• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Synyster

• ray1981

• Vendetta

• koplfc

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Liverpool Thread The end of another season and I just want to lay down some of my ideas, hopes and aspirations for our beloved LFC. It was a disappointing season, finishing 6th due to a

Re: Official Liverpool Thread I'm a complete Suarez convert. Couldn't care less what he's done in the past, or that he may have gone down slightly theatrically in the odd game or two. He absorbs qui

Re: Official Liverpool Thread Just compiled andy carroll's match highlights..

Posted Images

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

Might be forth' date=' but Spurs are hot on our heels now.

Still got Spurs, City and Chelsea to play...[/quote']

This is exactly what I've been saying, making Champ League is so so big this year and we have some really tough games left to play so with only being 3 points ahead of Spurs it surprises me that so many fans are looking up rather than down. Our aim at the start was 4th, don't see why that changes now. Not the time to start getting complacent. I'd snap your arm off for 4th right now.

I have a horrible feeling that you will actually win the league.

We wont win the league but its a shame because this season is 1 season when we actually could IF the players would just quit not showing up against the lower clubs.

We currently have a team that could easily win enough of there remaining games to win the title, because although we will drop more points so will the others as they keep doing now.

BUT the players don't seem to be able to get the same motivation against the likes of WBA & Fulham as they did against Your lot and Arsenal.

If we came out like we did against Everton and Arsenal against WBA we would have been out of sight before half time because WBA were as poor as us in that first half.

But away from home against the lower teams we seem to play with such a slow pace and lose our pressing style, it has cost us so many points.

People came blame these defensive errors but the fact is the whole team (inc the strikers) are playing totally different and to a lower level than they would against the bigger clubs.

Might be forth' date=' but Spurs are hot on our heels now.

Still got Spurs, City and Chelsea to play...[/quote']

Still got Spurs, City and Chelsea to play at home. We've already beaten Spurs convincingly away (albeit under AVB) and we deserved something from the City and Chelsea away games. If you ask me, it is those teams that should be worried about coming to Anfield. We should be looking at it as a chance to gain on/pull away from them.

This is exactly what I've been saying' date=' making Champ League is so so big this year and we have some really tough games left to play so with only being 3 points ahead of Spurs it surprises me that so many fans are looking up rather than down. Our aim at the start was 4th, don't see why that changes now. Not the time to start getting complacent. I'd snap your arm off for 4th right now.[/quote']

I think any Liverpool fan with a morsel of sense would also snap your arm off for fourth right now. I know I certainly would. Like I said above, our remaining tough matches are at home - we've already played the big sides away and have done well. Expectations are relative to our current position, there's nothing wrong with looking above when we're in such fantastic shape. Not only in terms of league position but we're playing, arguably, some of the best football in the league.

There's also the old expression - "Aim for the sky and you'll reach the ceiling. Aim for the ceiling and you'll stay on the floor". It's easier to be the hunter than the hunted, if we start looking over our shoulder at Spurs then we'll start to slip up. There's no reason we can't drag Arsenal (maybe even City or Chelsea) into the race for top four.

We won't win the league. At best, I see us finishing 3rd, ahead of Arsenal.

Swansea H

Southampton A

Sunderland H

Man United A

Cardiff A

Tottenham H

West Ham A

Man City H

Norwich A

Chelsea H

Crystal Palace A

Newcastle H

If we can win the games in green and draw the ones in black, we'd finish the season with 79 points. It's certainly not impossible to win some of the games I have down as a draw but just as well I'd expect us to slip up in at least one of the games I have down as a win.

We wont win the league but its a shame because this season is 1 season when we actually could IF the players would just quit not showing up against the lower clubs.

We currently have a team that could easily win enough of there remaining games to win the title' date=' because although we will drop more points so will the others as they keep doing now.

BUT the players don't seem to be able to get the same motivation against the likes of WBA & Fulham as they did against Your lot and Arsenal.

If we came out like we did against Everton and Arsenal against WBA we would have been out of sight before half time because WBA were as poor as us in that first half.

But away from home against the lower teams we seem to play with such a slow pace and lose our pressing style, it has cost us so many points.

People came blame these defensive errors but the fact is the whole team (inc the strikers) are playing totally different and to a lower level than they would against the bigger clubs.[/quote']

Yes but you picked up 4 points away in them last two away games despite not playing so well. You have got to play Spurs, Chelsea and City all at home where you are extremley good. You also have some easy away games like United and Norwich, so I can easily see you causing an upset.

UNITED IN TEHRE PURELY TO BAIT

We won't win the league. At best' date=' I see us finishing 3rd, ahead of Arsenal.

Swansea H

Southampton A

Sunderland H

Man United A

Cardiff A

Tottenham H

West Ham A

Man City H

Norwich A

Chelsea H

Crystal Palace A

Newcastle H

If we can win the games in green and draw the ones in black, we'd finish the season with 79 points. It's certainly not impossible to win some of the games I have down as a draw but just as well I'd expect us to slip up in at least one of the games I have down as a win.

That is a fantastic fixture list, add to the fact we have no European clutter like the rest of our direct rivals, no reason why we can't aim higher than 4th.

HAHAHAHAAHAHA. Behave mate.

You probably would have said the same thing if somebody told you that we would be four points off the lead after 26 games.....yet that has happened.

By no means do I think we are good enough to win it......yet.....

But the longer we can stick in and around the better and you can never say never...

That is a fantastic fixture list' date=' add to the fact we have no European clutter like the rest of our direct rivals, no reason why we can't aim higher than 4th.[/quote']

I think it looks pretty difficult in patches.....

Southampton, United, West Ham away all look tricky

City, Spuds, Chavs at home likewise....

Just need to take it one game at a time starting with Swansea no room for complacency need to do our job professionally and see where that takes us.

I know it's a cliche but I'm really not thinking past one game at a time. It's dangerous to start calculating where our points will come from as it never quite goes to plan. Every game is a big game and we need to play accordingly. We're not good enough that we can take our foot off the gas. It's looking good though for top 4. If we win our next 3 league games then I'd say we are title challengers. I'm not expecting us to though

I know it's a cliche but I'm really not thinking past one game at a time. It's dangerous to start calculating where our points will come from as it never quite goes to plan. Every game is a big game and we need to play accordingly. We're not good enough that we can take our foot off the gas. It's looking good though for top 4. If we win our next 3 league games then I'd say we are title challengers. I'm not expecting us to though

Well all the fans at the game last night were singing "we are gunna win the League" when we were exiting the ground ;)

I agree with everything you say though the old cliche one game at a time is vital. We have got Johnson coming back and if he is now properly fit and back to the player we know he will improve us. Agger coming back and Sakho is a coule of weeks away, I would imagine one of them will replace Kolo who really is having a nightmare in recent weeks.

Lets not get ahead of ourselves though. What ever way you look at it if anybody had offered us this position before the season started we would have snapped there hands off especially with all the injuries we have had.

Would love Gerard to pick up a league title before he finishes,totally deserves it after a stellar career with Liverpool.

Have the greatest respect for him being a one team man,deserves it more than anyone.

None of those teams will enjoy coming to Anfield and out of the hard games at home (City,Chelsea and Spurs) if Liverpool can take 5-6 points then the Title is on.

We win tomorrow' date=' we're gonna go on a massive run.[/quote']

Thing is at the moment Liverpool can win this game vs Arsenal as they have the physiological edge over them and their starting 11s will be different as Arsenal got Bayern and will likely play some fringe. Liverpool win this and its a massive boost for them. You have to think that Chelsea , City , Arsenal , Spurs with their European matchs in mid week will drop points in the league so i assume if liverpool carry on the top 4 spot is theirs to lose. I wouldn't say anymore than 4th but 3rd is in the mix right now.

The next games vs Swansea , Southampton and Sunderland have to be all wins otherwise it a wasted chance here. Arsenal i feel for as they have Everton , bayern ,spurs , chelsea , city in a row so i can see them fading away soon.

We win tomorrow' date=' we're gonna go on a massive run.[/quote']

I think your favorites for the tie. You will likely play your strongest available side, whilst I would think Wenger will rest players for the match against Bayern. Even though the FA Cup is a much more realistic and easier chance of us winning a trophy, the game against Bayern is much bigger.

I just hope its not a draw. We have a pretty tough run of games as it is without another trip to Anfield.