ian neller

Official Liverpool Thread

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

Anyone else seen that we are trying to get Montoya in January? Would be a decent signing.

I've seen the rumour but i see the news which mentioned Agger could be involved in the deal. I certainly don't want Agger to go

Tony Barrett confirms Sturridge has suffered ankle ligament damage and could face a lengthy absence.

What a sickner especially with our fixture list.

Leaves us with Suarez and Aspas as our only strikers :o

oh fgs :mad::mad::mad::(:(:(

Aspas is still injured anyway aint he??

Massive blow, massive :(:(

EDIT: Just read Suarez is doubtful as well after a clash in training with Prison Break.....we are doomed

oh *** :mad::mad::mad::(:(:(

Aspas is still injured anyway aint he??

Massive blow' date=' massive :(:([/quote']

Back in training today along with Coates who is way ahead of schedule on his return. Looks like we have to rely on Suarez yet again for the foreseeable future, it might force Rodgers into the transfer market. It's a humongous blow to our Top 4 hopes hopefully everyone steps up and as far-fetched as it is I hope Aspas cuts the mustard (can't see it myself though) we deffinetly need a striker now.

Back in training today along with Coates who is way ahead of schedule on his return. Looks like we have to rely on Suarez yet again for the foreseeable future' date=' it might force Rodgers into the transfer market. It's a humongous blow to our Top 4 hopes hopefully everyone steps up and as far-fetched as it is I hope Aspas cuts the mustard (can't see it myself though) we deffinetly need a striker now.[/quote']

Back to 4-3-3 for sure now I think, Moses on the wing(time for him to step up his performances after an initial opening burst have been disappointing of late) and Coutinho in the number ten role all seems logical.

Massive blow though, there are usually 3-4 vital players in a team you cant afford to lose and he is one of them. The SAS has been the difference maker for us this year in our improved performance and to lose one is gunna have a massive detrimental effect to us no point in pretending otherwise.

Just hope it is not as serious as some are making out from what I read. :(

Liverpool should concentrate on their youth academies rather than spending for more foreign players.

Players like Aspas are no better then the youth players in Liverpools academy e.g. Suso who has to get pushed out on loan.

They can then push on, save lots of costs, improve their status, reputation and cash flows, and cut out the unnecessary buys they have made over a very long time i.e during Man Utds long dominance.

Montoya is no better then GJ at RB, and Wisdom and Flanagan are still improving very well.

Selling Agger would also be a fatal mistake.

Shame to hear about Sturridge

Hope the injury isnt a long one, for Englands sake. I enjoy watching England alot more when hes playing.

Massive lost for you guys, will be interesting to see how you cope, although you started brillianty without Suarez so could still be alright

I would replace Sturridge with the player most like him. Which means Sterling, Ibe or Moses, but I'm hoping it won't be Moses.

We're lacking pace if none of the players above are on the pitch. Suarez may be able to beat Hull on his own but for the tougher games coming up we need more pace than Henderson, Aspas, Allen or Alberto can offer.

Talk of Brendan getting a contract extension of 5 years. While I don't think this is a bad idea if things carry on, is it really the right time to be handing out a contract of such a length? Don't want people to get complacent....

Talk of Brendan getting a contract extension of 5 years. While I don't think this is a bad idea if things carry on' date=' is it really the right time to be handing out a contract of such a length? Don't want people to get complacent....[/quote']

More compensation if you do sack him right? Surely he'd have a salary increase.

Talk of Brendan getting a contract extension of 5 years. While I don't think this is a bad idea if things carry on' date=' is it really the right time to be handing out a contract of such a length? Don't want people to get complacent....[/quote']

I can't see him becoming complacent, he seems to love the club already. Even though all the 'fight for my life' talk is kinda cringey sometimes its what you want to hear from your manager. And let's be honest, considering how tight our owners are with wages there will be some clause in there to not give him a massive compensation fee.

I don't really have a problem with it, he ain't gunna be on Mega money the mistakes of the past have been learnt....TBH you can see the improvement and his manner is befitting of a Liverpool manager IMO.

Sure there will be clauses to deal with every possible situation which may arise regarding dismissal although hopefully the progress continues and we don't have to deal with that.

Rumours are Sturridge ankle may just be a sprain which would not be as bad, if it is his ligaments that's basically three months so fingers crossed. announcement from the club expected later today.

I've liked Rodgers ever since he first came in and absolutely loved what he's done, but I have to say I'm a bit puzzled as to how quickly he's been given a long term contract. He's not even half way through his current contract yet, and despite clear progress being made that is there for all to see he hasn't actually achieved anything yet.

Hull 0-4 Liverpool is my prediction comrades.

Hull are a miniature team, who cannot even beat 9 or 10 men on a field.

Very weak side.

Liverpool will maintain pressure on Arsenal.

This season continues to shapes up like 00/01, we are just replacing Henry/Bergkamp with Ozil/Giroud and Heskey/Owen with Suarez/Sturridge.

Liverpool looks to have improved their strike situations from that year.B)

Although Aspas can take the place of heskey....

Hull 0-4 Liverpool is my prediction comrades.

Hull are a miniature team' date=' who cannot even beat 9 or 10 men on a field.

Very weak side.

Liverpool will maintain pressure on Arsenal.

This season continues to shapes up like 00/01, we are just replacing Henry/Bergkamp with Ozil/Giroud and Heskey/Owen with Suarez/Sturridge.

Liverpool looks to have improved their strike situations from that year.B)

Although Aspas can take the place of heskey....[/quote']

Hold up, can't beat 9 or 10 men on a field, they've beaten Norwich, Newcastle, West Ham & Sunderland.

& how you can compare those current players to the former ones is laughable (former Arsenal over current my about 100,000 miles.

& comparing Heskey to anyone lol) :P