Official Liverpool Thread

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

;2748643']Rob Jones is a coup too' date=' was mr dependable[/quote']

Rob Jones was the best RB Liverpool have had in my years watching Liverpool, absolute class and if it was not for injuries he would have been England's RB for years and Gary Nev would never have got a look in.

Remember the printed shirts "I was there when Rob Jones scored" which was all premature as he never did :P

Fabulous player only Marcus Babbel comes close of those in the modern era.

• Replies 39k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Synyster

• ray1981

• Vendetta

• koplfc

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Liverpool Thread The end of another season and I just want to lay down some of my ideas, hopes and aspirations for our beloved LFC. It was a disappointing season, finishing 6th due to a

Re: Official Liverpool Thread I'm a complete Suarez convert. Couldn't care less what he's done in the past, or that he may have gone down slightly theatrically in the odd game or two. He absorbs qui

Re: Official Liverpool Thread Just compiled andy carroll's match highlights..

Posted Images

Rob Jones was the best RB Liverpool have had in my years watching Liverpool' date=' absolute class and if it was not for injuries he would have been England's RB for years and Gary Nev would never have got a look in.

Remember the printed shirts "I was there when Rob Jones scored" which was all premature as he never did :P

Fabulous player only Marcus Babbel comes close of those in the modern era.[/quote']

Dan Petrescu was better ...

Never heard of him.

Jones had played 243 times for the Reds, earned several accolades and man of the match awards, although he famously never scored a goal for Liverpool.

Team-mates Steve McManaman described him to FourFourTwo magazine as the best defender he ever played with, naming him in his all time perfect XI alongside the likes of Zinedine Zidane, Luis Figo, and Roberto Carlos.

Younger team-mate Jamie Carragher also once said of Jones: "I played with Rob Jones a few times and he was a bit unfortunate with injuries and his best form was probably before I got into the team, when he was as good as probably anything in Europe at the time ... He was playing out of his skin and I think if he'd have stayed fit he probably would have gone on to win 70 or 80 caps for England instead of Gary Neville."

Made his England debut just 4 months after joining from 4th division Crewe....

Retired at just 27.....

For those interested' date=' this is Suso's performance against Barcelona in his last match.

[url']

[/url]

3 conclusions based on this video:

1. His dribbling is as good if not better than Suarez's

2. He needs to pass quicker

3. He will be a great player come next season

Really can't wait to watch him alongside Coutinho:eek:

For those interested' date=' this is Suso's performance against Barcelona in his last match.

[url']

[/url]

3 conclusions based on this video:

1. His dribbling is as good if not better than Suarez's

2. He needs to pass quicker

3. He will be a great player come next season

If he can get the passing it'll be like having a left footed Coutinho. Watched a bit of him this season and he's been impressive for both Spain and Our Maria.

The rumour has been for a couple of days that Sterling will play at RWB. Which in turn would probably mean that Henderson will play centrally today.

I had a dream last night that we won 1-0 with Sturridge scoring. I'd take that, although with Palace's injury problems and their quality in general we should be able to score more than that today.

The rumour has been for a couple of days that Sterling will play at RWB. Which in turn would probably mean that Henderson will play centrally today.

I had a dream last night that we won 1-0 with Sturridge scoring. I'd take that' date=' although with Palace's injury problems and their quality in general we [i']should[/i] be able to score more than that today.

following on from that i was thinking re Moses at LWB.

it would work to attack from the off..

Why not? Im sure he will do defending down that side.
Crystal Ball? :P Liverpool could end up with a red card early on and he would be defending ;) Although i'm sure tactically Rodgers would take him off if Liverpool did end up with a red card.

Crystall ball though I don't have one :(

Of course he'll be involved in some situations where he'll have to defend. Just like he would if he was the winger. But primarily his job will be to offer us width in the final 3rd and create chances and therefore I'm not concerned about his defensive abilities. And I think his pace will go a long way in helping him deal with Palace's wingers.

Of course now I've jinxed Sterling and maybe the whole Liverpool team but that's how it should go imo.

EDIT: the team is: Mignolet, Toure, Skrtel, Sakho, Henderson, Enrique, Gerrard, Sterling, Moses, Sturridge, Suarez

Subs: Jones, Ibe, Wisdom, Agger, Aspas, Ilori, Alberto

Of course he'll be involved in some situations where he'll have to defend. Just like he would if he was the winger. But primarily his job will be to offer us width in the final 3rd and create chances and therefore I'm not concerned about his defensive abilities. And I think his pace will go a long way in helping him deal with Palace's wingers.

Of course now I've jinxed Sterling and maybe the whole Liverpool team but that's how it should go imo.

I think Sterling has been pretty good on the few occasions he has played at RWB/RB like when he played there in the cup. He also played there for the u21s a few weeks back and was really good. I'd possibly rather have seen McLaughlin play there though tbh, if there was a time to give him a game then this would have been it I think. I'm suprised Kelly isnt starting though, surely he's about ready now?

I think Sterling has been pretty good on the few occasions he has played at RWB/RB like when he played there in the cup. He also played there for the u21s a few weeks back and was really good. I'd possibly rather have seen McLaughlin play there though tbh' date=' if there was a time to give him a game then this would have been it I think[/b']. I'm suprised Kelly isnt starting though, surely he's about ready now?

I said a few weeks back that I wanted McLaughlin to make his debut in this game. I still hope that he gets to make his debut in the coming months but I think the attacking responsibility would have been too big in this game, considering we're using wing-backs rather than fullbacks in a back four.