• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Synyster

• ray1981

• Vendetta

• koplfc

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Liverpool Thread The end of another season and I just want to lay down some of my ideas, hopes and aspirations for our beloved LFC. It was a disappointing season, finishing 6th due to a

Re: Official Liverpool Thread I'm a complete Suarez convert. Couldn't care less what he's done in the past, or that he may have gone down slightly theatrically in the odd game or two. He absorbs qui

Re: Official Liverpool Thread Just compiled andy carroll's match highlights..

Posted Images

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

He hasn't been back from injury that long and you have a pretty busy schedule' date=' why risk him picking up a knock and missing important games to come?

Great decision to bring him off.[/quote']

Good strikers have that streak in them. Would have done the same as him in that position. Gary Lineker summed it up best on twitter can't post it because I'm on my phone.

Good strikers have that streak in them. Would have done the same as him in that position. Gary Lineker summed it up best on twitter can't post it because I'm on my phone.

Sturridge is an idiot if he doesn't understand that keeping him fit is more important than getting his name on the back pages of tomorrows papers.

Yeh ok :rolleyes:

The fact Suarez continues to make your rambles about him not being a goal scorer not enough for you' date=' you have been proven wrong time and time again, but continue to fight your own battle everybody knows on that issue you are talking nonsense.

[/quote']

On the contrary, I very much admire Suarez as an outstanding player and top goalscorer now he has proven it on a regular basis on the PL.

However the question was who was better: Torres in his prime or Suarez now(?), and I made an entirely valid point that as Torres was consistently scoring in the CL whilst also the PL, that he edges it for me - no need to get your knickers in a twist;):P

On the contrary' date=' I very much admire Suarez as an outstanding player and top goalscorer now he has proven it on a regular basis on the PL.

However the question was who was better: Torres in his prime or Suarez now(?), and I made an entirely valid point that as Torres was consistently scoring in the CL whilst also the PL, that he edges it for me - no need to get your knickers in a twist;):P[/quote']

Torres was a great goal scorer, at his peak could say the best in the world, but Suarez is on another level now. Offers more to us with his game, off the ball, creativity, at times he can win games on his own.

Torres wasnt like that, needed the supporting cast.

Both fabulous players though, its kind of tragic Torres of old has never re emerged. Maybe get him back here, let BR put an arm round him, who knows... seemed to work with Sturridge!

Has that performance maybe lifted the mood a tad on here? If not I'm not sure if anything will. Absolutely brilliant performance from start to finish and it's great to see Sturridge and Suarez scoring again.

Gerrard looked a lot better in that deeper role, rarely gave the ball away, made a lot of good tackles/blocks and a lot of nice passes. Hopefully he'll be able to keep improving there as it seems that's where Rodgers wants to keep him. Everyone was impressive tonight really, Coutinho was more like himself, Sterling was causing all sorts of problems for the Everton defence and Flanagan had a really solid game at right back. I'm beginning to think he could be the long term replacement for Johnson.

Regarding the one or two little incidents. Gerrard should have taken the penalty. I don't care if Sturridge is on a hat trick or not, the team comes first. If it isn't broken don't fix it. Also, Brendan was spot on in taking Sturridge off when he did. He was starting to get too greedy and wasn't playing for the team anymore. Besides, he'd already had a couple of chances (including the penalty) to get his hat trick so he can have no complaints. I thought his attitude was quite poor in all honesty. Hopefully Rodgers will have a word with him.

Overall, I'm delighted. Said before kick off that anything less than three points would have been disappointing and I'm glad that wasn't the case.

Has that performance maybe lifted the mood a tad on here? If not I'm not sure if anything will. Absolutely brilliant performance from start to finish and it's great to see Sturridge and Suarez scoring again.

Gerrard looked a lot better in that deeper role' date=' rarely gave the ball away, made a lot of good tackles/blocks and a lot of nice passes. Hopefully he'll be able to keep improving there as it seems that's where Rodgers wants to keep him. Everyone was impressive tonight really, Coutinho was more like himself, Sterling was causing all sorts of problems for the Everton defence and Flanagan had a really solid game at right back. I'm beginning to think he could be the long term replacement for Johnson.

Regarding the one or two little incidents. Gerrard should have taken the penalty. I don't care if Sturridge is on a hat trick or not, the team comes first. If it isn't broken don't fix it. Also, Brendan was spot on in taking Sturridge off when he did. He was starting to get too greedy and wasn't playing for the team anymore. Besides, he'd already had a couple of chances (including the penalty) to get his hat trick so he can have no complaints. I thought his attitude was quite poor in all honesty. Hopefully Rodgers will have a word with him.

Overall, I'm delighted. Said before kick off that anything less than three points would have been disappointing and I'm glad that wasn't the case.[/quote']

Gerrard told him to take the penalty so he could get a hat-trick, then Sturridge apologised in the post match interview for his greed at the end and his strop when he got subbed. So fair play.

Gerrard told him to take the penalty so he could get a hat-trick' date=' then Sturridge apologised in the post match interview for his greed at the end and his strop when he got subbed. So fair play.[/quote']

Yeah I wasn't pinning the blame on Sturridge for taking the penalty. Just saying that Gerrard should have taken it as always.

Wasnt sure what to think before the game. We had loads of injuries but so did they. I would have been okay with a point but my God what a win! Excellent performances all round, the 1-2 in midfield was key as well as the pressing. Its no coincidence that when we play 1-2 and press we do fantastic. Get in

Linekar said something about being "bullied" into passing.

Not watched the game back yet, but from where I was it looked like both Coutinho and Suarez were in better positions.

He'd been moping around ever since the penalty miss, and he should be sensible enough himself to know it was the right decision to bring him off.