• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Synyster

• ray1981

• Vendetta

• koplfc

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Liverpool Thread The end of another season and I just want to lay down some of my ideas, hopes and aspirations for our beloved LFC. It was a disappointing season, finishing 6th due to a

Re: Official Liverpool Thread I'm a complete Suarez convert. Couldn't care less what he's done in the past, or that he may have gone down slightly theatrically in the odd game or two. He absorbs qui

Re: Official Liverpool Thread Just compiled andy carroll's match highlights..

Posted Images

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

So, who watched Dnipro's game? I watched it because I firmly believe we'll go back for Konoplyanka in the Summer, and after watching the game I really hope we do. He was brilliant bar a couple of heavy touches. The opposition on his side wasn't great but roughly what he would be facing on average in the premier league. Buy him and we're pretty much set for attacking players.

So' date=' who watched Dnipro's game? I watched it because I firmly believe we'll go back for Konoplyanka in the Summer, and after watching the game I really hope we do. He was brilliant bar a couple of heavy touches. The opposition on his side wasn't [i']great[/i] but roughly what he would be facing on average in the premier league. Buy him and we're pretty much set for attacking players.

He was class

What has been happening then....

The Youth side progressed to the last eight of the FA Youth Cup with a very decent away win at Watford, a tie at Reading awaits in the last eight for Harry Wilson and company..

Jordon Ibe has joined Birmingham on loan for the rest if the season. Terrific move IMO just what he needs competitive games at a professional level and the Championship is as good a grounding as we might want him to have at the time being. Look forward to seeing how he gets on there, if they utilise him correctly got a terrific player on the books there.

Suso may well be extending his loan in Spain to next season as well he has confirmed. If he ain't gunna get a look in back here another years football could well be good for him although in an ideal world you might want that to be in the PL if we have any real ambition of seeing him be a big player for Liverpool.

Tiago Ilori has made a very promising start at Granada, never seen him play before the move but looks to be a real footballing centre half and reads the game very well on first impressions. Some of the passing he produced on debut was majestic for a CB, looks like he can step out the back line.

Where are you getting this from? He still has 2 years left on his contract when this season ends. I would estimate we'll get around 6-7M.

If he has 2 years left on his contract,the fee could easily be 10 mil plus,especially if he replaces Valdes,who according to +"the papers" looks City/Monaco bound.

If he has 2 years left on his contract' date='the fee could easily be 10 mil plus,especially if he replaces Valdes,who according to +"the papers" looks City/Monaco bound.[/quote']

Very much doubt that, around 5mil most likely

You might not be interested in all aspects of your club but I and many other Liverpool fans who use this thread are.....

Personally I think you should take an interest in all parts of the club whether it be the first team or the under 18s. Obviously the first team is the most important and I won't be too upset if the u21s lose but it's very interesting and enjoyable to follow the youth sides.

Very much doubt that' date=' around 5mil most likely

Personally I think you should take an interest in all parts of the club whether it be the first team or the under 18s. Obviously the first team is the most important and I won't be too upset if the u21s lose but it's very interesting and enjoyable to follow the youth sides.[/quote']

Just curious to know why you think it would be so low?

Goalkeepers historically go for daft prices.

Just curious to know why you think it would be so low?

Goalkeepers historically go for daft prices.

Age, form, position, the fact we don't want him with mingolet and his high wages. I don't think clubs will pay 10mil for him. At his peak I wouldn't have sold him for under 20 mil but I think the club will just try get him off our books.

I think that could have been one of the most cynical fouls I have ever seen in our U 21 game by some Stoke thug and yet he don't even get booked for it!! Instead our ne gets booked for nothing as far as I can see

The quality of referring in this country is absolutely woeful, that is an unbelievably bad bit of referring it is like watching a clone of Howard Webb at U 21 level.

Really? Keepers are cheap.

Not really

Lloris 13 mil upwards depending on source 2012

Cech 11.5mil 2004

Sebastian Frey 12.5mil 1998

Perruzzi 16mil 2000

Perruzzi 15.5 2001

Da gea 17.5mil 2011

Frey(again) 18.5mil

Toldo 23.5mil 2000

Neuer 24mil

And the clincher Buffon 47.5mil:eek:

Good goalkeepers certainly aint cheap,even Begovic at Stoke has been bandied around the 15mil mark,this may be cheap to City;) not too most though

Not really

Cech 11.5mil 2004

Perruzzi 16mil 2000

Perruzzi 15.5 2001

Da gea 17.5mil 2011

Frey(again) 18.5mil

Toldo 23.5mil 2000

Neuer 24mil

Good goalkeepers certainly aint cheap' date='even Begovic at Stoke has been bandied around the 15mil mark,this may be cheap to City;) not too most though[/quote']

Yeah but those are some of the best keepers in the world from their respective times...

Compare it to strikers (and creative midfielders) and it's not impressive at all really.

Not really

Cech 11.5mil 2004

Perruzzi 16mil 2000

Perruzzi 15.5 2001

Da gea 17.5mil 2011

Frey(again) 18.5mil

Toldo 23.5mil 2000

Neuer 24mil

Good goalkeepers certainly aint cheap' date='even Begovic at Stoke has been bandied around the 15mil mark,this may be cheap to City;) not too most though[/quote']

So 9 of the 10 most expensive goalkeepers in history were cheaper than Ozil, Willian, Matic, Jovetic, Fernandinho, Fellaini, Mata, Soldado and Lamela, and they're just players who've moved to the PL this season.

The Premier League's keepers at the moment cost: Szczesny [youth], Guzan [free], Marshall [500k], Cech [7m], Speroni [500k], Howard [3m], Stekelenburg [4.76m], McGregor [1.2m], Mignolet [10m], Hart [1.5m], De Gea [18.9m], Krul [youth], Ruddy [free], Boruc [free], Begovic [3.25m], Vorm [1.5m], Lloris [12m], Foster [3.5m], Jaaskelainen [free].

That totals £64.46m for 20, generally very good, goalkeepers, which works out at £3.2m per player (or £3.6m if you don't include the youth players).

Keepers are cheap.

Yeah but those are some of the best keepers in the world from their respective times...

Compare it to strikers (and creative midfielders) and it's not impressive at all really.

I was talking Historically,Keepers do go for big fee's,even Mignolet went for 9mil rising to 12mil according to various targets met i believe.

To be fair Mignolet is hardly better than Reina,easily believe Reina could fetch 9-10 mil upwards.

So 9 of the 10 most expensive goalkeepers in history were cheaper than Ozil' date=' Willian, Matic, Jovetic, Fernandinho, Fellaini, Mata, Soldado and Lamela, and they're just players who've moved to the PL this season.

The Premier League's keepers at the moment cost: Szczesny [youth'], Guzan [free], Marshall [500k], Cech [7m], Speroni [500k], Howard [3m], Stekelenburg [4.76m], McGregor [1.2m], Mignolet [10m], Hart [1.5m], De Gea [18.9m], Krul [youth], Ruddy [free], Boruc [free], Begovic [3.25m], Vorm [1.5m], Lloris [12m], Foster [3.5m], Jaaskelainen [free].

That totals £64.46m for 20, generally very good, goalkeepers, which works out at £3.2m per player (or £3.6m if you don't include the youth players).

Keepers are cheap.

3/4 of the keepers you named are no where near Reina's Quality,we will see in the summer,but i doubt he would go for less than 10mil.

If he is contracted for another 2 years,what would be the point of selling him cheaply?

Most of the transfer fee's you mention are inflated as clubs know City,Chelsea will pay daft fee's for players.

To add Spurs,who every club in the world knew they had cash burning a hole in their pockets after selling Bale.

What would a top keeper go for now? Neuer? Courtois? even Stegen,Da Gea

Certainly more than any player you mentioned.

3/4 of the keepers you named are no where near Reina's Quality' date='we will see in the summer,but i doubt he would go for less than 10mil.

If he is contracted for another 2 years,what would be the point of selling him cheaply?[/quote']

I disagree. The Reina of the last few seasons was nothing like the Reina a little longer ago. I'd put around half at his level, and certainly 8 of them. Plus, only two in that list sold for more than £10m.

Liverpool will have to sell because they cannot afford to keep one of him or Mignolet as a second choice on the wages they'll be on. Selling now might get them a transfer fee of near £10m if Liverpool are lucky, but not selling him this summer will just mean they'll lose him even cheaper when his contract has run down further.