• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Synyster

• ray1981

• Vendetta

• koplfc

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Liverpool Thread The end of another season and I just want to lay down some of my ideas, hopes and aspirations for our beloved LFC. It was a disappointing season, finishing 6th due to a

Re: Official Liverpool Thread I'm a complete Suarez convert. Couldn't care less what he's done in the past, or that he may have gone down slightly theatrically in the odd game or two. He absorbs qui

Re: Official Liverpool Thread Just compiled andy carroll's match highlights..

Posted Images

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

Oh well we are through thatis the main thing Lthough all things considered was not a particuarly good performance by the sounds of it.

hopefully Bournemouth win there tie and that should be a game I will be able to go to and get tickets for. Decent night out in Bournemouth as well having been to a few student parties in my younger days :)

Stoke away next a game that always fills me with dread every year we seem to get more and more appalling in our level of performance when we visit the Britannia. very difficult place to go and win in general for any team in the PL yet alone us and our aerial deficiencies.

They weren't that bad. Moses was awful but we improved when Lucas and Coutinho came on.

Player ratings and tactics here if anyone's interested. Thought i'd post my link seeing as it wasn't on TV it might be useful!

http://www.kopleft.com/2014/01/05/lfc-tactics-player-ratings-liverpool-2-oldham-athletic-0/

I'd have thought tickets for the Bournemouth game would be extra difficult to get? I've no chance of getting away tickets for any game, and even know season ticket holders who are in the same boat.

They weren't that bad. Moses was awful but we improved when Lucas and Coutinho came on.

Player ratings and tactics here if anyone's interested. Thought i'd post my link seeing as it wasn't on TV it might be useful!

http://www.kopleft.com/2014/01/05/lfc-tactics-player-ratings-liverpool-2-oldham-athletic-0/

I'd have thought tickets for the Bournemouth game would be extra difficult to get? I've no chance of getting away tickets for any game' date=' and even know season ticket holders who are in the same boat.[/quote']

Was just going off the commentary as like you say was on TV and my mate who was there said we were pretty poor at least in the first half but improved dramatically when Coutinho arrived in particular.

As for the Bournemouth game I am meaning in the Bournemouth end know a few people down there no chance of me getting tickets in our end unless from a tout as I ain't enrolled in the cup schemes or anything of that ilk and I don't like to line the pockets of touts regardless.

Does anyone know if Brad Smith who was added today is worth buying ? What is his potential ?

He's definitely worth buying. I can't see him getting to 80+ for 6 months or even 12 months, depending if he goes out on loan, but he has great potential. He got his debut mainly because of injuries to other players but he would've been knocking on first team's door soon anyway, we know that for a fact. He's very much a modern fullback in that he's got a lot of pace and he's a threat in the final 3rd.

It seems Fabio Borini is making a good impression on the Sunderland fans. Came across this sunderland forum http://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/borini.859026/page-3

they want him but dont think they'll be able to get him. I'd like him to stay at the club as our 3rd choice CF

Same here. We'll need him when we're in the Europa League next season.

Needs to play as a centre forward' date=' not a wide forward.[/quote']

Blimey score a pen against United and suddenly Itis like he has turned into Messi on this thread. Not good enough and in any side who wants to be a top four side he should not be your third choice striker.

Displayed mediocrity over a long period and hardly pulling up trees at Sunderland has he??

Anyway in other news Xabi Alonso signs a two year contract extension at Madrid so that is the end of the dream for Midnight.

Also Sakho is progressing faster than expected and even an outside bet for Sat possibly although Agger has confirmed his calf has gone and those I juries are usually 4-6 weeks. What God Giveth with one hand he takes away with the other at present :o

According to The Times Rodgers is looking to send Moses back to Chelsea after consistent unimpressive performances.

A late Christmas present if this happens could of given those shots to Ibe probably would of played better.

I would imagine before that has any hope of happening (and whether Chelsea would agree to it is another thing) we would need to get one or actually probably two players to compensate for the lack of an extra body.

Makes me laugh when you hear Chelsea moaning about our treatment if him Yeh done so bad by him gave him a platform to perform and put faith in him but has aged like a drain so it is his own fault.

From what I have seen' date=' Borinis best moments have come from cutting in from the wide?[/quote']

Probably because he usually gets played out wide although he is actually a Natural CF. Maybe he isn't trusted enough to play central by managers but he was awful playing wide for us last season

According to The Times Rodgers is looking to send Moses back to Chelsea after consistent unimpressive performances.

A late Christmas present if this happens could of given those shots to Ibe probably would of played better.

Ibe's been injured hasn't he? Would expect him to be in squads as the season progresses though.

Blimey score a pen against United and suddenly Itis like he has turned into Messi on this thread. Not good enough and in any side who wants to be a top four side he should not be your third choice striker.

Displayed mediocrity over a long period and hardly pulling up trees at Sunderland has he??

Quite the pessimist aren't you?

The fact that this is the first time he's been playing regularly since he came to the premier league without getting injured for 4 or 5 months and he's starting to score goals has people genuinely believing he may come good after all. Besides I don't think being tagged as a 3rd choice striker means anyone thinks he's messi at all.

Seen something that says Zenit are after Salah now and are prepared to bid twice as much as us.

Quite the pessimist aren't you?

The fact that this is the first time he's been playing regularly since he came to the premier league without getting injured for 4 or 5 months and he's starting to score goals has people genuinely believing he may come good after all. Besides I don't think being tagged as a 3rd choice striker means anyone thinks he's messi at all.

Seen something that says Zenit are after Salah now and are prepared to bid twice as much as us.

Starting to score goals? I'm not so sure. He's started eight times in the league this season and has only scored the one goal. On top of that he's scored two in the Carling Cup - with one being a penalty, it really isn't that impressive.

Anyway in other news Xabi Alonso signs a two year contract extension at Madrid so that is the end of the dream for Midnight.

Also Sakho is progressing faster than expected and even an outside bet for Sat possibly although Agger has confirmed his calf has gone and those I juries are usually 4-6 weeks. What God Giveth with one hand he takes away with the other at present :o

I wasn't making out that all of a sudden he's the best player in the world, just that to get the best out of him he needs to play centrally. He played well in the u21 Euros and out of all of his goals from his time in England, they all Ben either from inside the box or just outside through the middle.