Official Liverpool Thread

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

I don't think it was a pen' date=' he was playing for it personally IMO but I can also having just seen it again see why some people would view it as apen but for me he plays for it.

We have been on the wrong end of massive decisions at Everton, City, Chelsea and had no luck at all but it is gone now and in these big games you want the decisions to be correct but we ain't got them unfortunatly for us.

As for Mourinho his interview epitomises everything about why I can't stand him, pathetic and classless.[/quote']

He may have been looking for it but I think Lucas was clumsy and makes contact so it is a pen for me.

Regarding you being unlucky with decisions, it is about time decisions went against you:p

• Replies 39k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Synyster

• ray1981

• Vendetta

• koplfc

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Liverpool Thread The end of another season and I just want to lay down some of my ideas, hopes and aspirations for our beloved LFC. It was a disappointing season, finishing 6th due to a

Re: Official Liverpool Thread I'm a complete Suarez convert. Couldn't care less what he's done in the past, or that he may have gone down slightly theatrically in the odd game or two. He absorbs qui

Re: Official Liverpool Thread Just compiled andy carroll's match highlights..

Posted Images

Is that you complaining about refs in consecutive games after having made of Arsenal fans when they did the same in the past' date=' Ray?

Some you get, some you don't.[/quote']

Or in our case you get none....

Arsenal's fans were debating 50/50 calls these werent, and debating a refs decision when you lose 6-3 ain't gonna have a great impact on the game, where as those calls today alter the whole dynamic of the match.

As I say in all my posts we didn't get them and we have to move on, don't change the fact that everybody knows the calls were wrong.

I am more worried about what possible team we can put out on Wed, as well as Allen and Sakho being injured Hendo and Lucas were both limping I really have no idea what team we can field :o

Double standards my friend.

No it aint at all, do you actually ever read what you post.

Just so it is clear IMO it was not a penalty and most people/pundits seem to agree.

IMO Suarez was a clear penalty, he was not looking for it like Hazard he just got taken out for no apparent reason by Eto who was a very lucky boy and again near,y everybody you speak to seems to agree.

Or in our case you get none....

Arsenal's fans were debating 50/50 calls these werent' date=' and debating a refs decision when you lose 6-3 ain't gonna have a great impact on the game, where as those calls today alter the whole dynamic of the match.

As I say in all my posts we didn't get them and we have to move on, don't change the fact that everybody knows the calls were wrong.

I am more worried about what possible team we can put out on Wed, as well as Allen and Sakho being injured Hendo and Lucas were both limping I really have no idea what team we can field :o[/quote']

6-3 was the final score, bad decisions converted into goals are game changing. you said it yourself it's game changing, so how can you state 6-3 because that's the score without the change in the game.

I don't watch all Arsenals games, but yesterday I was angry with Tiote coutinuous fouls and didn't get a card, yet we were getting them. Someone said it goes both ways.. that is not game changing to ask for a yellow, but others are.

Sakho and Allen probably out for more than 4 weeks + Henderson, Johnson & Suarez got knocks in yesterday's game. Flanagan & Enrique injured as well.

Gerrard may be back for the Hull game, Sturridge according to physioroom.com will be back Jan 5th but I'm not sure if that's correct. Getting Sturridge fully fit will be bigger for us than any new signing imo.

Worst case scenario, this is our lineup against Hull:

Mignolet - Kelly, Skrtel, Agger, Cissokho/Smith - Lucas, Alberto, Moses, Coutinho, Sterling - Aspas.

Player for player that's better than what Hull got but considering they've got barely any injuries and they look quite organised when I've seen them play, they will give us a proper test at Anfield. When we lost 3-1 to them, it wasn't just us being bad but they were actually quite good.

Johnson hasn't been good for a long time now, and Skrtel is well and truly back to his absolute worst so come Summer, I think it's safe to say we'll look for a quality RB and a CB assuming we don't get them now in January. If we could buy Fernando and Salah in January that would be very good for us, if we got those 2 + a fullback (Montoya?) we would definitely look like a top 4 team. Whoever we buy we need to get the deals done ASAP.

What we do have going for us is that we only have 2 league games in the next 2 weeks. We have Oldham in the cup on Jan 5th, and we can use the likes of Smith, Aspas, Alberto, Toure, Ilori, maybe Rossiter, Moses & Ibe in that game.

Re: Respuesta: Official Liverpool Thread

Marca revealed that Tello is one step from leaving to Liverpool on a loan.

If there is a buy clause then this is defo a great signing.

http://www.marca.com/2013/12/30/futbol/equipos/barcelona/1388402236.html

Would be an excellent addition if true.

But why would Barca loan him out? Messi is still injured and they dont have the biggest squad around. You would think with Champions League, Copa Del Rey and La Liga that Tello would still be an important squad player for Barca.

For both teams its a great move to see Tello to Liverpool. Liverpool have injuries and Barcelona need to develop him further but he cant do it there right now and there is no better place than EPL.

Fabregas can play false 9 instead of Messi if Martino wants to do that and Iniesta can play as a winger so I dont think they'll miss Tello much.

Just read Suarez may be out for 2-3 weeks' date=' fear for us if this is true. We have to act very quickly this window if we wanna keep up.[/quote']

Nothing wrong with Luis he should be fine, just looked knackered at the end if e Chelsea game, his work rate was phenomenal and considering how they booted him from here to Kingdom come it is a miracle he aint injured.

More positive news is that Gerrard should be avalaible for tomorrow, if not Definetley for Oldham and Sturridge is back in training and is well ahead of schedule he could be back for the Stoke game on the 12th Jan.

They are the only imminent comebacks Flanno, Allen may be three weeks whilst Enrique, Coates, Sakho all more long term.

Nothing wrong with Luis he should be fine' date=' just looked knackered at the end if e Chelsea game, his work rate was phenomenal and considering how they booted him from here to Kingdom come it is a miracle he aint injured.

More positive news is that Gerrard should be avalaible for tomorrow, if not Definetley for Oldham and Sturridge is back in training and is well ahead of schedule he could be back for the Stoke game on the 12th Jan.

They are the only imminent comebacks Flanno, Allen may be three weeks whilst Enrique, Coates, Sakho all more long term.[/quote']

Thought Enrique was the end of Jan? Coates is out for the season, doubt if he comes back that he'll even play any part before being shipped out in summer.

Confirmed #LFC team v @hullcityteam: Mignolet, Johnson, Cissokho, Skrtel, Agger, Lucas, Henderson, Coutinho, Aspas, Sterling, Suarez

Confirmed #LFC subs v @hullcityteam: Jones, Rossiter, Kelly, Toure, Moses, Alberto, Gerrard

Interesting line-up, I wonder what Aspas' role today is, wide or central? Stevie back in the squad, Henderson & Suarez fit enough to start.

Confirmed #LFC team v @hullcityteam: Mignolet' date=' Johnson, Cissokho, Skrtel, Agger, Lucas, Henderson, Coutinho, Aspas, Sterling, Suarez

Confirmed #LFC subs v @hullcityteam: Jones, Rossiter, Kelly, Toure, Moses, Alberto, Gerrard

Interesting line-up, I wonder what Aspas' role today is, wide or central? Stevie back in the squad, Henderson & Suarez fit enough to start.[/quote']

I would imagine Aspas will be wide and Coutinho shifted inside centrally, or at least personally I hope that is the case.

Can see today being a very difficult game TBH, would not be surprised if we did not win. A lot of patched up players, loads of tiredness against a side high on confidence and pretty defensively solid not to mention aerially a big threat which is an area we have struggled with since time began.

Last chance for Aspas you'd imagine with the transfer window now open

Way too soon for that imo' date=' he's only played a handful of games.

I would imagine Aspas will be wide and Coutinho shifted inside centrally, or at least personally I hope that is the case.

Can see today being a very difficult game TBH, would not be surprised if we did not win. A lot of patched up players, loads of tiredness against a side high on confidence and pretty defensively solid not to mention aerially a big threat which is an area we have struggled with since time began.

I personally see Aspas playing up top with Suarez, but we'll see soon. This will definitely be a tough game for us.