• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Synyster

• ray1981

• Vendetta

• koplfc

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Liverpool Thread The end of another season and I just want to lay down some of my ideas, hopes and aspirations for our beloved LFC. It was a disappointing season, finishing 6th due to a

Re: Official Liverpool Thread I'm a complete Suarez convert. Couldn't care less what he's done in the past, or that he may have gone down slightly theatrically in the odd game or two. He absorbs qui

Re: Official Liverpool Thread Just compiled andy carroll's match highlights..

Posted Images

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

Strong statement of intent from Rodgers though. Good to see a top team taking the cup seriously for a change

Most top teams take it seriously, i don't know why you're saying that. It went through a slight dip a few years ago but teams have reverted back to near full strength. Arsenal had Mertesacker, Koscielny, Gibbs, Wilshere, Ozil and Podolski all starting against a League One team.

Most top teams take it seriously' date=' i don't know why you're saying that. It went through a slight dip a few years ago but teams have reverted back to near full strength. Arsenal had Mertesacker, Koscielny, Gibbs, Wilshere, Ozil and Podolski all starting against a League One team.[/quote']

In fairness, Arsenal have been one of the main culprits for playing kids in cup competitions

I was there when victor Moses scored, I was there when Victor Moses scored!! :P

Good result yesterday, withstood the expected early onslaught stuck in there and the greater quality eventually started to show. Credit to Bournemouth they gave it a real go and caused us some real problems at times.

No real problem for me with the team selection basically because we ain't really got the options to change it with the crippling injury list at present. Apart from next week we play every seven days so they should be able to manage with no problems in terms of tiredness etc should not really be a factor.

Not to mention the fact I would actually rather like to win the competition and we should be taking it seriously, trophies are what everybody lives for and this is a good opportunity.

Thought Skrtel deserves a shout was top class in defence and showed immense bravery to carry on when he split his head open. Brad Jones gave me the jitters though all game totally unconvincing.

Good win look forward to the draw hopefully a home game whoever we get would be fine by me.

*Draws Man City*

Not fussed, we can beat City, we can beat anybody the team I would most like to avoid would not be City anyhow.

When you get to this stage I think a home draw is all you can really ask for, if we draw a Sheffield Wed or whatever great but if you are gunna win the competition you are gunna have to beat some of the big boys along the way.

Wouldnt be suprised tbh. Jesus :rolleyes:

Jesus

How much will he cost??

Five loaves and a couple of fish??

IN all seriousness never heard of Gomez(doubt anybody but a very few people would even know who he is), heard of Niguez he is supposedly quite a talent but you do wonder if that is the case why Madrid would be prepared to let him leave??

Either way they both sound like typical signings for us, young, unheralded and unproven which seems to be the way we tend to go about our transfer policy nowadays.

Not sure either would qualify under Brendon's talk that we want first team players not squad players, not the kinda names you would think would go straight into the first team.

The proposed price for either seems ridiculous as well based on a few appearances of first team football.

I was there when victor Moses scored' date=' I was there when Victor Moses scored!! :P

Good result yesterday, withstood the expected early onslaught stuck in there and the greater quality eventually started to show. Credit to Bournemouth they gave it a real go and caused us some real problems at times.

No real problem for me with the team selection basically because we ain't really got the options to change it with the crippling injury list at present. Apart from next week we play every seven days so they should be able to manage with no problems in terms of tiredness etc should not really be a factor.

Not to mention the fact I would actually rather like to win the competition and we should be taking it seriously, trophies are what everybody lives for and this is a good opportunity.

Thought Skrtel deserves a shout was top class in defence and showed immense bravery to carry on when he split his head open. Brad Jones gave me the jitters though all game totally unconvincing.

Good win look forward to the draw hopefully a home game whoever we get would be fine by me.[/quote']Alberto and Aspas are the options and were signed to be just that, yet still don't get played.

Happy with the result and most of the performances yesterday, but we'll see on Tuesday how good a decision it was to play this team.

Qualify for the Champions League and then you can build a squad of players to challenge seriously in cups and the league and not worry about choosing one or the other.

It's great to progress in the cup, but this could be the best chance we have to qualify for the CL in years, and in the future Man United will bounce back as we've started to see already in this transfer window.