• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Synyster

• ray1981

• Vendetta

• koplfc

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Liverpool Thread The end of another season and I just want to lay down some of my ideas, hopes and aspirations for our beloved LFC. It was a disappointing season, finishing 6th due to a

Re: Official Liverpool Thread I'm a complete Suarez convert. Couldn't care less what he's done in the past, or that he may have gone down slightly theatrically in the odd game or two. He absorbs qui

Re: Official Liverpool Thread Just compiled andy carroll's match highlights..

Posted Images

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

Have we actually had a good game all season? i actually dont think we have

3rd place would dictate otherwise.

For once you look like a team,for years its been hit and miss,more than capable of beating the big teams,but you knew that a **** result was round the corner.

This year has to be the most exciting Liverpool team since the 2005 and 2001 treble cup winning team.

Seem to have the balance right,i remember the Liverpool teams of the 80s,Dalglish,Rush,Mchamon,Molby etc,then later on Aldridge,Beardsley,Houghton,Barnes etc.

Always been a Celtic fan,but fell in love with that team.

Brendan Rodgers will be the making of you,his documentary was cringey,but I tell you this,a fantastic manager,Utd should have him instead of Moyles lol.

3rd place would dictate otherwise.

For once you look like a team' date='for years its been hit and miss,more than capable of beating the big teams,but you knew that a **** result was round the corner.

This year has to be the most exciting Liverpool team since the 2005 and 2001 treble cup winning team.

Seem to have the balance right,i remember the Liverpool teams of the 80s,Dalglish,Rush,Mchamon,Molby etc,then later on Aldridge,Beardsley,Houghton,Barnes etc.

Always been a Celtic fan,but fell in love with that team.

Brendan Rodgers will be the making of you,his documentary was cringey,but I tell you this,a fantastic manager,Utd should have him instead of Moyles lol.[/quote']

We may be 3rd but we've been rubbish all season, we've just managed to get the results. Do you even remember our 2005 team haha? We had players like Djimi Traore and Biscan. We were very average back then

We may be 3rd but we've been rubbish all season' date=' we've just managed to get the results. Do you even remember our 2005 team haha? We had players like Djimi Traore and Biscan. We were very average back then[/quote']

Average enough to land the old big ears:rolleyes:

Why the negativity? You have a real chance to finish in the top 4 this year and as you say,arn't even playing well,whats the problem?

As long as you keep Suarez top 4 should be no problem,if you lose him January,whole diferent ball game.

Have we actually had a good game all season? i actually dont think we have

Considering that you're getting many more points than you'd expect, I'd say your comment was embarrassing at best.

You've tended to score early and then defend the lead which is fair enough, as it's worked. In fact, you've started to score more since Suarez came back.

Considering that you're getting many more points than you'd expect' date=' I'd say your comment was embarrassing at best.

You've tended to score early and then defend the lead which is fair enough, as it's worked. In fact, you've started to score more since Suarez came back.[/quote']

Embarrassing? What you on about? Just because we've been getting the results doesnt mean we've been playing well at all. Its not like we've been overachieving anyway, we've had quite an easy start. Only the result against United wasnt expected.

We havent been trying to just defend after we've scored. Its been due to us not playing well once we've scored. Even Rodgers has said on occasions that he is unsure why we cant maintain our performances for a full game.

When I say playing well, I mean over a 90 minutes. We've had 3 or 4 good first half performances and then have been pretty woeful in the 2nd halves.

You played well for 45 mins against us. Felt a draw was more deserving. However I think your being harsh on yourself

Again' date=' I mean over 90 minutes we've not done well. We've had a few good 45 minutes.

Average enough to land the old big ears:rolleyes:

Why the negativity? You have a real chance to finish in the top 4 this year and as you say,arn't even playing well,whats the problem?

As long as you keep Suarez top 4 should be no problem,if you lose him January,whole diferent ball game.

I honestly dont even know what you mean by big ears haha:o

I'd like to share your optimism but I dont think we will finish top 4 and most Liverpool fans seem to think so as well. It seems more opposition fans rate our chances higher. Hopefully youre all right

Embarrassing? What you on about? Just because we've been getting the results doesnt mean we've been playing well at all. Its not like we've been overachieving anyway' date=' we've had quite an easy start. Only the result against United wasnt expected.

We havent been trying to just defend after we've scored. Its been due to us not playing well once we've scored. Even Rodgers has said on occasions that he is unsure why we cant maintain our performances for a full game.

When I say playing well, I mean over a 90 minutes. We've had 3 or 4 good first half performances and then have been pretty woeful in the 2nd halves.

Old big ears was a reference to winning the European Cup in 2005.

Top 4 is certainly up for grabs this season,why not Liverpool?

Again, I mean over 90 minutes we've not done well. We've had a few good 45 minutes.

I honestly dont even know what you mean by big ears haha:o

I'd like to share your optimism but I dont think we will finish top 4 and most Liverpool fans seem to think so as well. It seems more opposition fans rate our chances higher. Hopefully youre all right[/quote']

Top 4 is certainly up for grabs this season,why not Liverpool?

Top 4 is certainly up for grabs this season' date='why not Liverpool?[/quote']

4th place is definitely up for grabs. I just dont see it. Not until we actually start playing well (performance levels) will I feel confident

Results over the performance any day of the week, for me. We have 17 points from 8 games and if we kept that form for the rest of the season, we'd finish at 80 points.

We've been in good form for 9 months now, so we're picking up some consistency as well. It doesn't matter if we've been getting 1-0 wins or 5-0 wins, as long as they're wins.

Also, something that I just want to throw out there. It's been suggested by people a lot smarter than me that our fitness plan is that we're peaking later than other teams, meaning in these first games of the season we've looked like running out of gas in the second half, but hopefully after Christmas we're in better condition than other teams.

Am not really into sports science but how can you peak latter in the season while showinng weakness at the start?

Newcastle braught in a highly rated fitness coach in summer Faye and it really showing at the later stages of our games. It showed yesterday as we had to work our socks off for 50mins

Every game counts

Am not really into sports science but how can you peak latter in the season while showinng weakness at the start?

Newcastle braught in a highly rated fitness coach in summer Faye and it really showing at the later stages of our games. It showed yesterday as we had to work our socks off for 50mins

Every game counts

Like I said it was suggested by people a lot smarter than me (someone who has studied it) but I guess the idea is that when teams start to fatigue post-Dec/Jan/Feb' date=' we'll be fitter than them. I don't know how it [i']really[/i] works but we've seen numerous times teams crashing down a few months before the end of the season, so the idea must be to avoid that whilst accepting that in the first couple of months others are fitter than you.

I don't know if we have done this, it's just something that's been suggested and it makes sense to me.

I think it's very reasonable to be worried with our performances especially with our fixtures we'll be made or broken by the end of December.

West Brom (H)

Arsenal (A)

Fulham (H)

Everton (A)

Hull (A)

Norwich (H)

West Ham (H)

Tottenham (A)

Cardiff (H)

Man City (A)

Chelsea (A)

Theres some massively tough games there, the fact we have all our rivals for the Top 4 spots away from home means we could be out of those spots come January and off the pace. Obviously it means we have them all at home (bar United) in 2014 but we could realistically lose 5 games out of our next 11 especially the way we are playing.

Gonna be tough, our form in November and December will be the making of what ever position we can aim for by the end of the season, if we are hovering in and around the Top 4 by January i'll be happy with that.

Like I said it was suggested by people a lot smarter than me (someone who has studied it) but I guess the idea is that when teams start to fatigue post-Dec/Jan/Feb' date=' we'll be fitter than them. I don't know how it [i']really[/i] works but we've seen numerous times teams crashing down a few months before the end of the season, so the idea must be to avoid that whilst accepting that in the first couple of months others are fitter than you.

I don't know if we have done this, it's just something that's been suggested and it makes sense to me.

TBH I agree with Mr Pig (no offence mate :P)

Sounds like a load of tosh to me, we should be fresher than the top sides in the sense that we won't have played as many games due to a lack of European commitments, but with the squads e big clubs have and the way they rotate I really don't see that being to big an advantage.

I think it's very reasonable to be worried with our performances especially with our fixtures we'll be made or broken by the end of December.

West Brom (H)

Arsenal (A)

Fulham (H)

Everton (A)

Hull (A)

Norwich (H)

West Ham (H)

Tottenham (A)

Cardiff (H)

Man City (A)

Chelsea (A)

Theres some massively tough games there' date=' the fact we have all our rivals for the Top 4 spots away from home means we could be out of those spots come January and off the pace. Obviously it means we have them all at home (bar United) in 2014 but we could realistically lose 5 games out of our next 11 especially the way we are playing.

Gonna be tough, our form in November and December will be the making of what ever position we can aim for by the end of the season, if we are hovering in and around the Top 4 by January i'll be happy with that.[/quote']

Those away fixtures are very daunting and we got four points from the five involved last year and the pessimist in me don't see us getting anymore than that this time around :o

If we are still in striking distance of top four after that lot we may have a real chance especially if we did major to pull a rabbit out the hat in the window like we did with Sturridge and Coutinho last year.

I tend to agree with MR E as well though I don't really think we have played that well this season(back end of last season the football we played was fantastic we ain't hit those heights this season so far)

However we are getting results and that is a positive sign because as I say we really ain't played that well yet this season but having the SAS and Coutinho together will help that a luxury we have for very very few games since they arrived last Jan because of injuries at different times to Sturridge/Coutinho and Luis self imposed exile.

TBH I agree with Mr Pig (no offence mate :P)

Sounds like a load of tosh to me' date=' we should be fresher than the top sides in the sense that we won't have played as many games due to a lack of European commitments, but with the squads e big clubs have and the way they rotate I really don't see that being to big an advantage.

Those away fixtures are very daunting and we got four points from the five involved last year and the pessimist in me don't see us getting anymore than that this time around :o

If we are still in striking distance of top four after that lot we may have a real chance especially if we did major to pull a rabbit out the hat in the window like we did with Sturridge and Coutinho last year.

I tend to agree with MR E as well though I don't really think we have played that well this season(back end of last season the football we played was fantastic we ain't hit those heights this season so far)

However we are getting results and that is a positive sign because as I say we really ain't played that well yet this season but having the SAS and Coutinho together will help that a luxury we have for very very few games since they arrived last Jan because of injuries at different times to Sturridge/Coutinho and Luis self imposed exile.[/quote']

Man Utd won titles not necessarily by playing attractive football every game, but by scraping victories when they weren't playing well. Now they are playing badly and dropping points. Liverpool haven't exactly set the world on fire but look where they are now. I don't think Liverpool will win the league, but I definitely see progress, despite the odd poor performance.

Man Utd won titles not necessarily by playing attractive football every game' date=' but by scraping victories when they weren't playing well. Now they are playing badly and dropping points. Liverpool haven't exactly set the world on fire but look where they are now. I don't think Liverpool will win the league, but I definitely see progress, despite the odd poor performance.[/quote']

I basically agree and that is what I am saying. We have got decent results without really setting the world alight which can only be a good sign because as I say there is a lot more to come or there should be anyway :)

I'd much rather we won all our games and played terribly. I've just been feeling slightly negative as I dont think we can carry on playing so average and keep where we are in the table. The good thing is, however, that once we start actually playing well we should be able to maintain our place in the top 4. Hopefully we can get our act together before the big games come.

Suso's latest performance. I'm getting quite frustrated watching Suso's games. I think he needs to be playing with better players. He's too good for Almeria. At least he's doing well

I wouldnt get too carried away :P there weren't anything in that video to suggest he was head and shoulders above everyone else. This 'big fish in small pond' mentality is excellent for his development, he cant get that in a big club, will give him good confidence and his game will get even better. Will put some sense of responsibility on his shoulders aswell because his team mates will look for him to dig the the team a way out of problems, so that will further push his ability. All a player needs at that age is loads of confidence, and ofcourse playing time. At his stage of development as player you cant expect him to receive them two things at a much bigger club than Almeria.

I wouldnt get too carried away :P there weren't anything in that video to suggest he was head and shoulders above everyone else. This 'big fish in small pond' mentality is excellent for his development' date=' he cant get that in a big club, will give him good confidence and his game will get even better. Will put some sense of responsibility on his shoulders aswell because his team mates will look for him to dig the the team a way out of problems, so that will further push his ability. All a player needs at that age is loads of confidence, and ofcourse playing time. At his stage of development as player you cant expect him to receive them two things at a much bigger club than Almeria.[/quote']

Im not saying he's miles better but Almeria are awful and havent won a game all season. He makes quite a lot of chances and if they were better he would have got miles more assists.

Im not saying he's miles better but Almeria are awful and havent won a game all season. He makes quite a lot of chances and if they were better he would have got miles more assists.

I understand what you're saying mate. My point is, in a way its good hes at a not so good club because it means theres added pressure on him to give his all during games, his team mates will be looking to him for inspiration.

Rumours gathering pace that we are set to loan Andre Wisdom to Derby for the rest if the season, not confirmed I might add.

Could be a good move for him, regular football to develop and the championship is a good test physically as well.

Possibly a little sweetener and paving the way for Will Hughes perhaps....

Rumours gathering pace that we are set to loan Andre Wisdom to Derby for the rest if the season' date=' not confirmed I might add.

Could be a good move for him, regular football to develop and the championship is a good test physically as well.

Possibly a little sweetener and paving the way for Will Hughes perhaps....[/quote']Think I noticed him say on Twitter earlier today that he'd already gone. Makes sense really, but would prefer to see him playing regularly at a Premier League side on loan.

Speaking of which, can we have Borini back if he's just gonna sit on the bench at Sunderland?