• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Synyster

• ray1981

• Vendetta

• koplfc

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Liverpool Thread The end of another season and I just want to lay down some of my ideas, hopes and aspirations for our beloved LFC. It was a disappointing season, finishing 6th due to a

Re: Official Liverpool Thread I'm a complete Suarez convert. Couldn't care less what he's done in the past, or that he may have gone down slightly theatrically in the odd game or two. He absorbs qui

Re: Official Liverpool Thread Just compiled andy carroll's match highlights..

Posted Images

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

Pleased with that. 11 days until the next league game, should be enough for us to sign 1 or 2 players, maybe get Sturridge fit as well.

My one real criticism for Rodgers is his insistence on playing Moses. He's completely pointless and we've got plenty of players who deserve a chance ahead of him.

Can we keep Assaidi :P

Tbf, that would probably be best for all parties.

Don't know why Moses is so terrible' date=' he was a fairly decent player at Wigan. I think the saying goes.. You can't polish a turd, but you can mould one.[/quote']

He was quite good at chelsea too I thought. He just cant be arsed this season, same as johnson

Remember though if you don't score in those 3/4 games you play you have no end product. He would have done a much better job than Moses is doing for us.

Hahah of course. Moses has been poor, dont know how long he'll be with us for

Remember though if you don't score in those 3/4 games you play you have no end product. He would have done a much better job than Moses is doing for us.

Assaidi is not, was not and will never be good enough for Liverpool.

Just because he has scored a couple of goals he is suddenly good enough for us, I don't think so, the same criticisms are still valid.

Moses ain't pulled up any trees but that don't mean we should start looking for a player in Assaidi who has already failed, there is a reason he was shipped out.....that reason is obvious he aint up to the standard required.

Be happy to see him go to Stoke permenantly best all round.

Assaidi is not' date=' was not and will never be good enough for Liverpool.

Just because he has scored a couple of goals he is suddenly good enough for us, I don't think so, the same criticisms are still valid.

Moses ain't pulled up any trees but that don't mean we should start looking for a player in Assaidi who has already failed, there is a reason he was shipped out.....that reason is obvious he aint up to the standard required.

Be happy to see him go to Stoke permenantly best all round.[/quote']

I don't think Assaidi ever got a fair shot only 4 league appearances, would offer us far more than Moses does. Don't think Assaidi has failed, he cost 2 million came in as back up and due to Sterling and Suso breaking through he went down in the pecking order. Think he's proved so far at Stoke that he's at least premier league standard if he keeps going the way he has so far I think he could be a good back-up in attack, it's all about having depth.

We should be looking to replace Moses he's absolutely dreadful.

I don't think Assaidi ever got a fair shot only 4 league appearances' date=' would offer us far more than Moses does. Don't think Assaidi has failed, he cost 2 million came in as back up and due to Sterling and Suso breaking through he went down in the pecking order. Think he's proved so far at Stoke that he's at least premier league standard if he keeps going the way he has so far I think he could be a good back-up in attack, it's all about having depth.

We should be looking to replace Moses he's absolutely dreadful.[/quote']

had this debate loads of times he had numerous appearances in Europe and the cups as well he just aint good enough. He runs up blind alleys, is possibly ne of the least intelligent footballers I have ever seen and his end product is extremely wasteful. Just because he has the odd trick and has scored a couple of goals lately don't qualify him as good enough for a side with serious ambitions.

Just because Moses has been Pap Dont automatically mean that Assaidi is the answer because he ain't.

I highly don't he will play for Liverpool ever again anyway.

What does everyone want our starting 11 to be once everyone is fit?

Its a real tough question for me as I think Suarez and Sturridge have to both play up front however I think we are much better with 3 in CM. I liked the look of Allen, Hendo and Lucas as our 3 CMs as we had so much energy and controlled the midfield much better than when we played with Gerrard and Lucas.

---------Suarez-----Sturridge----------

Coutinho---------------------Henderson

-------Gerrard------Lucas-------------

Enrique----Sakho-----Skrtel----Johnson

------------Mignolet-------------------

I think playing a 4222 like Man City would be good for us. Hendo could play the false winger position and Coutinho could drift in from the left with the majority of our width coming from our fullbacks. However, I do still feel Gerrard and Lucas isnt a great combination so would like us to look towards signing a quality DM or box to box CM. I feel we need a quality LB as well.

My dream signings in January would be Shaw, M'vila/Matic and Rakitic. Realisitcally I would be happy with Fernando Reges and Salah.

Massive links with us to Juan Mata after today. Can't see it happening would be far better suitors than us who he would more likely prefer, would be unbelievable if it did happen Coutinho, Mata, Suarez, Sturridge, Gerrard, Henderson would be a formidable attack but alas that is a dream.

REALISTICALLY could see Fernando and Salah being our two signings, wouldn't mind them, still think we need a left-back but hopefully we can go into February with a fit Sturridge, Enrique, Flanagan, Allen, Gerrard and a couple of signings would see us in good stead with the knowledge Sakho will be back by February's end. Tello would be great on loan if we get Salah as well gives us plenty of attacking options and lessens the need for Moses to play at all.

Strong links with Bertrand as well but meh, don't think he's any better than Cissokho in all honesty and the fact he's English might make it difficult for us to keep the price down.

My one dream signing, last chance for Madrid to cash in on Alonso, links to Chelsea, surely if we went in he'd choose us over anyone else, having depth in that midfield with Alonso would be unbelievable.

Would like to know who stared this rumor.

There is no way you lot will sign Mata nor would he ever go to you lot.

If anything United would be the best fit for him and the team who would have a chance of signing him.

Mata to you lot is almost laughable. smileys-happy-640746.gif

I think the key is that Mourinho will rather sell to Liverpool than United, also perhaps Rodgers factor, they seem to be friend and if Liverpool let Chelsea win 2 league games every season then maybe he'll sell Mata to them.

Liverpool squad is something like Arsenal's last season, very thin and upon injuries is disastrous. Except Arsenal got better pool of youngsters and this season have acquired some solid backup like Flamini and Ozil. Just lacking a good forward to rotate with Giroud.

What we need in the next 2 windows: RB, CB, LB, DM and 1 attacking player for the starting lineup. Other incomings depend on who do we sell.

If anything United would be the best fit for him and the team who would have a chance of signing him.

You're right, Mata is more likely to move to United than to us, Jose wouldn't sell to a team who are competing for the same places as his side.

I think you are right, Liverpool are considered bigger title contenders ahead of Utd after the loss to Spurs :P

What does everyone want our starting 11 to be once everyone is fit?

Its a real tough question for me as I think Suarez and Sturridge have to both play up front however I think we are much better with 3 in CM. I liked the look of Allen' date=' Hendo and Lucas as our 3 CMs as we had so much energy and controlled the midfield much better than when we played with Gerrard and Lucas.

---------Suarez-----Sturridge----------

Coutinho---------------------Henderson

-------Gerrard------Lucas-------------

Enrique----Sakho-----Skrtel----Johnson

------------Mignolet-------------------

I think playing a 4222 like Man City would be good for us. Hendo could play the false winger position and Coutinho could drift in from the left with the majority of our width coming from our fullbacks. However, I do still feel Gerrard and Lucas isnt a great combination so would like us to look towards signing a quality DM or box to box CM. I feel we need a quality LB as well.

My dream signings in January would be Shaw, M'vila/Matic and Rakitic. Realisitcally I would be happy with Fernando Reges and Salah.[/quote']Just swap Gerrard and Henderson, sign some full-backs.

Fernando would be ideal as our much needed DM too.