• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Synyster

• ray1981

• Vendetta

• koplfc

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Liverpool Thread The end of another season and I just want to lay down some of my ideas, hopes and aspirations for our beloved LFC. It was a disappointing season, finishing 6th due to a

Re: Official Liverpool Thread I'm a complete Suarez convert. Couldn't care less what he's done in the past, or that he may have gone down slightly theatrically in the odd game or two. He absorbs qui

Re: Official Liverpool Thread Just compiled andy carroll's match highlights..

Posted Images

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

Apparently according to The Times Tottenham have come in far too late for Konoplyanka with the Ukrainian much favouring a move to Liverpool. Ian Ayre and Dave Fallows were in Ukraine today and is hoping to bring Konoplyanka back on Thursday for a medical. No reports from Ukraine state that PSG have showed any sort of interest and the deal is believed to be Liverpools to close :o with only rivals being Spurs.

Gonna be very interesting and I really hope we don't mess this one up for once. For the first time I feel we are in a much better position than Spurs to attract a player.

Really can't see why anyone would choose Spurs over us at the minute. They're hardly going to offer 25-40k a week more than us, and even the London factor shouldn't be enough for Spurs to get him over us.

Did Sergi Canos ever end up joining us last window?

Yeah, he's been playing for the u18s.

Konoplyanka's agent has said himself there is interested from another unnamed english club which isn't Liverpool, and rumor is that it's Arsenal.

Yeah been playing in your u16 & u18 teams.
Really can't see why anyone would choose Spurs over us at the minute. They're hardly going to offer 25-40k a week more than us' date=' and even the London factor shouldn't be enough for Spurs to get him over us.

Yeah, he's been playing for the u18s.[/quote']

Cheers. How's he been doing?

It has to be said that Rodgers doesn't get enough credit for a number of things. For a manager who ideally would like his side to completely dominate the possession, it's pretty impressive to win a game 4-0 with 39% possession.

Cheers. How's he been doing?

I've only seen him once, and he didn't impress in that particular game. I don't know how he's been in general. One player I've been very impressed by is Ryan Kent, but I haven't seen the u18s as often as I would have liked this season.

I personally don't understand that criticism of Ayre and Liverpool as a whole for certain deals during the transfer window. Liverpool aren't realistically going to compete with clubs like Chelsea financially, and there isn't really anything Ayre could have done to prevent Salah from going there. Liverpool are naturally going to miss out on players when they are trying to bring in the brightest players from Europe, and players that are naturally going to have been looked at by several clubs currently playing in Europe.

Liverpool's transfer policy shouldn't be based on the players that they miss out on, however frustrating it may be to miss out to the same clubs time and time again. Liverpool should be judged on the players that they manage to sign, and the deals for the likes of Sturridge and Coutinho have been very good and have helped rebuild Liverpool to a side that can compete for a Champions League place.

Personally I don't think Liverpool need anyone in January to get a top four finish.

I personally don't understand that criticism of Ayre and Liverpool as a whole for certain deals during the transfer window. Liverpool aren't realistically going to compete with clubs like Chelsea financially' date=' and there isn't really anything Ayre could have done to prevent Salah from going there. Liverpool are naturally going to miss out on players when they are trying to bring in the brightest players from Europe, and players that are naturally going to have been looked at by several clubs currently playing in Europe.

Liverpool's transfer policy shouldn't be based on the players that they miss out on, however frustrating it may be to miss out to the same clubs time and time again. Liverpool should be judged on the players that they manage to sign, and the deals for the likes of Sturridge and Coutinho have been very good and have helped rebuild Liverpool to a side that can compete for a Champions League place.

Personally I don't think Liverpool need anyone in January to get a top four finish.[/quote']

We wouldn't have to have competed with anyone for Salah if Ayre didn't drag the whole thing on for 3 weeks because he was trying to get a better price. Would've been done dusted weeks before Chelsea sold Mata to United and even considered going for him if he just payed them 11m, something we were clearly in a position to pay if we are going to be bidding 15m+ on Konoplyanka.

We wouldn't have to have competed with anyone for Salah if Ayre didn't drag the whole thing on for 3 weeks because he was trying to get a better price. Would've been done dusted weeks before Chelsea sold Mata to United and even considered going for him if he just payed them 11m' date=' something we were clearly in a position to pay if we are going to be bidding 15m+ on Konoplyanka.[/quote']

We had a valuation of the player set by the committee. We weren't willing to go over that valuation. Simple. Wasn't about lack of funds or anything, we didn't want to pay over the odds

We had a valuation of the player set by the committee. We weren't willing to go over that valuation. Simple. Wasn't about lack of funds or anything' date=' we didn't want to pay over the odds[/quote']

This is like I said a couple of pages back, I don't know why people have it in for Ayre he only goes and negotiates after being told what he can and cannot do by the board, very simplistic to think It is his fault exclusively.

He goes in with a budget for transfer fee, wages etc he will revert back to the committee, board and they will tell him what he can and cannot offer.

Remember FSG runs the purse strings, not Ian Ayre.

Just a funny video I thought!

I just think we need one or two players to continue to compete. You have to keep moving forward to keep the challenge alive, if you stall you fall behind.

Is it a refusal to pay or an inability to get deals done? Is it worth a couple of million to have less chance of finishing outside the top 4, but get better players for more reasonable prices in the summer?

I think we have a chance to finish top 4 with this squad, but I think we'll have a much better chance with a stronger squad (seems silly to say it!). We're obviously weak in some areas of the XI, and lack quality depth in others.

Would be good to address the quality depth or the weakness in first XI now.

Yeah I just found the video funny, I have nothing against Ian Ayre.

He can only offer / deal with what the owners have given him, it was not that long ago we was all going mental because Comoli went crazy with funds without restrictions, I'm not surprised after that fiasco that FSG have put such restrictions in place.

I also agree with Swanseajack, I don't think we are desperate for players to finish in the top 4, we are already good enough to finish there IF we play to our max level for at least 90% of our remaining games.

If we turn up like we do sometimes without the effort levels & pressing, then we would lose with OR without new signings.

Most fans seem to have a short memory now a days, I can't believe some of the stick the manager and LFC in general get from some of its 'fans' , we have played some great stuff this season and been treated to some great performances, Currently Rodgers is doing a GREAT job even if we don't finish in the top 4.

Everything seems to be so negative all the time, even Chelsea fans don't seem to turn on the players / managers like some of ours do now when they slip up, what the ....... has happened!!

Pretty awesome result for us the othernight cant fault it, were breaking stats left right n center these days.

Hoping we can indeed finally get an additional player in just to sure up our squad but i fear were looking at the wrong position, as most have said Cissohko should be sent back but with the injury crisis surely we need to be looking at a wingback.

Santon would be my choice but they're not gonna let him go anytime soon. I hear M'villa's name been banded about again soon as much as i like him we'd have to overpay to get him i fear

^^ Agree with that. Some people forget that the only reason we're in this position to have high ambition at then moment, is because of how well the manager and the majority of the players have been doing so far.

At the game against Villa some guy sat a few seats down from me was chatting to his mate "Do you believe in Rodgers? I don't!" As if our manager is some sort of apparition.

What I don't want us to do is rest on this and think we don't need to improve, and there are players available.

At work so very short message before I get fired :P

Tony Barratt is reporting we have agreed a 13M deal for M'Villa

Only seen a tweet have to do your own research to find out more.

If true MR E will be wetting himself with excitement ;)

Read a few reports on a last ditch bid - a revived M'Vila would be brilliant to see in the Prem.

Fake account, wasn't actually Barrett.

I would have been if it wasn't someone being a Richard :(:(:(:mad::o:p

Konoplyanka will do although m'vila would have been nice. Surprised we aren't in for Fernando reges tbh.