Official Liverpool Thread

ian neller

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

As soon as we missed out on Willian my next thought was Konoplyanka. Would fill a similar role positionally.

As Coutinho is a number 10 who can also play wide' date=' i see Konoplyanka (and Willian) as a wide player who can also play number 10.

Like i say i've not seen much of Yarmolenko lately, probably only a few games when he might have played v Shakhtar or Dnipro. I missed their game tonight, but looking at the stats he got two assists in the 45 mins he played, which isn't bad.

Out of interest, anyone know their respective ratings on this game? I don't play it myself but would be interesting to know.[/quote']

Yarmolenko and Konoplyanka are both 89 rated in game.

I saw yesterday that we have a 19.7m bid in for Yarmolenko now which is only 2.7m higher than AC Milans rejected bid. Not sure thats going to sway them into letting him go and imagine AC might be interested in upping their offer now they have champions league football guaranteed, which if they do I can see him heading their way and us losing out again.

I saw yesterday that we have a 19.7m bid in for Yarmolenko now which is only 2.7m higher than AC Milans rejected bid. Not sure thats going to sway them into letting him go and imagine AC might be interested in upping their offer now they have champions league football guaranteed' date=' which if they do I can see him heading their way and us losing out again.[/quote']

Soccermanager ratings don't mean a thing.

I dont want to get into your clubs classless argument all over again.

But given some of the situations you have found yourself in over the last couple of seasons, and with the thinly veiled reference to Munich being retweeted by your clubs official page.

What do you think of the media portrayal of your club? Is it fair? I think your PR team needs a stern word / sacking.

I saw yesterday that we have a 19.7m bid in for Yarmolenko now which is only 2.7m higher than AC Milans rejected bid. Not sure thats going to sway them into letting him go and imagine AC might be interested in upping their offer now they have champions league football guaranteed' date=' which if they do I can see him heading their way and us losing out again.[/quote']

Is there truth in the AC bid? I'm sure AC are strapped for money and needed to sell players before they could buy someone. They couldn't even stump up the £5m for Honda.

I saw yesterday that we have a 19.7m bid in for Yarmolenko now which is only 2.7m higher than AC Milans rejected bid. Not sure thats going to sway them into letting him go and imagine AC might be interested in upping their offer now they have champions league football guaranteed' date=' which if they do I can see him heading their way and us losing out again.[/quote']Cheers. Then hopefully we get Konoplyanka!

Soccermanager ratings don't mean a thing.
I just asked out of interest, don't think there was any indication of it being a vital piece of info when judging players (was part of the reason i don't play it any more because some are ridiculous!).

I dont want to get into your clubs classless argument all over again.

But given some of the situations you have found yourself in over the last couple of seasons' date=' and with the thinly veiled reference to Munich being retweeted by your clubs official page.

What do you think of the media portrayal of your club? Is it fair? I think your PR team needs a stern word / sacking.[/quote']

I think the fact that the football world is no longer shocked that LFC have promoted these comments shows just how they are viewed.

And they still wonder why a lot of folk still don't have much sympathy for Hillsborough:rolleyes:

So erm' date=' Tony Barrett has said we are set to take Shay Given on a one year deal and offload Brad Jones.

Now I think that's decent i'd much prefer Given as back-up than Jones. But we have so much more pressing issues it's strange that a back-up goalkeeper is what we are working on right now.[/quote']

If only burs was still on here :P

And they still wonder why a lot of folk still don't have much sympathy for Hillsborough:rolleyes:

You are a colossal idiot.

I think the fact that the football world is no longer shocked that LFC have promoted these comments shows just how they are viewed.

I don't think they promoted them' date=' rather they just had someone with no knowledge of football culture running the Twitter account.

It's been a gripe of mine for a long time, and the social media stuff is one big cheesy disaster in my opinion. But it is for a lot of clubs.

It's what happens when football communities turn into marketing communities.

I wrote this a while back, and it stands up even more after this recent balls up [url']http://www.kopleft.com/2013/02/09/how-lfc-sold-its-soul-to-social-media/[/url] I got loads of grief for writing that too because someone who works at the club denounced it and twisted it into something it wasn't.

Your Hillsborough comment is bang out of order and completely irrelevant btw.

Cheers. Then hopefully we get Konoplyanka!

I just asked out of interest' date=' don't think there was any indication of it being a vital piece of info when judging players (was part of the reason i don't play it any more because some are ridiculous!).[/quote']

Sorry didn't see that you asked.

What Suart H said.

Wow:eek:

What a horrible statement.

Is there truth in the AC bid? I'm sure AC are strapped for money and needed to sell players before they could buy someone. They couldn't even stump up the £5m for Honda.

Ive seen it reported in a few places now but nowhere that I would say was very credible. AC will have more money available now though after getting in the group stage of CL but I don't follow there dealings enough to know how hard up they are and whether its realistic for them.

Cheers. Then hopefully we get Konoplyanka!

I just asked out of interest' date=' don't think there was any indication of it being a vital piece of info when judging players (was part of the reason i don't play it any more because some are ridiculous!).[/quote']

Watched another YT vid of Kono and the more I see of him the more I think he would be a good signing. The speed he can run with the ball at and still maintain good control is impressive - he would cause a lot of problems for defenders what ever league he played in.

Next you'll be telling us Liverpool's scouts don't use SM as a scouting tool ;)

I think A.C won't go for Yarmolenko due to more pressing issues such as a lack of creativity in the team. What A.C needs most imo is an AM, and another CB and they should be good to go. Yarmolenko could fit in as a RW but they do still have a younger, and promising option in Niang.

They've just sold KPB so I think they have cash to work with now. Maybe not so much but enough to get Honda and they could step up if they want for Eriksen as He isn't going too high or even bring back a legend in Kaka.

I wouldn't worry too much on Yarmolenko :)

If you think one person running a Twitter account, who made a mistake, speaks for the whole of the club and fanbase you're just as much an idiot as the one who retweeted or whatever he done the tweet. e.g. cheekylad or the United fans that will be singing its never your fault on Sunday.

If you think one person running a Twitter account' date=' who made a mistake, speaks for the whole of the club and fanbase you're just as much an idiot as the one who retweeted or whatever he done the tweet[/quote']

Whole heartedly agree. My initial comment wasnt intended to start a whole your club vs my club debate, was a genuine question about how you feel the media portrays your club at the moment.

Forget about football, reputation, clubs media portrayal or twitter .... anyone who doesn't have sympathy for 96 people dying through absolutely no fault of their own is truly sick in the head.

I'm guessing you're a kid but just because you can sit at home behind a screen typing anything you like without repercussions doesn't mean you should do.

If you think one person running a Twitter account' date=' who made a mistake, speaks for the whole of the club and fanbase you're just as much an idiot as the one who retweeted or whatever he done the tweet. e.g. cheekylad or the United fans that will be singing its never your fault on Sunday.[/quote']But they are the clubs official presence on Twitter, and they're happy enough to bang that drum when it suits the club.

Just an error which we could all make in our jobs though, but a big one.

Like I say I think the guy running the account completely missed the Munich reference to the reply they got.

Liverpool Echo "Liverpool are close to signing PSG defender Mamadou Sakho despite Roma making a late move for Sakho. Sky Italia are reporting the player has agreed personal terms."

Talksport: "

Roma, who also want him, are unwilling to pay more than £4.2m, while AC Milan are only seeking a loan deal.

PSG are expected to make their decision later on Friday."

Sounds promising :)

You already have one of the best CB's in Agger (imo' date=' deal with it). Sakho is an amazing player that has everything needed to become absolute worldclass! You're gonna have a beastly CB pair in those two![/quote']

Sakho-Agger partnership will be a dream partnership for me. I really hope we secure Sakho. Replacing Carragher with Toure,getting Ilori and Sakho,keeping Skrtel as depth and loaning out Wisdom then that'll be good window in for defense reinforcement

You are a colossal idiot.

I don't think they promoted them' date=' rather they just had someone with no knowledge of football culture running the Twitter account.

It's been a gripe of mine for a long time, and the social media stuff is one big cheesy disaster in my opinion. But it is for a lot of clubs.

It's what happens when football communities turn into marketing communities.

I wrote this a while back, and it stands up even more after this recent balls up [url']http://www.kopleft.com/2013/02/09/how-lfc-sold-its-soul-to-social-media/[/url] I got loads of grief for writing that too because someone who works at the club denounced it and twisted it into something it wasn't.

Your Hillsborough comment is bang out of order and completely irrelevant btw.

Sorry didn't see that you asked.

What Suart H said.

Wow:eek:

What a horrible statement.

What a complete and utter idiot you are.
Forget about football' date=' reputation, clubs media portrayal or twitter .... anyone who doesn't have sympathy for 96 people dying through absolutely no fault of their own is truly sick in the head.

I'm guessing you're a kid but just because you can sit at home behind a screen typing anything you like without repercussions doesn't mean you should do.[/quote']

One of the most disgusting things I have read on SM. As vile as it is idiotic.

Woah woah - major mis-interpretation albeit for all of you to see it that way is my fault due to the way it is written.

That last sentence was in no way a 'dig' or poking fun at said event ....jeez.

My point which I perhaps should have explained more clearly is that whilst LFC have had their recent/current PR disasters then some fans (some which no doubt you will hear chanting on Sunday) will never be able to look at the club sympathetically as they seem to bring a lot of it on themselves (obv not Hillsborough, but they will point to Heysel).

Many LFC fans will admit to feeling a lack of support from the world over the Hillsborough tragedy as proven by the fact that it was primarily the club itself that fought for justice etc, however many fans/folk still only acknowledge the tragedy in itself, but do not offer much sympathy (perhaps Everton aside) toward the 'Liverpool' football club element of the tragedy due to the reputation the club still carries to this day.

Woah woah - major mis-interpretation albeit for all of you to see it that way is my fault due to the way it is written.

That last sentence was in no way a 'dig' or poking fun at said event ....jeez.

My point which I perhaps should have explained more clearly is that whilst LFC have had their recent/current PR disasters then some fans (some which no doubt you will hear chanting on Sunday) will never be able to look at the club sympathetically as they seem to bring a lot of it on themselves (obv not Hillsborough' date=' but they will point to Heysel).

Many LFC fans will admit to feeling a lack of support from the world over the Hillsborough tragedy as proven by the fact that it was primarily the club itself that fought for justice etc, however many fans/folk still only acknowledge the tragedy in itself, but do not offer much sympathy (perhaps Everton aside) toward the 'Liverpool' football club element of the tragedy due to the reputation the club still carries to this day.[/quote']Still a weird thing to say, what reputation is bad enough for people to not have sympathy towards the club and city for what happened? The modern day reputation of not being very good at PR, or something else?

I'd steer clear of certain subjects' date=' if i were you CL. Like me, you have absolutely no tact whatsoever. With things like this, you're going to dig a hole for yourself.[/quote']I don't think having no tact is an excuse.