• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Synyster

• ray1981

• Vendetta

• koplfc

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Liverpool Thread The end of another season and I just want to lay down some of my ideas, hopes and aspirations for our beloved LFC. It was a disappointing season, finishing 6th due to a

Re: Official Liverpool Thread I'm a complete Suarez convert. Couldn't care less what he's done in the past, or that he may have gone down slightly theatrically in the odd game or two. He absorbs qui

Re: Official Liverpool Thread Just compiled andy carroll's match highlights..

Posted Images

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

Always worth waiting until full time before saying too much.

No actually I rather enjoyed Toure's own goal. The fact you barely scraped past Fulham has tickled me.

Congrats on barely beating Fulham after tearing top of the league apart...

Poor display from you lot but well done.

Dismal display? How ironic...

No irony here. I know United's display was awful but it's not ironic that Liverpool won?

Irony is a tricky concept to master this was not such an instance whereby you could describe it as ironic.

It was by and large a dismal display from a Liverpool side that should be killing off these kinds of games.

The fact United were awful doesn't make it ironic it just makes it funny for people like you and worrying for people like me no irony just differing emotion.

No actually I rather enjoyed Toure's own goal. The fact you barely scraped past Fulham has tickled me.

I was referring to this in particular:

Thank you for making United not look too much like muppets.

At the end of the day, the result is all that matters. You got yourselves a point, we came away with all three. In short - you're still the only team that look like muppets.

It wasn't even a bad performance from Liverpool tonight. We gifted them two goals, it's not like we were tactically inept nor were we sloppy in general play. It just so happened that we made two very costly mistakes. In contrast to your own performance, we were actually rather creative and had a number of good chances (which didn't require 82 crosses).

Anyway, I doubt you actually watched the game, so your opinion doesn't count for squat.

I was referring to this in particular:

At the end of the day' date=' the result is all that matters. You got yourselves a point, we came away with all three. In short - you're still the only team that look like muppets.

[b']No Toure definitely looked like a muppet.

The 3 points are good but ill deserved which is where the embarrassment comes from. Granted not as bad as United.[/b]

It wasn't even a bad performance from Liverpool tonight. We gifted them two goals, it's not like we were tactically inept nor were we sloppy in general play. It just so happened that we made two very costly mistakes. In contrast to your own performance, we were actually rather creative and had a number of good chances (which didn't require 82 crosses).

81 Crosses ;).

It was a poor Liverpool performance. Lacked the pace and incision you showed against Arsenal. Lacked concentration resulting in two sloppy goals.

Anyway, I doubt you actually watched the game, so your opinion doesn't count for squat.

It is possible to have 2 streams open. Admittedly I only started watching after the Toure own goal but still.

Not really we got out of jail tonight' date=' doesn't make these lazy away day performances any less of a problem. Going forward were as good as anyone but defensively were abysmal and until that's addressed were not title contenders IMO.[/quote']

Some people on this thread are never pleased! This game was certainly not on par with those of previous seasons. Like I said in my last post; we made hard work of the game tonight because of two individual errors. In previous seasons the whole team has looked lackluster in these sort of games.

And that is excluding the fact that we are playing our second string defence. I'd say that fully fit Enrique, Sakho, Agger and Johnson would be much more solid than Cissohko, Toure, Skrtel and Flanagan.

barely scraped is much better than drawing whilst looking terrible.

So you watched the Liverpool game over United?

No irony here. I know United's display was awful but it's not ironic that Liverpool won?

Irony is a tricky concept to master this was not such an instance whereby you could describe it as ironic.

It was by and large a dismal display from a Liverpool side that should be killing off these kinds of games.

The fact United were awful doesn't make it ironic it just makes it funny for people like you and worrying for people like me no irony just differing emotion.

how isnt it ironic? It's ironic that a fan of team A is slating team b s performances when team A are playing a whole lot worse? That' date=' is ironic.[/b']

Some people on this thread are never pleased! This game was certainly not on par with those of previous seasons. Like I said in my last post; we made hard work of the game tonight because of two individual errors. In previous seasons the whole team has looked lackluster in these sort of games.

And that is excluding the fact that we are playing our second string defence. I'd say that fully fit Enrique' date=' Sakho, Agger and Johnson would be much more solid than Cissohko, Toure, Skrtel and Flanagan.[/quote']

Leave Flanagan out of this! :P he has certainly showed better form than pre-injury Johnson.

And that is excluding the fact that we are playing our second string defence. I'd say that fully fit Enrique' date=' Sakho, Agger and Johnson would be much more solid than Cissohko, Toure, Skrtel and Flanagan.[/quote']

Flanagan's been ok for you to be fair considering his age but you do look a lot more solid with Agger et al.

I'd say you're now bang on for 4th place unless you pick up injuries to key players.

Don't get me wrong were a top side these days and great to watch. We've come a long way this season but 7th to title contenders is a little bit dreamy. Top 4 will be a fantastic season and should be our sole aim. Would open up doors for BR in the summer and we could really kick on.

Saying some people are never happy doesn't cut it, Im the opposite. More than happy with coming 4th.

Exactly' date=' and with Agger' return back to the starting XI imminent, I think we can really begin to get excited as to where this season may take us.[/quote']

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying we're likely to win the league, but I don't see why so many people are still being negative on here. Tonight was the sort of game we would have lost last season. Things are improving.

It is possible to have 2 streams open. Admittedly I only started watching after the Toure own goal but still.

I guess that's understandable' date=' watching your lot isn't exactly exciting at the moment.

Leave Flanagan out of this! :P he has certainly showed better form than pre-injury Johnson.

I think that's pushing it. You're forgetting how good Johnson has been for us in previous seasons. He offers a lot more going forward than Flanagan and as I said (fully fit) is still a better option than Flanagan.

Flanagan has been terrific though and is probably the most reliable out of our current back four. I was just showing the difference between what our current defence is compared to what it could be.

barely scraped is much better than drawing whilst looking terrible.

We had Ashley Young starting and David Moyes as a manager a draw was miraculous. Besides we broke a record that day every cloud eh.

So you watched the Liverpool game over United?

Yeah I watched Liverpool play over the United Arsenal game.... read my previous posts and you'll see how I managed to watch both games miraculous I know!

how isnt it ironic? It's ironic that a fan of team A is slating team b s performances when team A are playing a whole lot worse? That, is ironic.

It's not irony at all it's nothing not even hypocritical. It's just me making an observation on a poor display from a team that are better then that.

If I were to claim United were far superior and that Liverpool were rubbish without acknowledging how awful United were you may be able to stake some claim on me being a hypocrite but again there is little irony in that.

It would be ironic if I were to say how much I hate talking to Liverpool fans while posting on the Liverpool thread. Do you understand now perhaps?

@Midnight:- Flanagan has performed a lot better when he has played than Johnson has before his injury. When Johnson was playing, he got complaceant and took his role in the team forgranted. Now he knows he has competition, i think he will bounce back after his injury better than ever.

@Ben:- Irony.

A pretence of ignorance. (The ignorance being your own displays whilst laughing at others)

Contrast of expectations. (Laughing at Liverpool losing when then won)

Laughing at Liverpools misfortune whilst your own teams fortune isnt any better is ironic.

The fact that a united fan is preoccupied with the Liverpool thread tells you all you need to know.

In regards this talk of title contention, Gerrard said after the game that to be in with any chance of a top finish we need to not be making such hard work of the Fulhams and west broms of the league - its all well and good raising our game for Arsenal, spurs, everton but if you relying on a blockbuster finish in the other games then it aint good enough.

Im paraphrasing (due in part to three glasses of Riocha) but you get the gist - jf the captain is saying we aint there yet, so is the manager and most of the fans the its a pretty clear indication that we dont need the pressure of talking up our title hopes.

** EDIT **

To be fair i just had a gander at the Red Devils thread and Bens all over it so take what i said/typed with a pinch of salt!

We wont. We actually won :D We werent at our best and once again we've conceded goals due to individual errors which is annoying. 4th is looking more likely but there is no way we should start getting ahead of ourselves. Still think title talk is ludicrous. We cant defend and we're not consistent enough. 4th would be fantastic and we could challenge for the title next season. Expectations shouldnt change after a couple good results, very short sighted.

fabulous night.

Absolutely atrocious first half, started second half brilliantly then conceded another calamitous goal but came back well and a never say die attitude wins the day.

Our end was absolutely mental at the end, we were all hugging each other, crutches n the air, singing, flares (not clever but adds to the atmosphere :o) random Norweigans chanting stuff :P

We knew what a big moment that was. Believe me n less you were there you cannot Appreciate how difficult the wind was especially first half as we were kicking against the wind, very difficult to defend. Seven rows back behind the goal so got to see Kolo's moment of magic in all it's glory, absolutely woeful defending. :o:o

Coutinho ran everything in the second half, so clever Nd so much more effective played inside, Luis despite being played it of position give everything and Gerrard's pass for the goal was absolutely majestic if you ant seen it check it out.

Big three points....happy days. You ain't gunna play brilliant every game but we showed a great attitude and desire. Second half was much improved another batch if very positive points to take.

Also great to see Texeira get a run out, showed some nice touches.

The fact that a united fan is preoccupied with the Liverpool thread tells you all you need to know.

In regards this talk of title contention' date=' Gerrard said after the game that to be in with any chance of a top finish we need to not be making such hard work of the Fulhams and west broms of the league - its all well and good raising our game for Arsenal, spurs, everton but if you relying on a blockbuster finish in the other games then it aint good enough.

Im paraphrasing (due in part to three glasses of Riocha) but you get the gist - jf the captain is saying we aint there yet, so is the manager and most of the fans the its a pretty clear indication that we dont need the pressure of talking up our title hopes.

** EDIT **

To be fair i just had a gander at the Red Devils thread and Bens all over it so take what i said/typed with a pinch of salt![/quote']

Table doesnt lie and 4 points behind Chelsea is a monumental achievement from a team that finished 7th in the previous season.

You also have to factor in Liverpool not having the distraction of Europe and id say you are in with a very good shout if you can keep your top players fit and firing on all cylinders.

Also with the league being so tight, anything is possible! I sure hope we have a season like the 11/12 one where it comes down to the final minutes! :P

@Ben:- Irony.

A pretence of ignorance. (The ignorance being your own displays whilst laughing at others)

I wasn't ignorant of our poor displays though.

Contrast of expectations. (Laughing at Liverpool losing when then won)

Nope I expected them to win I was laughing at the Toure own goal which isn't irony. They played poorly they may have won but they played poorly not irony.

Laughing at Liverpools misfortune whilst your own teams fortune isnt any better is ironic.

No it isn't not when you openly admit that your team is performing poorly. Irony comes when you are ignorant of the facts either deliberately or accidentally. Not once have I done this.

Anyway we've gotten rather side tracked here.

Winning games whilst playing poorly is the mark of champions' date=' as a United fan should know.[/quote']

Agreed wholeheartedly, however to consider Liverpool title contenders/champions is IMO a big step too far. Top 4 appears almost certain though Tottenham are doing their best to keep them on their toes but the title I believe is beyond them this season.

Huge win for us. That penalty is possibly one of the biggest moments for us this season, although we can make it count for nothing by playing games as poor as we did in the first 45 last night. But it's looking good at the moment.

Few things I'd like to point out from last night...

First half was awful but the second was alright and we did deserve to win. Toure and Skrtel made sure we had to work for it, but I guess it was good entertainment in the end:) Can't even remember the last time we scored the winner in extra time.

Agger needs to start against Arsenal, alongside Skrtel.

Teixeira <--> Sterling. Ballsy move from Brendan. I hope Teixeira gets around 30 minutes against Arsenal in the cup.