• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Synyster

• ray1981

• Vendetta

• koplfc

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Liverpool Thread The end of another season and I just want to lay down some of my ideas, hopes and aspirations for our beloved LFC. It was a disappointing season, finishing 6th due to a

Re: Official Liverpool Thread I'm a complete Suarez convert. Couldn't care less what he's done in the past, or that he may have gone down slightly theatrically in the odd game or two. He absorbs qui

Re: Official Liverpool Thread Just compiled andy carroll's match highlights..

Posted Images

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

Flanagan's excellent form has had me thinking. If he can keep Johnson out of the side when he returns to injury' date=' does that mean he'd be ahead of Johnson for a spot at the world cup. As far as I'm aware when fit Johnson has been first choice for a while now, but if he's second string at club level to a fellow country man what does that mean for Flanagan?[/quote']

exactly what im thinking.

another solid game. Couple England friendlies in next few months, expect to see him get a callup to one of them.

Could be a minimum 5 players from Liverpool on international duty.

Sturridge

Sterling

Gerrard

Henderson

Johnson/Flanagan - one will be called

Another positive from yesterday is that it shoes we dont need to rely on Suarez. He had moments but the business was done by other players.

Absolutely no chance Flanagan goes to the World Cup. Even suggesting it's a possibility is ridiculous. The lad's got a brilliant attitude, puts 100% into everything and has been in decent form recently, BUT he needs to progress considerably before he'll be playing on an international stage. Every fan loves to see a young lad come into the team and do a job, but we have to be realistic in terms of ability there's 4 or 5 English right backs ahead of him.

Absolutely no chance Flanagan goes to the World Cup. Even suggesting it's a possibility is ridiculous. The lad's got a brilliant attitude' date=' puts 100% into everything and has been in decent form recently, BUT he needs to progress considerably before he'll be playing on an international stage. Every fan loves to see a young lad come into the team and do a job, but we have to be realistic in terms of ability there's 4 or 5 English right backs ahead of him.[/quote']

Good God is that really you Ben?

Long time no see, welcome back.

Absolutely no chance Flanagan goes to the World Cup. Even suggesting it's a possibility is ridiculous. The lad's got a brilliant attitude' date=' puts 100% into everything and has been in decent form recently, BUT he needs to progress considerably before he'll be playing on an international stage. Every fan loves to see a young lad come into the team and do a job, but we have to be realistic in terms of ability there's 4 or 5 English right backs ahead of him.[/quote']

The four I can think of are Johnson, Walker, Richards and Clyne. Johnson is ahead of the other 3 in the pecking order at the moment. Now what I'm saying is, Flanagan, who has been in fantastic form of late, has a real chance of keeping Johnson out of the side when he returns from injury because Flanagan's current form is better than Johnson has produced in a while. If he is ahead of the current England first choice right back at club level, I defiantly wouldn't be surprised if he at least makes the squad. Looking at the other Walker, Richards and Clyne now, it's defiantly fair to say none of them are as in-form as Flanagan is right now. (keeping in mind I said earlier that Flanagan has to maintain this form to have a shot) Ukraine, a nation not even the World Cup made a mockery of Walker in the friendlies a little while back, so if he can't cope with Konoplyanka, hows he expected to manage players far better than Kono. Richards has played about 9 games all season and he's only started about four of those, hardly enough to be considered for a spot at the world cup let alone the first XI. Clyne is almost in the same boat as Flanagan. He's also been impressive this season but if you're talking inexperience he's hardly got much on Flanagan. The only other names I can think of are Chris Smalling and Phil Jones. Smalling is naturally a centre back, and in terms of whose a better right back you'd really have to say Flanagan (again based on current form) and the same goes for Jones who from what I've read has been decent at defensive midfield this season, but again he's really a centre back not a right back. I'll just stress again that I'm not saying Flanagan is better than all of these players because obviously someone like Steauseaka will interpret this as just that, but if he keep up his current form, I'd be more shocked to see him not even get a go in the upcoming friendlies than make the final squad.

I think with Flanagan time will tell - I for one will be surprised if he is able to maintain the form he is in right now till the end of the season, which is what he will have to do to make it.

That said, and dont take this the wrong way as this could literally be any defender really, but how does Flanagan vs Suarez at WC14 make you feel?

I'll tell you how it makes me feel.

Worried.

I think with Flanagan time will tell - I for one will be surprised if he is able to maintain the form he is in right now till the end of the season' date=' which is what he will have to do to make it.

That said, and dont take this the wrong way as this could literally be any defender really, but how does Flanagan vs Suarez at WC14 make you feel?

Worried.[/quote']

That's why I suggested would it make any difference if it is someone like Kyle Walker, who got torn up against Ukraine. Konoplyanka and Yarmolenko are good but Suarez is certainly on another level and like you said you could say that for almost any defender.

I think with Flanagan time will tell - I for one will be surprised if he is able to maintain the form he is in right now till the end of the season' date=' which is what he will have to do to make it.

Worried.[/quote']

Forget Suarez vs Flanagan, Suarez vs England should have you worried.

Oh god' date=' people are talking about the title again. Easy game against Fulham next therefore there is no chance we will win. Always happens when people talk us up[/quote']

Tbh it's more the media making out that we can. I mean after the game on Saturday the BTSport interviewer must of asked every person he spoke to "Can you win the league because the fans certainly think so?" probably 90% of our fans think we won't win it.

We haven't even broke away from Spurs yet.

Tbh it's more the media making out that we can. I mean after the game on Saturday the BTSport interviewer must of asked every person he spoke to "Can you win the league because the fans certainly think so?" probably 90% of our fans think we won't win it.

We haven't even broke away from Spurs yet.

I don't think any Liverpool fans think we can win the league. It's the media being idiots. They always start asking Rodgers and the players if we can win the league and then we screw up. It's really annoying. If we win our next 3/4 games I'd start to think we could challenge but that won't happen. I hope I'm wrong and we should beat these teams but we don't always turn up do we

Respuesta: Re: Official Liverpool Thread

I don't think any Liverpool fans think we can win the league. It's the media being idiots. They always start asking Rodgers and the players if we can win the league and then we screw up. It's really annoying. If we win our next 3/4 games I'd start to think we could challenge but that won't happen. I hope I'm wrong and we should beat these teams but we don't always turn up do we

Im not a Liverpool fan, and i think you can win the league. While obviously teams like Chelsea and Man City should be ahead in the bets, have you seen a complete and total dominance of those teams over Liverpool's game? I havent. Liverpool have everything a team needs to be champion, even when Liverpool's squad cant be compared to those two previously mentioned, still Liverpool has the playing style, the fitness in his players and a shinning star capable of turning the game at any moment. Liverpool have lost incredible points (like the game against West ham) but so have the other competitors...

We ain't good enough to win the League, if you offered me fourth now I would snap your hand off. Third would be better though as then you don't have to qualify for the Champions League, remember fourth only gives you a qualifying game and with the way the draw is now you could potentially draw some very difficult sides.

Lets not get ahead of ourselves, the old mantra a game at a time etc, no game in the PL is a given

I suggest you go on RAWK then. The arrogance and self righteous comments on there suggest you're 15 points clear and nobody should dare attempt to challenge the mighty Liverpool FC.

I suggest you go on RAWK then. The arrogance and self righteous comments on there suggest you're 15 points clear and nobody should dare attempt to challenge the mighty Liverpool FC.

Anybody who uses RAWK of whatever side is an idiot.

Anyway ain't you got better things to worry about like how you are gunna word your apology to SM Tony if we do finish above you? ;)

You sounded pretty arrogant and self righteous when writing us off as nobodies at the start of the season when compared with the almighty Tottenham Hotspur

You could be the only person ever to lose a prediction to Tony which would be fairly Embaressing.

Anybody who uses RAWK of whatever side is an idiot.

Anyway ain't you got better things to worry about like how you are gunna word your apology to SM Tony if we do finish above you? ;)

You sounded pretty arrogant and self righteous when writing us off as nobodies at the start of the season when compared with the almighty Tottenham Hotspur

You could be the only person ever to lose a prediction to Tony which would be fairly Embaressing.

:D

Plenty of games left. I'm still pretty confident. We're playing awfully yet are still only 3 points behind you despite you playing very well. It stinks to me of you having a drop in form when a few vital injuries hit (your depth isn't great) and us finally getting our team playing well together.

You should be embarrassed that you can't spell embarrassing :P

Plenty of games left. I'm still pretty confident. We're playing awfully yet are still only 3 points behind you despite you playing very well. It stinks to me of you having a drop in form when a few vital injuries hit (your depth isn't great) and us finally getting our team playing well together.

We have had all the main protagonists out for decent spells this season Suarez, Sturridge, Coutinho, Gerrard, have had to change our back four nearly every game in the season and have arguably our best back four all injured at the moment and all out for long spells.

We have had injuries all season yet the squad has held up pretty well.

TBF I think I would feel 100x less embarrassed about a Spelling mistake as opposed to quite possibly losing a prediction to Tony. ;)

Time will tell :)

We've had all our key players out for large chunks of this season, if they stay fit now joined with Agger, Sakho, Enrique, Johnson and Lucas coming back shortly we should be good for the run in, all the big guns at home as well. You've also got Europe to think about when those thursday nights come back you could see yourselves being taken advantage of by most teams, as you said you're aren't playing very well right now, add that to fitness from Europe and it could be a nasty concoction.

That or you'll beat us to 4th :o

I'm really surprised that you're so confident. You admit that you're playing awfully and we just recorded our most impressive result of the season.

For the first time in a long, long time I'm genuinely looking forward to playing Spurs. In the recent years (Hodgson & Kenny) our tactical setup has played straight in to your hands but now I feel it's the opposite. Plus we're at home, have better players, better manager and already beat you 5-0 this season:)

What I will give Spurs credit for is the ability to grind out results. How you're 9 points off top having lost games by 5 and 6 goals this season I'll never understand.

And as Ray and Synyster already mentioned we've had our fair share of injuries.

Fulham FC Voice ‏@FFCTakeMeHome 11m

Definitely a tactical plea that. Fatigued players' date=' on form liverpool and a £12m striker to get fit. Cant believe the Prem will fall for that

Sounds about right.[/quote']

The tube was still running on quite a few lines last week at about 30% no idea if this week will be different, although I work in Central London I travel by overground so tube never really of much notice to me.

Like you say Fulham may well want it put back much more than we would. I ain't writing Fulham off by any means but a game we should be looking to take maximum points from.

We have had all the main protagonists out for decent spells this season Suarez' date=' Sturridge, Coutinho, Gerrard, have had to change our back four nearly every game in the season and have arguably our best back four all injured at the moment and all out for long spells.

We have had injuries all season yet the squad has held up pretty well.

TBF I think I would feel 100x less embarrassed about a Spelling mistake as opposed to quite possibly losing a prediction to Tony. ;)

[b']Time will tell[/b] :)

Indeed it will. I had honestly forgotten about the prediction but thanks for reminding me. My head will firmly be down in shame if it comes off.

We've had all our key players out for large chunks of this season' date=' if they stay fit now joined with Agger, Sakho, Enrique, Johnson and Lucas coming back shortly we should be good for the run in, all the big guns at home as well. You've also got Europe to think about when those thursday nights come back you could see yourselves being taken advantage of by most teams, as you said you're aren't playing very well right now, add that to fitness from Europe and it could be a nasty concoction.

That or you'll beat us to 4th :o[/quote']

Yeah you're without defensive players currently but I don't think that particularly matters to you. You're so free flowing and good going forward, even if you concede 3 (like you did at Stoke) there will always be the belief that you can score more. I'm more hoping that Suarez and Gerrard get injured at the same time. Or that you start to play like you did at WBA on a consistent basis :P

I don't think having all the big guns at home is a positive if i'm honest. They're inevitably tough games and it's the home games where you "bank" on points. Down the stretch where it's going to be tight, you also have Chelsea and City games 34 and 36 respectively (if I remember rightly) and they will be full guns blazing for the title. I think if we avoid defeat at Anfield we should be favourites. However, that is a very big if at the moment with the way the two sides are playing.

I'm really surprised that you're so confident. You admit that you're playing awfully and we just recorded our most impressive result of the season.

For the first time in a long' date=' long time I'm genuinely looking forward to playing Spurs. In the recent years (Hodgson & Kenny) our tactical setup has played straight in to your hands but now I feel it's the opposite. Plus we're at home, have better players, better manager and already beat you 5-0 this season:)

What I will give Spurs credit for is the ability to grind out results. How you're 9 points off top having lost games by 5 and 6 goals this season I'll never understand.

And as Ray and Synyster already mentioned we've had our fair share of injuries.[/quote']

It's more the belief that sooner or later it will come good. Simply because the amount of talent we have. We've struggled with injuries throughout the season and always seem to have 1 or 2 starters missing, sometimes more. My hope is that Dim Tim will finally sort the midfield out and we will be cooking on gas from there.

Don't forget we have the best away record in the league when being excited about playing us at Anfield.

Yeah you're right about us grinding out results. It baffles me the way the media and certain fans think we're playing better under Dim Tim than we did under Andre. Bar between 30-75mins at Swansea and at home to Stoke who were absolutely dire, we've been pretty average. Although we did enough at OT, I felt that was more down to not really being tested.