• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Synyster

• ray1981

• Vendetta

• koplfc

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Liverpool Thread The end of another season and I just want to lay down some of my ideas, hopes and aspirations for our beloved LFC. It was a disappointing season, finishing 6th due to a

Re: Official Liverpool Thread I'm a complete Suarez convert. Couldn't care less what he's done in the past, or that he may have gone down slightly theatrically in the odd game or two. He absorbs qui

Re: Official Liverpool Thread Just compiled andy carroll's match highlights..

Posted Images

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

Gerrard is awful today. :o

Not his fault at all, thing is theres just so much attacking mediocrity around him he just doesnt know what to do. Should he pull back deep or should he go forward and try to link play, he wants to be everywhere for Liverpool to make up for the rest of the players inadequacies, he could do that 5 odd years ago but he just doesnt have the engine now, and you cant expect him to tie himself down to one position either.

Aspas + Alberto = 14M, Eriksen = 11M. I know what i would take. Read a article couple of days back with Eriksen saying Liverpool didn't move quick enough to sign him and that spurs got it wrapped up in a few days.

Never said that' date=' said we'll be fine when Suarez is back.[/quote']

You said his absence won't matter because we have a run of "easy" fixtures which shows a shocking amount of complacency. Said it a million times we are not half as good as some of you seem to think we are.

losing barely creating a chance absolutely pathetic display could play till Xmas and we would not score.

Not surprising at all' date=' can't wait to get Suarez back after this, Rodgers line-up was baffling we all knew that the game was lost when it was announced, Rodgers got it very wrong and I hope he admits it.[/quote']

Amen to all that Rodgers got it completely wrong today, but the players were absolutely awful.

Top 4 You are having a laugh :P:p

Not at all.

We just don't have enough cover in that position...

I think some people are a bit quick to bash Brendan (not meaning you, quoted as I agree with not having enough cover)

As far as out-and-out full-backs go, here are the options:

Enrique (slight injury)

Cissokho (injured)

Robinson (out on loan)

Johnson (injured)

Kelly (not match fit)

Wisdom

Flanagan

McLaughlin

With Manchester United next week, it would have been too risky to play Enrique from the start. Going off previous performances this season, Liverpool have fallen off a cliff in the second half, so would you rather start Enrique but bring on Sakho for the final half hour when Liverpool are usually under most pressure, or save Enrique for if it's not going well? Wisdom has had a bit of stick recently, so maybe Brendan has taken him out of the limelight, but there isnt the depth to cover.

Couldn't see the match live as I was at work but from what stats I could find it looked quite even and yet another example of not putting away chances. When Suarez is back, it should help goal-wise, but with up to five defenders out injured, I would be surprised if Liverpool keep a clean sheet against United.

What a horror show. I genuinely didn't think it was possible for us to play as bad as we did. I'm one of Rodgers' biggest fans but I can't quite understand his thinking today. But then again you can't expect too much when you have several good players injured/suspended and the back-four is pretty alien to each other. McLaughlin would have improved the lineup today:).

I do love an absolutely mental team selection:D.
What a horror show. I genuinely didn't think it was possible for us to play as bad as we did. I'm one of Rodgers' biggest fans but I can't quite understand his thinking today. But then again you can't expect too much when you have several good players injured/suspended and the back-four is pretty alien to each other. McLaughlin would have improved the lineup today:).

Suso gets a goal for Almeria today in a contest that produced thirteen yellow cards.
And not one card was shown to Suso. That is what I like to see, a player that can keep his cool, and supply the goods. Re-call him Brendan!! Although turns out he is the 2nd most carded Almeria player with 3 cards, so..... ummm.....yeah. :D

You said his absence won't matter because we have a run of "easy" fixtures which shows a shocking amount of complacency. Said it a million times we are not half as good as some of you seem to think we are.

losing barely creating a chance absolutely pathetic display could play till Xmas and we would not score.

I dont get you how dont understand me. We have Suarez back who will effectively replace Coutinho. Our run of fixtures is at its easiest (we dont have chelsea, city, arsenal, etc) therefore we should still be able to get the results without Coutinho, even though it is a blow. If we had Coutinho for the next 5/6 games and we didnt have Suarez I would feel confident we would do well. Instead, we have our best player (Suarez) and not Coutinho. Therefore we should still be fine. That isnt complacency. That isnt saying we will win every game. Thats saying we should still have enough to do well. Either way, we wont finish top 4...

Sunderland will get their first win of the season against us and we'll come even further down to Earth.

Only good thing that came out of the Southampton match is that Rodgers probably realises how silly it was to not use a natural full-back and that Suarez will walk back into the line-up now and the fact he's back Wednesday couldn't be better timed should be a good boost for us. Still not understanding the point of having Kelly on the bench if he's not going to get 10 minutes here and there, he can't build fitness any other way.

I wouldn't play Sakho against United with the way he's started it would only add more pressure to him.

Would line-up like

Mignolet

Kelly/Kolo -- Agger -- Skrtel -- Enrique

Lucas -- Gerrard

Moses -- Suarez -- Henderson

Sturridge

Have to say Mignolet was fantastic yesterday bar the goal, it could have been much worse. Thinking after the United game Gerrard could do with a rest, hasn't offered us anything in the past couple of games in all honesty and hasn't looked sharp since the 120 minutes at Notts County.