• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Synyster

• ray1981

• Vendetta

• koplfc

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Liverpool Thread The end of another season and I just want to lay down some of my ideas, hopes and aspirations for our beloved LFC. It was a disappointing season, finishing 6th due to a

Re: Official Liverpool Thread I'm a complete Suarez convert. Couldn't care less what he's done in the past, or that he may have gone down slightly theatrically in the odd game or two. He absorbs qui

Re: Official Liverpool Thread Just compiled andy carroll's match highlights..

Posted Images

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

Gutted yesterday and still can't work out how we lost that game, first half we were so so but second half we absolutely battered Arsenal and I still can't fathom how we lost.

The reality however is ther keeper was exceptional and some our finishing was not up to scratch Sturridge in particular had an off day but we can forgive him with the form he has displayed.

As for Howard Webb I just give up he screwed us at Chelsea and he screwed us again yesterday, I wouldn't mind but he is four yards from both incidents and has just bottled it no other explanation e best ref (cough,cough) in the country can't see such blatant things amazing.

Irrespective of that we just have to swallow it and move on, plenty of positives in our attacking play which is just absolutely thrilling to watch at times the pace, movement, cleverness, through balls, flicks and tricks forget Man City we are at this moment in time the best team to watch in the country.

The defensive frailties still exist but we know that and guess that's part of the reason we are so exciting to watch but we can't keep conceding two a game and hope to get away with it as shown yesterday sometimes for whatever reason bad finishing, bad luck etc you ain't always gunna be able to turn it around.

I thought Coutinho was excellent, Suarez was phenomenal in the second half when moved in the middle (I can't stand him being played wide left just negates him and is a constant bug bear of mine) but Raheem Sterling was absolutely sensational from start to finish.

Forget Januzaj, Sterling is at this moment in time the best young player in the country he continues to get better and better and is really flourishing great to see.

Could an exit from the FA Cup actually be a blessing in disguise?

Liverpool now have no midweek games for the rest of the season. All the teams above them are competing on more than one front (City = 4, Arsenal = 2, Chelsea = 2) and Spurs and Man Utd have European commitments too. Arsenal have a nightmare fixture list, with Bayern home and away, and then Everton home and away, Spurs, Chelsea and Man City all in consecutive games. Sure, Man City are going to have two games in hand what with the postponement due to weather and the clash with the FA Cup, but should they get through to the latter stages of the Champions League and FA Cup, they could burn out.

I have cause for optimism, however we must take full advantage of our rivals congested fixture list, and not gift points to teams we should be beating at a canter.

Liverpool now have no midweek games for the rest of the season. All the teams above them are competing on more than one front (City = 4' date=' Arsenal = 2, Chelsea = 2) and Spurs and Man Utd have European commitments too. Arsenal have a nightmare fixture list, with Bayern home and away, and then Everton home and away, Spurs, Chelsea and Man City all in consecutive games. Sure, Man City are going to have two games in hand what with the postponement due to weather and the clash with the FA Cup, but should they get through to the latter stages of the Champions League and FA Cup, they could burn out.

I have cause for optimism, however we must take full advantage of our rivals congested fixture list, and not gift points to teams we should be beating at a canter.[/quote']

Well that depends. You could easily argue that without Europe to worry about, Liverpool should be competing on all domestic fronts.

Well that depends. You could easily argue that without Europe to worry about' date=' Liverpool should be competing on all domestic fronts.[/quote']

But in winning a domestic cup, you get a spot in qualifying for the Europa League. In going all out for a domestic cup, we could have dropped out of the top four and ended up playing an extended season in the 2nd tier of Europe and not qualifying for the Champions League next season as a busy European calendar distracts us from the league, and the snowball begins. No Europe has been a blessing, no Thursday night trips to faraway lands, however if we are to qualify for Europe this season, realistically it has to be Champions League or bust!

Liverpool now have no midweek games for the rest of the season. All the teams above them are competing on more than one front (City = 4' date=' Arsenal = 2, Chelsea = 2) and Spurs and Man Utd have European commitments too. Arsenal have a nightmare fixture list, with Bayern home and away, and then Everton home and away, Spurs, Chelsea and Man City all in consecutive games. Sure, Man City are going to have two games in hand what with the postponement due to weather and the clash with the FA Cup, but should they get through to the latter stages of the Champions League and FA Cup, they could burn out.

I have cause for optimism, however we must take full advantage of our rivals congested fixture list, and not gift points to teams we should be beating at a canter.[/quote']

Other teams fixture list really has no relevance in my opinion, it don't change how we play and how we pay will dictate where we finish the season. I think to much is made of the Fixture List these clubs have massive squads and can juggle it around.

more fixtures means you are being more successful and that is what every fan wants.

After Swansea where we should hopefully get the win we have away games at Southampton, United and then Cardiff all in row that will go a long way to dictating where we finish. Southampton is a tough game and our recent record against them is woeful. Unted is always tough regardless of either sides form It is a tough task and Cardiff you would hope for a win.

But in winning a domestic cup' date=' you get a spot in qualifying for the Europa League. In going all out for a domestic cup, we could have dropped out of the top four and ended up playing an extended season in the 2nd tier of Europe and not qualifying for the Champions League next season as a busy European calendar distracts us from the league, and the snowball begins. No Europe has been a blessing, no Thursday night trips to faraway lands, however if we are to qualify for Europe this season, realistically it has to be Champions League or bust![/quote']

There is absolutely no reason why you shouldn't be able to compete for both the FA Cup and a top 4 finish, considering you don't have European games to deal with.

Gutted yesterday and still can't work out how we lost that game' date=' first half we were so so but second half we absolutely battered Arsenal and I still can't fathom how we lost.

The reality however is ther keeper was exceptional and some our finishing was not up to scratch Sturridge in particular had an off day but we can forgive him with the form he has displayed.

As for Howard Webb I just give up he screwed us at Chelsea and he screwed us again yesterday, I wouldn't mind but he is four yards from both incidents and has just bottled it no other explanation e best ref (cough,cough) in the country can't see such blatant things amazing.

Irrespective of that we just have to swallow it and move on, plenty of positives in our attacking play which is just absolutely thrilling to watch at times the pace, movement, cleverness, through balls, flicks and tricks forget Man City we are at this moment in time the best team to watch in the country.

The defensive frailties still exist but we know that and guess that's part of the reason we are so exciting to watch but we can't keep conceding two a game and hope to get away with it as shown yesterday sometimes for whatever reason bad finishing, bad luck etc you ain't always gunna be able to turn it around.

I thought Coutinho was excellent, Suarez was phenomenal in the second half when moved in the middle (I can't stand him being played wide left just negates him and is a constant bug bear of mine) but Raheem Sterling was absolutely sensational from start to finish.

Forget Januzaj, Sterling is at this moment in time the best young player in the country he continues to get better and better and is really flourishing great to see.[/quote']

Fabianski winning MOM says it all, Liverpool outplayed us for most of the game, and one of the few times a team actually dominates us at Possession in the Emirates.

Definately deserved a second penalty, I can only think the over reaction of Suarez (Look like he was shot lol) made Webb think he may of dived. But it was one of the most obvious pens not to be given. For once we got the luck of a ref :D

I think that will make it alot easier for you to finish top 4, maybe even challenge the title with City and Chelsea needing to go to Anfield. Definately have the tools to beat both of them.

Respuesta: Re: Official Liverpool Thread

Referring to the penalty:- surely Webb has to blow the whistle and give a yellow to Suarez for the dive (if he didn't give the penalty' date=' I'm not saying Suarez dived)? The fact he did neither just shows he bottled a big decision.[/quote']

Agreed. Cant rep cause i have to "spread the rep"

Hope Webb never refs another Liverpool match, 8 losses on the run with him reffing and according to Opta we've lost out on 6 big decisions with him reffing, never seen a ref bottle it twice against the same team in the same season in almost the exact same manner, guys an awful ref laughable that he's the best we have. No doubt he'll be reffing the United game now though.

Showing me a player's highlight reel isn't exactly the best way to prove that he's better.

the player's highlight aren't to prove he is better ' date=' the stats , the quality and the difference of character are overwhelming in Ibra's favor ,highlights are to show you that he doesn't have [b']just one great goal [/b];)

the player's highlight aren't to prove he is better ' date=' the stats , the quality and the difference of character are overwhelming in Ibra's favor ,highlights are to show you that he doesn't have [b']just one great goal [/b];)

I'm not getting drawn into another argument with you about this because you never see sense. Stats, quality and character? Well Suarez currently has the better stats (23 goals in 21 league games compared to Ibra's 19 in 24), quality is arbitrary and character has absolutely no impact on a player's ability.