bid earlier on in the window when Spurs weren't interested it could have been a whole new story.

Because the other clubs are all better and/or have more going for them than LFC:o

Roma are at the exact same level as us. I actually follow them and I can tell you we are defiantely a better side than them. Spurs are making all these signings late on in the window because now they know they are selling Bale. We could've signed them had we made moves earlier on as they weren't interested at the time.

Suarez's return from suspension is the United game in the cup. If he bags the winner and dives infront of Moyes all is forgiven. ;)

hmmmmm

It would certainly help the healing process in my love/hate relationship with Luis :P:p

It would help even more if he nutmegged Evra before scoring the winning goal in the 96th minute a headline writer's dream.

Some draw though, no matter what side they play gunna be up against it travelling to the dump that is Manchester.

They also create the rumours themselves sometimes, then make their rumour the favourite odds wise so people whack a load of money on it.

Sky do it all the time and i'm not sure how they get away with it.

Yarmolenko next in line for players we're linked with but probably won't get.

From what I've read he's a player we shouldn't even try to get. Tor-Kristian Karlsen who is one of the first people whose opinion I listen to with regards to players I've never seen play says English mid-table clubs have turned down the opportunity to sign him. Apparently (according to majority of people who watch the Ukrainian league) Konoplyanka is a fair bit better than him.

I hope we get Sakho, though. He's a player I wanted ages ago, back when any PSG player would have jumped at the chance to play for Liverpool. Now he's struggling for game time and maybe he could fulfill his potential here.