Official Liverpool Thread

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

Arsenal will finish in the top three yet alone top four, they got destroyed today but one defeat won't shape everything.

We were sensational they should not be to downhearted better teams than Arsenal would have got a thumping today.

Write a more in depth look at the game and our status later. :)

• Replies 39k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Synyster

• ray1981

• Vendetta

• koplfc

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Liverpool Thread The end of another season and I just want to lay down some of my ideas, hopes and aspirations for our beloved LFC. It was a disappointing season, finishing 6th due to a

Re: Official Liverpool Thread I'm a complete Suarez convert. Couldn't care less what he's done in the past, or that he may have gone down slightly theatrically in the odd game or two. He absorbs qui

Re: Official Liverpool Thread Just compiled andy carroll's match highlights..

Posted Images

I don't really like seeing Liverpool win but seeing Arsenal getting thumped like that made it bearable.

After a lot of fans turned on Sterling I'm glad he's proving them wrong - for me England's stand out winger at the moment.

Sterling has been brilliant the last three months since getting back in the side. I am sure if he had a foreign sounding name people would be going mad about him.

The reality is he has been exceptional the past months and has improved leaps and bounds and is now a really clever intelligent player.

Without doubt if they were picking the squad for the World Cup tomorrow he would be the first winger on the plane for me.

What's up with Fernandinho anyway? How longs he out?

Injured in training. Out for a few weeks.

Agree here' date=' more than capable up front its that midfield catalyst in Fernandinho they are missing. Who would of thought he was so important?[/quote']

Anyone who watches full games rather than highlights ;) Seriously, the only reason Yaya has looked so good this season is his free kick taking and Fernandinho being utterly superb next to him. Does all the mopping up that Barry did, with the desire to win the ball of De Jong, with the dynamism of Yaya (albeit, not quite on that last one). It's like having 2 or 3 players in one and it would be bizarre if he was left out of Brazil's world cup squad. Many many times better than Paulinho.

Arsenal missing out on the top 4 is an interesting one. They might only be 7 points ahead of 4th at the end of the weekend and their upcoming fixtures are horrible. Would be very surprised if they did fall that far, but it isn't impossible.

Injured in training. Out for a few weeks.

Anyone who watches full games rather than highlights ;) Seriously' date=' the only reason Yaya has looked so good this season is his free kick taking and Fernandinho being utterly superb next to him. Does all the mopping up that Barry did, with the desire to win the ball of De Jong, with the dynamism of Yaya (albeit, not quite on that last one). It's like having 2 or 3 players in one and it would be bizarre if he was left out of Brazil's world cup squad. Many many times better than Paulinho.

Arsenal missing out on the top 4 is an interesting one. They might only be 7 points ahead of 4th at the end of the weekend and their upcoming fixtures are horrible. Would be very surprised if they did fall that far, but it isn't impossible.[/quote']

Fully agree with this - Fernandinho is up there as one of the summers best signings, even at his age for the money it was - would take him at Chelsea in a heartbeat.

No way in hell is Arsenal going to end up outside the top 4. This time for the past ten seasons they've been somewhere in 5th' date=' struggling to find form. This season they're second, by a one point margin! What makes you think Wenger will let that position go?

If anything, 4th is a three way tie between Liverpool, United and Everton with Arsenal grabbing third spot.[/quote']

Three way between us, Everton and Spurs. Not United.

Is it bad I want Cissokho to stay? Seems like such a nice guy who loves being here' date=' even if he is a slight upgrade on Djimi Traore :o[/quote']

He seems a great guy no doubt and he was okay today. He loves the club and was honoured we wanted him which is lovely to hear. But no hahah :P

Wow. That was exceptional.

Coutinho was class, Suarez was.... well Suarez. Gutting that wonder striker didn't go in, and his free kick. Would have been arguably two of the best goals this season.

Special performance, if we can do that against Fulham, we could be in for an exciting end of the season - especially when the CL is getting back under way again soon. Clubs are going to start taking their eyes off the league just a bit.

Breathtaking as Brendan summed it up.

What a difference a week makes....

Flanagan's excellent form has had me thinking. If he can keep Johnson out of the side when he returns to injury, does that mean he'd be ahead of Johnson for a spot at the world cup. As far as I'm aware when fit Johnson has been first choice for a while now, but if he's second string at club level to a fellow country man what does that mean for Flanagan?

Flanagan's excellent form has had me thinking. If he can keep Johnson out of the side when he returns to injury' date=' does that mean he'd be ahead of Johnson for a spot at the world cup. As far as I'm aware when fit Johnson has been first choice for a while now, but if he's second string at club level to a fellow country man what does that mean for Flanagan?[/quote']

I think Walker will be take the starting spot for England with Flanagan or Johnson as the back-up.

Flanagan's excellent form has had me thinking. If he can keep Johnson out of the side when he returns to injury' date=' does that mean he'd be ahead of Johnson for a spot at the world cup. As far as I'm aware when fit Johnson has been first choice for a while now, but if he's second string at club level to a fellow country man what does that mean for Flanagan?[/quote']

He's certainly the most in form English full back. Playing for England puts on a heap of pressure that he won't have experienced playing for Liverpool though.

He's certainly the most in form English full back. Playing for England puts on a heap of pressure that he won't have experienced playing for Liverpool though.

There is no chance of Flanagan going to the World Cup.

He is playing very well but is very inexperienced and taking him would be a massive risk, Hodgson is (and probably rightly) going to be picking Johnson and Walker providing they are fit and well, Jones, Smalling will also be ahead of him in Hodgson's thinking and even somebody like Nathaniel Clyne/Micah Richards will be more in Hodgson's thinking.

I don't think Flanagan will go to WC mainly because of his inexperience and the fact that England still have the likes of Walker and Clyne. But Flanagan seems pretty unfazed by pressure and is always quite composed when he has the ball, so I don't think the pressure would get to him.

Flanagan ahead of Kelly now in that right-back pecking order??

Anybody still believe Kelly will become a CB?

I think Kellys fitness is just so questionable I'll be surprised if he makes it at the club, which is hugely disappointing because I'm a big fan and before his injury had almost become first choice ahead of Johnson. IMO he could do with a loan spell but they need to sort his fitness out.

Seriously, I said it the other day, but how good is Sterling at the moment? He deserved a hattrick yesterday. When he dribbled past two players and ended up getting his shot saved I could have cried, it would have been a sensational goal. Imagine that, a 19 year old scoring a hattrick against Arsenal, Fowler did the same I believe. Makes me wonder why we were ever going for Salah. We never needed him.

Everton SPurs today. Lets hope for a draw. Even if we dont get 4th, its been a special season and we've been treated to some excellent wins: Spurs, Everton and Arsenal have been incredible. We've got decent fixtures coming up. We need to show the same attitude as we did yesterday, we really do.

Seriously' date=' I said it the other day, but how good is Sterling at the moment? He deserved a hattrick yesterday. When he dribbled past two players and ended up getting his shot saved I could have cried, it would have been a sensational goal. Imagine that, a 19 year old scoring a hattrick against Arsenal, Fowler did the same I believe. Makes me wonder why we were ever going for Salah. We never needed him.

Everton SPurs today. Lets hope for a draw. Even if we dont get 4th, its been a special season and we've been treated to some excellent wins: Spurs, Everton and Arsenal have been incredible. We've got decent fixtures coming up. We need to [b'] show the same attitude as we did today,[/b] we really do.

Two games in two days? Did you win today as well? What time was that kick off? Sorry rather petulant but I just could not resist. :P