Official Liverpool Thread

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

I think we have a very good chance of winning or getting a replay. I certainly don't see a reason why Arsenal would be massive favourites for the game.

If we do win, I'm not sure if we can go on to a great run. We've won more than 2 games in a row only 2 times in the league this season, as crazy as it sounds.

@Legendary Manager: I don't think Southampton (A) is a must win for us if top 4 is the aim. I'd definitely take 7 points from Swansea, Southampton & Sunderland. Taking 9 from those would really make us serious title contenders but I just can't see it happening.

• Replies 39k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Synyster

• ray1981

• Vendetta

• koplfc

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Liverpool Thread The end of another season and I just want to lay down some of my ideas, hopes and aspirations for our beloved LFC. It was a disappointing season, finishing 6th due to a

Re: Official Liverpool Thread I'm a complete Suarez convert. Couldn't care less what he's done in the past, or that he may have gone down slightly theatrically in the odd game or two. He absorbs qui

Re: Official Liverpool Thread Just compiled andy carroll's match highlights..

Posted Images

Much deserved rest for Henderson today. Without googling,i think he's the most used outfield player this season? Keeping him fit is vital for us as he's the engine of our midfield and he didn't get much rest this season as Lucas,Allen or Gerrard injured during the different period of season. I hope Teixeira get more minutes too. Will be nice to see if he can actually be a good impact sub

Jones' date=' Flanagan, Skrtel, Agger, Cissokho, Gerrard, Allen, Coutinho, Suarez, Sterling, Sturridge.

Fabianski, Jenkinson, Koscielny, Mertesacker, Monreal, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Arteta, Flamini, Ozil, Podolski, Sanogo[/quote']

We'll slip up if we don't take the game to them, hopefully they can motivate themselves.

Much deserved rest for Henderson today. Without googling' date='i think he's the most used outfield player this season? Keeping him fit is vital for us as he's the engine of our midfield and he didn't get much rest this season as Lucas,Allen or Gerrard injured during the different period of season. I hope Teixeira get more minutes too. Will be nice to see if he can actually be a good impact sub[/quote']

He had surgery on his wrist and it still isn't 100% otherwise I think he would still have started today.

After seeing the teams you have to think we have an excellent chance of progressing. It's going to take a big performance though, the Emirates is as tough a ground as any to get a win regardless of the lineup.

Hardly cheated' date=' just a poor refereeing performance. Gerrard should have walked. Webb was inconsistent all game.[/quote']

We can feel very robbed after that match (inb4 irony comment) we should of won and that was a penalty and an absolute game changer.

We weren't clinical enough either made Fabianski look good.

We shouldn't have even had to rely on a second penalty to be in the game (100% a penalty yes). Sturridge' finishing was shocking and he should have scored at least 1 of his 3 great chances, and as for Agger' chance.. wow. Shouldn't put all the blame on Webb even though it was a penalty, partly our fault too.

Not to disappointed tbh' date=' yes it would of been nice to keep the cup run going but away at Emirates and again I thought we were clearly the better side so can't help but feel somewhat pleased with the performance. We keep playing like this and we'll win more than we lose that's for sure.[/quote']We need to be putting performances into results though. Other wise those few games that we might play well and lose, are going to cost us at the end of the season.

I never really understand why people are so positive after losses. Sure, it's good to play well but if we don't get the results then what is the point. Feel we were unfortunate today but we should be taking our chances. Disappointing. Hopefully we can cling onto the fourth champions league place

Based on what? A couple of mis hits? If Giroud played' date=' you would have won.[/quote']

Miss hits, crying all game, attempting to get stuck in but couldn't really do it, focused more on trying to bully Agger than playing as a goalscorer (which any striker with an above average amount of strength can do with ease).

Miss hits' date=' crying all game, attempting to get stuck in but couldn't really do it, focused more on trying to bully Agger than playing as a goalscorer (which any striker with an above average amount of strength can do with ease).[/quote']

Today was basically his debut, you're being too critical. His mobility made a world of difference to our attacks. I won't go on as i'm sure Liverpool fans won't care but he's certainly got raw ability,