• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Synyster

• ray1981

• Vendetta

• koplfc

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Liverpool Thread The end of another season and I just want to lay down some of my ideas, hopes and aspirations for our beloved LFC. It was a disappointing season, finishing 6th due to a

Re: Official Liverpool Thread I'm a complete Suarez convert. Couldn't care less what he's done in the past, or that he may have gone down slightly theatrically in the odd game or two. He absorbs qui

Re: Official Liverpool Thread Just compiled andy carroll's match highlights..

Posted Images

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

Impressive from Suarez' date=' all right. Even more impressive Liverpool have a striker that lethal and have contrived to be fourth.[/quote']

I was just thinking it's hard to keep up that form all season.

Someone else has to step up for Liverpool or their league position will be threatened.

I was just thinking it's hard to keep up that form all season.

Someone else has to step up for Liverpool or their league position will be threatened.

The problem is our lack of goals from midfield, hopefully Sturridge can share a burden but players like Hendo, Allen, Coutinho need to add more goals to their game rather than just the odd one or two, Coutinho needs to work on it especially as he proves he has all the skills to get into the goalscoring position himself but can't apply the finish. We also need to work on corners if we learn to defend them we can attack them better we score off the odd one a month but we get 6 or 7 every game and fail with them.

Hopefully Salah can get some if we sign him.

When Suarez was banned, we won 7, drew 2 and lost 1.

We have an alright squad and we would cope without Suarez, like we have. Without Suarez and Sturridge it would be tough but clubs are rarely put into a situation where they've lost their 2 best strikers.

When Suarez was banned' date=' we won 7, drew 2 and lost 1.

We have an alright squad and we would cope without Suarez, like we have. Without Suarez [i']and[/i] Sturridge it would be tough but clubs are rarely put into a situation where they've lost their 2 best strikers.

And if we were to lose our two best strikers..... we have Aspas. :D

Right lets have a stab at the line up for today then, probably get it totally wrong but what the hell. Think Hendo will be given a rest, Johnson picked up a knock and Sterling may also be rested so I personally see a side like this possibly taking to the field.

Mignolet

Kelly

Cissokho

Agger

Toure

Lucas

Gerrard

Luis Albero

Aspas

Moses

Suarez

Right lets have a stab at the line up for today then' date=' probably get it totally wrong but what the hell. Think Hendo will be given a rest, Johnson picked up a knock and Sterling may also be rested so I personally see a side like this possibly taking to the field.

Mignolet

Kelly

Cissokho

Agger

Toure

Lucas

Gerrard

Luis Albero

Aspas

Moses

Suarez[/quote']

Agree with Mignolet in goal, I've never been convinced by Jones.

I would like to see Smith or Ilori in the back four.

Gerrard - Lucas - Alberto has one big problem: there's zero legs in that midfield, but with Allen out and Henderson playing with an injury, we don't have a lot of options. Against Oldham this shouldn't be a problem anyway. I would consider starting Rossiter, alongside Lucas and Gerrard. (Rossiter is rumoured to start today, not sure if it's true.)

I would like to see Aspas playing as a CF but Suarez doesn't need or even benefit from a rest so I can see him starting with Aspas supporting him. First time Moses will be useful is today. A rest would be good for Sterling & Coutinho and seeing as Ibe is injured, I would actually like to see Moses start. The level of the opposition would suit him as well.

I think Rodgers will play with a strong lineup as he normally has in the cups.

Liverpool: Jones, Kelly, Cissokho, Toure, Agger, Gerrard, Henderson, Alberto, Sterling, Moses, Aspas

subs: Mignolet, Brannagan, Skrtel, Coutinho, Suarez, Lucas, Ilori

Rossiter isn't involved, but Brannagan (Manchester-born 17 year-old) makes the bench. I do wonder why Suarez is rested while Henderson isn't, but naturally BR will know their fitness situation better than me.

Bournemouth or Burton away in the 4th round if we go through.

Liverpool: Jones' date=' Kelly, Cissokho, Toure, Agger, Gerrard, Henderson, Alberto, Sterling, Moses, Aspas

subs: Mignolet, Brannagan, Skrtel, Coutinho, Suarez, Lucas, Ilori

Rossiter isn't involved, but Brannagan (Manchester-born 17 year-old) makes the bench. I do wonder why Suarez is rested while Henderson isn't, but naturally BR will know their fitness situation better than me.[/quote']

Our next game is next Sunday. If we had a game midweek then id expect more players to be rested, but I don't think Henderson would actually benefit from being rested. Although I must admit I am very disappointed not to see Smith or Rossiter make the bench at least, means that Coutinho or Lucas are likely to be brought on later in the game for Gerrard.

Anyone have a decent link for the game?

Unfortunately no one is showing it live anywhere in the world, so the best you're going to get is audio. Unless you have a mate at the game with a smartphone that is.

Quite pleased to see a relatively strong team today. I'd like to see us have a good run in the FA Cup this year since the other other commitments we have is the league.

Good chance for Aspas to try and get going as well. Hopefully Sterling and Moses will provide him with some chances. I'd like to get a look at Ilori as well if we are in front.

I'd like to say we were poor in the first half' date=' but I have no idea.[/quote']

My mate is there today and has text saying no tempo, no creativity, comfortable for Oldham Aspas offers nothing.

Dunno how much clearer that makes it for you as like you I can't find a feed anywhere so listening to LFC TV match commentary.