• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Synyster

• ray1981

• Vendetta

• koplfc

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Liverpool Thread The end of another season and I just want to lay down some of my ideas, hopes and aspirations for our beloved LFC. It was a disappointing season, finishing 6th due to a

Re: Official Liverpool Thread I'm a complete Suarez convert. Couldn't care less what he's done in the past, or that he may have gone down slightly theatrically in the odd game or two. He absorbs qui

Re: Official Liverpool Thread Just compiled andy carroll's match highlights..

Posted Images

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

Will say the same thing as I did in the summer if he wants to move for a winger then I still think there are other options available.

Shaqiri is the one I said in the summer and I still think he is a good option now, he is rotting away at Bayern and is such a waste of a great talent.

Only started 2 Bundesliga games all season, needs to secure his World Cup slot and needs games.....

If nothing else it could be worth a try. He will be leaving there in the summer regardless I would have thought can't stay at Bayern and rot away as he has been, to good a player to be left in the cold so to speak.

Will say the same thing as I did in the summer if he wants to move for a winger then I still think there are other options available.

Shaqiri is the one I said in the summer and I still think he is a good option now' date=' he is rotting away at Bayern and is such a waste of a great talent.

[b']Only started 2 Bundesliga games all season, needs to secure his World Cup slot and needs games.....

[/b]

If nothing else it could be worth a try. He will be leaving there in the summer regardless I would have thought can't stay at Bayern and rot away as he has been, to good a player to be left in the cold so to speak.

Thats because he been injured for the most of the time.

Thats because he been injured for the most of the time.

Fair enough but he still aint gunna be a first team regular regardless he is a fair way down the pecking order...

Worth a try regardless, top quality options who may be available and I repeat MAY are not in great supply.

I agree with Brendon on one thing if we are gunna bring anybody in we want quality players who can go straight in the side we don't wanna bring in squad players for the sake of it like Aspas and Alberto have turned out to be.

Fair enough but he still aint gunna be a first team regular regardless he is a fair way down the pecking order...

Worth a try regardless' date=' top quality options who may be available and I repeat MAY are not in great supply.

I agree with Brendon on one thing if we are gunna bring anybody in we want quality players who can go straight in the side we don't wanna bring in squad players for the sake of it like Aspas and Alberto have turned out to be.[/quote']

Shaqiri is the future of Bayern.1 moment,since when is Bayern a selling club as half of their team is now linked with english clubs.Do the english media know who Bayern exactly are?Expecting to see Lahm linked with City in next couple of weeks.

EDIT: English or any other club will get players from Munich ONLY if Bayern wants to sell.If they do NOT want to sell,you can search for another target as its pointless to try.They don't want to sell Shaqiri so I'd say to not waste your time :)

Shaqiri is the future of Bayern.1 moment' date='since when is Bayern a selling club as half of their team is now linked with english clubs.Do the english media know who Bayern exactly are?Expecting to see Lahm linked with City in next couple of weeks[/quote']

Players who aren't playing will always be linked away.

It don't matter if people keep calling people the future, how long does somebody have to be the future....the kid will want to play and won't accept being on the periphery indefinetly.

I never said we can definetly get him but it is an option worth exploring at the very least likelihood is it won't work out in the winter especially and it is notoriously hard to do deals in Jan but if you don't try you don't get.

By the way I ain't seen one report linking Bayern players bar Dante and a bit on Mandzukic to any English sides in our press.

Lets face facts when Bayern get a lot of there players back he won't be a first team regular and will be on the periphery of things.

Besides maybe he might wanna try his hand in a competitive league, not a complete walkover league ;)

Shaqiri would be a great signing. Can imagine he would be pretty expensive like.. Would rather we focused on getting a DM and LB though

Well Romulu is the name being banded about all over the place, DM for Spartak Moscow. Although the fact that he has basicAlly been injured for the best par of 12-18 months is hardly confidence inspiring.

Saw him play a couple of times when he was n Brazil but that was 3 odd years ago now I would imagine and hardly enough to have any real knowledge or depth of the player and obviously been a long time since then so no idea how he has progressed (or not) as his injury record might suggest.

But thatis the name doing the rounds now. If I could choose to buy one position (provided we could get genuine quality, I don't just want anybody) it would be FB but where do you get that quality in Jan??

Don't get your hopes up lads. :o

I think you will find that on the transfer front we never get our hopes up to high, to many dissapointments or uninspiring signings to ever get to excited about anything.

Learnt to never count our chickens on any deal until it is actually signed, sealed and delivered.

Isn't it fun when vultures are around your players?

With all due respect, I wouldn't really describe Liverpool as vulture who is going to steal our players. That would only fit if they were the bigger better richer club.

I think they'd be well advised to look a bit further down the Bundesliga table though. Some good talent to be had there for little money.

With all due respect' date=' I wouldn't really describe Liverpool as vulture who is going to steal our players. That would only fit if they were the bigger better richer club.

I think they'd be well advised to look a bit further down the Bundesliga table though. Some good talent to be had there for little money.[/quote']

I meant the forumers here all over your talent :P

Well Romulu is the name being banded about all over the place' date=' DM for Spartak Moscow. Although the fact that he has basicAlly been injured for the best par of 12-18 months is hardly confidence inspiring.

Saw him play a couple of times when he was n Brazil but that was 3 odd years ago now I would imagine and hardly enough to have any real knowledge or depth of the player and obviously been a long time since then so no idea how he has progressed (or not) as his injury record might suggest.

But thatis the name doing the rounds now. If I could choose to buy one position (provided we could get genuine quality, I don't just want anybody) it would be FB but where do you get that quality in Jan??[/quote']

Heard the romulo rumours also. Was a tidy player before his injury but I wouldn't really fancy us going for him after such an injury unless we can get him cheap. There are FBs out there available at under 20 mil such as Rodriguez and Alberto Moreno. They'd improve our side definitely. We won't get anyone though most likely which is a shame. This is our biggest opportunity to get back into the top 4. It'll be much harder next year and Suarez will be gone. We should be really going for it but we aren't which is a massive shame. It seems we're hoping for a bit of luck when really we shouldn't be relying on our players avoiding injury

Don't get your hopes up lads. :o

As Ray said, we never do. He'd be a great signing and there could be some logic in him joining us but it won't happen and I'm sure we all know it.

Well Romulu is the name being banded about all over the place' date=' DM for Spartak Moscow. Although the fact that he has basicAlly been injured for the best par of 12-18 months is hardly confidence inspiring.

But thatis the name doing the rounds now. If I could choose to buy one position (provided we could get genuine quality, I don't just want anybody) it would be FB but where do you get that quality in Jan??[/quote']

dunno where it came from but i wouldnt touch him. been out for a looooong time injured, had surgery, plus he is supposedly homesick.

Came across a twitter conversation with another Vasco player a while back saying he was more interested in going back to Vasco to help them out in 2014.

With all due respect' date=' I wouldn't really describe Liverpool as vulture who is going to steal our players. That would only fit if they were the bigger better richer club.

I think they'd be well advised to look a bit further down the Bundesliga table though. Some good talent to be had there for little money.[/quote']Firmino or Volland....

Here's a bit I did on Romulo http://www.beyondthekop.com/4/post/2014/01/romulo-spartak-moscow.html

It's been confirmed that Allen is injured. This is a disaster.

We are so short of players it's unreal. Alberto will have to start tomorrow. I'd be surprised if we don't lose. If we didn't need M'Vila before we certainly do now.

Nice article Jim. Looks a good player but if we are going for him then it shows real desperation considering his injury

I would have started Alberto tomorrow anyway, but alongside Allen, giving Henderson a rest seeing as he did the running for four people last week.

Now we'll need Henderson in that midfield, and if not Gerrard then who else? Coutinho as a proper no. 10 with both Henderson and Alberto deeper? Or will Rossiter get a game?

I would have started Alberto tomorrow anyway' date=' but alongside Allen, giving Henderson a rest seeing as he did the running for four people last week.

Now we'll need Henderson in that midfield, and if not Gerrard then who else? Coutinho as a proper no. 10 with both Henderson and Alberto deeper? Or will Rossiter get a game?[/quote']

Rossiter shouldn't be starting, no way. I think with no DM we need to play 3 CMs even against championship opposition. I think coutinho needs a rest, wouldn't be playing him ideally. I'd go 433 with hendo Gerrard and Alberto in the middle. I think Alberto can play deep. Ideally I'd be resting most of our players but I don't think we can afford to.

Amidst all this transfer nonsense, there's actual football today. Despite our massive injury problems and the most important game of the season only 3 days later, we'll probably name a pretty strong side.

Personally, I would go with:

Jones

Kelly/Flanno- Skrtel - Toure - Smith

Rossiter - Henderson - Alberto

Moses - Aspas - Ibe

Ideally we would have another CM in our squad so that Rossiter wouldn't start. I don't want Gerrard to start this one, and I'd like Henderson to be rested as well but there's no chance for that with the injuries we have.

I reeeally hope Sturridge doesn't start. Too risky.

Looks like what I want isn't going to happen at all:

SteveHothersall ‏@stevehothersall 21m

BR to put out Strong side vs Bournemouth.

SteveHothersall ‏@stevehothersall 7m

Allen not travelled, Kelly starts right back. SAS from the start