Official Liverpool Thread

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

Safe to say somebody really does need sacking, Ayre seems to be getting most of the blame. We miss out on far too many players for it just to be a coincidence, it's actually beginning to get embarrassing and it's 2-3 deals every single transfer window.. Willian, Dempsey, Sigurdsson, Salah, Mkhitaryan, Costa and now Kono.. probably a few more im forgetting about too.

• Replies 39k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Synyster

• ray1981

• Vendetta

• koplfc

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Liverpool Thread The end of another season and I just want to lay down some of my ideas, hopes and aspirations for our beloved LFC. It was a disappointing season, finishing 6th due to a

Re: Official Liverpool Thread I'm a complete Suarez convert. Couldn't care less what he's done in the past, or that he may have gone down slightly theatrically in the odd game or two. He absorbs qui

Re: Official Liverpool Thread Just compiled andy carroll's match highlights..

Posted Images

Safe to say somebody really does need sacking' date=' Ayre seems to be getting most of the blame. We miss out on far too many players for it just to be a coincidence, it's actually beginning to get embarrassing and it's 2-3 deals every single transfer window.. Willian, Dempsey, Sigurdsson, Salah, Mkhitaryan, Costa and now Kono.. probably a few more im forgetting about too.[/quote']

Of course its frustrating to miss out on a player who has been heavily linked for so long, but out of the players you mentioned, the only one that has come back to bite us is Willian, who has adapted really well to the Premier League at Chelsea. Dempsey showed at Spurs that he only looked good because he was at Fulham surrounded by mediocre players. Sigurdsson has failed to live up to the price tag asked for after his loan spell at Swansea (which was only a six month loan, another player who 'shone' after six months in the Premier League was one Andy Carroll.) Salah we've yet to see how he adapts to the Premier League (that's if he gets games at Chelsea), Mkhitaryan I cant have an opinion on as I dont watch the Bundesliga and Costa would have effectively been a swap for Suarez, and would you swap Suarez for Costa? I wouldnt.

Of course its frustrating to miss out on a player who has been heavily linked for so long' date=' but out of the players you mentioned, the only one that has come back to bite us is Willian, who has adapted really well to the Premier League at Chelsea. Dempsey showed at Spurs that he only looked good because he was at Fulham surrounded by mediocre players. Sigurdsson has failed to live up to the price tag asked for after his loan spell at Swansea (which was only a six month loan, another player who 'shone' after six months in the Premier League was one Andy Carroll.) Salah we've yet to see how he adapts to the Premier League (that's if he gets games at Chelsea), Mkhitaryan I cant have an opinion on as I dont watch the Bundesliga and Costa would have effectively been a swap for Suarez, and would you swap Suarez for Costa? I wouldnt.[/quote']

Consider yourself lucky because you haven't signed Mkhitaryan.So far,bar a couple of games,he's been dreadful.

EDIT: THough,its not because he isn't a good player because he clearly is.Probably becuase his mentality.He didn't settled well,had some problem with injuries after he started well and that probably affected him.

Fire him!

haha sucks for a few people now as they can't rant about LFC ;)

Seriously tho guys, we just smashed Everton , we are doing well and we didn't really need another winger, why such negativity?

At some point you have to just be happy with the direction the club is going in, stop ranting and moaning about everything and just enjoy the bloody season.

Wasn't that long ago we had Hodgson in charge, was closer to relegation than the CL, had players like Konchesky and Polsen and had horrific owners, are people seriously not going to be happy unless we are just signing loads of players, only in the CL and competing for the title? really?

Regardless, the window is closed now, lets just get behind the team and enjoy the rest of the season :)

haha sucks for a few people now as they can't rant about LFC ;)

Seriously tho guys' date=' we just smashed Everton , we are doing well and we didn't really need another winger, why such negativity?

At some point you have to just be happy with the direction the club is going in, stop ranting and moaning about everything and just enjoy the bloody season.

Wasn't that long ago we had Hodgson in charge, was closer to relegation than the CL, had players like Konchesky and Polsen and had horrific owners, are people seriously not going to be happy unless we are just signing loads of players, only in the CL and competing for the title? really?

Regardless, the window is closed now, lets just get behind the team and enjoy the rest of the season :)[/quote']

Exactly.

I don't know how many people use Twitter, but yesterday #WengerOut was trending, after Arsene Wenger said that they weren't looking to sign Draxler. This is the same Arsene Wenger who has kept Arsenal in the top two moreorless all season long, signed Ozil, and built a great team, albeit a bit thin in some areas. The same applies here, except people are calling for Ian Ayre's head. The same Ian Ayre who kept Suarez at the club this summer, and helped secure the transfers of Coutinho and Suarez.

Maybe we'll go back in for Konoplyanka in the summer, maybe we won't, its no big deal. What's important is that the team maintains the good run that they're on. Any other season 22 points out of 30 would be title/runner up form, but Man City, Chelsea and Arsenal have raised the bar.

If our excuse is true then we have every right to take Dnipro to UEFA as it is illegal if we meet the release clause and agree terms.

But we won't take them to UEFA

Because we are clearly saving face and diverting blame. They knew that deal wasn't going through, they just so happened to publish an article from Rodgers about his confidence in his current squad about 5 minutes after the deal collapsed :rolleyes:

It's not just the missing out of a quality player Neller it's the fact that we've yet again failed to sign somebody, our team is paper thin and we are showing no ambition whatsoever. Losing all these deals is building up can't keep shrugging them off, we've missed out on some quality players and we've failed on more than 5 players and it's building and building.

Pretty strange to compare it to #WengerOut, Ayre has done ziltch for the team, managed to get some company deals but that money hasn't benefited the team. Ayre has done nothing but mess up deals when it comes to the team.

Oh it's also coincidence that the story came out a few minutes after #AyreOut was the biggest trend in the UK. :rolleyes:

I echo what Neller has said. Let's be positive. The club has tried as best as they could with Kono this term. If you think the club trying to divert the blame to Dnipro president,then so be it. I don't think the club try to do that but people always try to be negative if Liverpool can't finalize a transfer.

Kono is a good player and would have been nice addition,but not getting him isn't the end of the world and certainly not the end to our 4th place target. Sterling has been fairly consistent this season and we can't play Kono,Coutinho,Sterling,Sturridge and Suarez all in once anyway. It just means Moses,Alberto,Aspas and Ibe need to step up and be a good impact sub that we desperately need

The thing that annoys me the most is the fact that finishing in the top 4 is completely in our own hands but by not signing anyone at all we have taken a massive risk. If we don't get top 4 then it is completely the clubs fault which is sickening. Fair enough if the other teams are better, I get that and at the start of the season I knew it wasn't in our own hands per say as we had weaker players but the fact is we have a massive opportunity to get top 4 and if we don't we have no one else to blame apart from ourselves which is so frustrating. We had the chance to almost ensure top 4 and keep Suarez. Now it isn't so certain.

What we need is for our players to continue playing well, hope we don't get an injury to an attacker and pray for a bit of luck. We can still make it. We are a good side. But it's certainly going to be a lot more tense than it should have been considering the position we find ourselves in.

Looking on the bright side fellas, as the Liverpool facebook page has cheerfully pointed out shortly after us failing on signing Konoplyanka, theoretically we are 9 wins away from making top 4. That would have us on 73 points, a total that has never failed to deliver champions league football in the past. That would also have our point average UNDER two a game, which means if we can keep two points a game we should end up coming 4th comfortably if not 3rd.

Some of the reaction is OTT hysterical.

It didn't happen, dealing for players in that side of Europe is notoriously difficult what with various factors and at the end of the day if the Dnipro owner (who ain't short of a bob or two) wont authorise a sale there is little we can do.

No doubt Ian Ayre will get it with both barrels but as explained before all he will do is go out and offer what he is told he can offer from those above, not rocket science really. Very simplistic to say it is all his fault.

It ain't just a transfer fee, there is wages, how the fee is payed, agents involved it can be a complicated process.

The squad we have has got us not this position and are capable of carrying on, they have done really well for 23 games and we have to back them to carry this forward. I don't think signing Konaplyanka is gonna be the telling difference if we finish fourth or not, yes it would strengthen the squad but would he start in the side that is debatable.

We have players out who will return soonish such as Allen, Sakho, Agger etc and we will be a lot stronger for it.

We will always score goals whether we finish fourth or not depends for me on how we defend and address those issues more than anything else.

Big game tomorrow we win that and this will all be quickly forgotten.

Big game tomorrow we win that and this will all be quickly forgotten.
Sometimes that's the problem. People forget about what we get wrong after a win, just as people go over the top forgetting what we get right after a defeat or bad performance.

There's a balance somewhere, but the failure to get any deals done, or strengthen weak areas in this transfer window has to be seen as a problem.

I think we can still finish top four, but it would have helped us do so had we signed a player or two in this window.

This season is a chance like no other in the recent past, and likely to be the best chance in the near future.

Finish top four and we can really kick on in seasons to come.

Disappointing but I don't see why people are moaning so much. We're 4th in the league with the squad we currently have. We also haven't had a fully fit first 11 all season, and we're still there. I mean we're only 7 points off top. Even though Konoplyanka would of been a great addition imo, and there will definitely be competition if we go back in the summer, I don't believe he would of contributed to our CL push that much. People also seem to forget that we still have Sakho, Agger, Enrique, Johnson, Lucas and Allen to come back as well. Next season we'll also have Borini, Suso, Assaidi(?), Wisdom, McLaughlin in the squad as well, for a price of £0.

I'm not a fan of the man, who is? But you can't really blame Ayre for this one either. If the owner of Dnipro didn't want to sign the papers there was nothing we could of done. However, if the reports are to be believed that we met the release clause, signed a contract and done a medical, surely it is illegal to refuse to sign at that point? I wonder if we will take the matter to that sporting court or whatever it is. Konoplyankla must be gutted as well.

Another thing is our direct rivals haven't really strenghtened too much imo. Spurs done nothing. Traore and McGeady are hardly special, and I thought Lacina was awful against us in the Europa League. Mata is a brilliant signing and will pick up United more points, but he's not the centre midfielder that they need to go on a big win streak imo.

4th is in our hands. And we'll get it imo.

I'm a bit more optimistic about today's game than I normally am about a trip to The Hawthorns. They've got a new manager and apparently he likes to play a high(ish) defense line and that will suit us perfectly. Even if they won't play that high, they're still not going to park the bus at their home ground, and we're so deadly in counter-attacks that we should be strong favourites for this one. Has to be the same team that played Everton.

After seeing yesterday's results, a win today seems almost too good to be true. The last time something seemed too good to be true was when we were about to buy a genuinely great player just days after beating Everton 4-0 and look how that turned out:o