Official Liverpool Thread

ian neller

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

Liverpool_boom-bust.jpg

It's on!

Solid first 11 but a couple of injuries and they'd always struggle to keep up their early form. Lucky they've had no European football to deal with to be honest.

In fairness, I don't think any Liverpool fans (certainly not on here) thought we were going to win the league. We know our team is still nowhere near as good as the title contenders. Realistically, all we want is a top four finish. Which is still realistic.

(...) don't know what's hone wrong with Toure but he's been dreadful since he came back from Injury.

Agree. Was thinking the same. He is all over the place and took too much time with the ball.

Johnson have an awful quiet game today. Seems off.

Suarez was isolated upfront. Not much creativity, chances created coming from Moses and Sterling.

Wonder what would the final outcome is if we player Coutinho + Alberto instead of Moses + Sterling from the start.

Not sure what to say about the game except that everything that could have gone wrong, did go wrong.

Surely now we will actually see our two best centre-backs starting together after that horror show?

I know we like to laugh at Chelsea for spending £50M for Torres and selling Sturridge for £12M, but us getting Moses on loan is probably the worst deal of the bunch. We should send him back and just give Ibe a chance in games where we would have played Moses

Not sure what to say about the game except that everything that could have gone wrong' date=' did go wrong.

Surely now we will actually see our two best centre-backs starting together after that horror show?

I know we like to laugh at Chelsea for spending £50M for Torres and selling Sturridge for £12M, but us getting Moses on loan is probably the worst deal of the bunch. We should send him back and just give Ibe a chance in games where we would have played Moses[/quote']

How is getting a player on loan for 6 months worse than spending fifty million pounds on Fernando Torres :D

Not sure what to say about the game except that everything that could have gone wrong' date=' did go wrong.

[b']Surely now we will actually see our two best centre-backs starting together after that horror show?[/b]

I know we like to laugh at Chelsea for spending £50M for Torres and selling Sturridge for £12M, but us getting Moses on loan is probably the worst deal of the bunch. We should send him back and just give Ibe a chance in games where we would have played Moses

Which two are those? Agger and ?

Respuesta: Official Liverpool Thread

Sometimes is not just your own mistakes but virtues of the adversary. This time it was a mix of those. Besides who would have been the best defender partnership, Liverpool's creation department was completely nule. Hull did a great job with the pressure on the sides and Suarez had a terrible game, just like the rest of the team.

Johnsons game was really shocking today

Interesting that. I'm not sure who I'd have to partner Agger. Sakho is probably the one who we'd want to have in there moving forward' date=' but some part of me wants to have a right-footed RCB and a left-footed LCB :o[/quote']

I agree, I dont think Sakho and Agger would work in a four-back formation. Perhaps in a three with one of them in the centre and Toure or Skrtel as the right-most defender.

I know we like to laugh at Chelsea for spending £50M for Torres and selling Sturridge for £12M' date=' but us [b']getting Moses on loan[/b] is probably the worst deal of the bunch.

I think you have been harsh on that part. At that time it was good move from Rodgers due to us needing some player to accommodate the squad depth (Borini, Assaidi out loan) and also Suarez still banned.

I believe that loan move is better than just bought him straight from Chelsea (if we ever consider him), also Rodgers is known to used fast pacey winger in the past. So, that's loan move make a perfect sense. It is just this year, he start to use more central creative player and make them drift from the flank.

But tonight I believe BR have a make a mistake, he play a winger, but not playing them to their strength as winger.

I think you have been harsh on that part. At that time it was good move from Rodgers due to us needing some player to accommodate the squad depth (Borini' date=' Assaidi out loan) and also Suarez still banned.

I believe that loan move is better than just bought him straight from Chelsea (if we ever consider him), also Rodgers is known to used fast pacey winger in the past. So, that's loan move make a perfect sense. It is just this season, he start to use more central creative player and make them drift from the flank.

But tonight I believe BR have a make a mistake, he play a winger, but not playing them for their strength as winger.[/quote']

I agree (again) Against Swansea, Moses played amazing out wide. Hes been forced to play through the middle due to Coutinho's absence and he simply isn't a central type of player. He was a victim of the 3-5-2, as Brendan preferred a more balanced wide player than an all-out attacker.

Total shambles today we got what we deserved absolutely nothing, credit to Hull who really did not have to do to much to beat us great day for them but a slap in the teeth for us.

Started the game with the wrong attitude, and throughout the game the tempo was absolutely non existant. Against a side who are going to pack the defence you need to play quickly move the ball quickly to move the defence around and I create spaces but our build up was so so slow. You could have popped down the road got a Sunday paper come back and it still would have been Mignolet-Skrtel-Toure would still have been playing it between themselves :(

That was the major problem a complete lack of tempo, not to mention that defensively at the minute we are all at sea. It probably does it help that we have changed the back line nearly every week and there is no continuity or cohesion in selection which helps understanding. We have had one clean sheet I think since August which kinda says it all really. The problems for me stem from the back but there was more than that to it today that's for sure!!

Everybody is having a go at Skrtel but I actually thought he was one of our better players (which admittedly ain't saying much) he made numerous clearances, competed, positioned reasonably well. Toure was absolutely awful today looked like old age had caught up with him in the space of a week or so, so laboured, useless with the ball at feet and looked all at sea, took him about half hour to get back from that forward run in the second half. Not impressed by his apparent "show of emotion" considering a lot of the problems stemmed from him today.

Johnson was abysmal as well. Moses and Sterling come in for a lot of stick and yes they were bad offered nothing, and gave so little support to Luis who I felt desperately sorry for. Sterling was bad but I think Moses deserved more stick Sterling is a young player making his way and Moses is the senior figure here. he has been moaning in e press about a lack of opportunity but today is a great indication why that has been. No hunger, no determination, not a hint of creativity really really poor sadly.

Today just exposed the holes in our squad, missing one of the three in Suarez-Sturridge-Coutinho is a blow but without two of them we struggle desperately. Coutinho didn't look fit when he came on and bar Gerrard there is no creativity in that side whatsoever to feed Luis.

Henderson is not a number ten I really cannot understand why Brendon played him there, he didn't have a good game but in a role totally alien to him he can be forgiven.

The away for has been poor for a long while we just don't look to force the game, play at a pace and what was really galling about today was not losing but the fact we lost with a whimper a lack of class, charachter and fight, whenever we go behind in a game you never feel confident about coming back. :(

Six points from the next two is vital because I really cannot see us getting anything from the next three away games if we play like this and we have very little in the squad to change it around.

Bad day but sadly we get used to throwing in the occasional shocker :(

In fairness' date=' I don't think any Liverpool fans (certainly not on here) thought we were going to win the league. We know our team is still nowhere near as good as the title contenders. Realistically, all we want is a top four finish. Which is still realistic.[/quote']

Realistically, have you improved the squad in the summer is the question i think not by much.. Toure was past it when he went to City, he had 1 decent spell at City but that was it in 4 years, he was never going to be your replacement. Did you upgrade anywhere i dont think you did, particularly mid field and in attack you needed players better than your existing ones (Of which there are many). I believe it will be a grind to just get to 5th for you as there are atleast 6 teams better than Liverpool.

Realistically' date=' have you improved the squad in the summer is the question i think not by much.. Toure was past it when he went to City, he had 1 decent spell at City but that was it in 4 years, he was never going to be your replacement. Did you upgrade anywhere i dont think you did, particularly mid field and in attack you needed players better than your existing ones (Of which there are many). I believe it will be a grind to just get to 5th for you as there are atleast 6 teams better than Liverpool.[/quote']

Mignolet was an improvement Reina. Was the difference between this year and last year against Stoke, Aston Villa and Everton just to mention a few standout games. 6 teams better than us? Maybe 4, but defiantly not 6.