Official Liverpool Thread

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

sorry' date=' my bad its the LB - do you know if he's any good? roy's not signed any complete random scandinavians yet which has slightly worried me :D[/quote']

Yeah, he's quite good. Sweden's best LB. Used to play for the club I support, Malmö FF. :) He's improved a lot really since he was with us, he was quite weak defensively, but he was great at attacking and crossing The thing is, he was a winger at that time and he got converted into a LB. Now, he's quite good at defending, he has good strength and he's fast as as hell. He was wanted by Lazio as a replacement for Kolarov and also Bremen, Valencia, Celtic, Fulham (when Roy was incharge) He would be a good signing if Liverpool signed him. :) Apparently, Basel will let him go for like €2M-€3M.

• Replies 39k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Synyster

• ray1981

• Vendetta

• koplfc

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Liverpool Thread The end of another season and I just want to lay down some of my ideas, hopes and aspirations for our beloved LFC. It was a disappointing season, finishing 6th due to a

Re: Official Liverpool Thread I'm a complete Suarez convert. Couldn't care less what he's done in the past, or that he may have gone down slightly theatrically in the odd game or two. He absorbs qui

Re: Official Liverpool Thread Just compiled andy carroll's match highlights..

Posted Images

You guys better hope that Reina doesn't get injured this season - Brad Jones is truly awful. You'd have been better off buying Lee Grant off us for half the fee (before his move Burnley' date=' that is).[/quote']

He can't be that bad. :o

Now ey :D Brad jones would have even been our number 2 this year ;)

Just pulling your leg :P. Can't see why we bought him either to be honest. I've never seen that much potential in him and we may as well have saved the 3m. Even if Hodgson wanted to save a non-homegrown slot by not having Cavallieri as our second choice keeper, I believe Bouzanis would have qualified as homegrown in January. May as well have loaned a keeper till then. Pretty strange purchase all-in-all.

Guest Scout Maker

he isn't far off it.

And the Sun isn't worth reading...

Isn't too far off, he's around 4th-5th in the world but certainly not the best.

Aye, but he obviously done the interview.

Casillas' date=' Julio Cesar, Buffon, all off the top of my head, there are a few others who are arguably better than him.[/quote']

Disagree with Casillas. I don't watch a lot of Spanish football but when I do I don't find him THAT good. Obviously a world class keeper but I think Reina's better. Buffon may have been better 3 years ago but I'd rate Pepe higher than him aswell. Julio Cesar is up there though, not much between the two.

Tbh, Julio Cesar was the best until the end of the last season. At the end of the last season and in the WC, he was completely unreliable. At this moment, I'd pick Reina over JC.

Buffon is past it.

However, I'd still rather have Casillas than Reina.

Also, out of curiosity, has anyone of you guys seen Diego Lopez/Diego Alves/Cesar last season? I'd actually take Diego Lopez over any GK in the World at this moment.

What line up do you guys think Roy will play against Trabzonspor? Man City will be a tough game' date=' so would it be smart to play a top side? Thankfully, the Man City game will be on Monday.[/quote']

Should be a strong'un, hope torres gets more than 30 minutes, and Wilson, and Dani Pacheco play

will be sat in the kop :)