• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Synyster

• ray1981

• Vendetta

• koplfc

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Liverpool Thread The end of another season and I just want to lay down some of my ideas, hopes and aspirations for our beloved LFC. It was a disappointing season, finishing 6th due to a

Re: Official Liverpool Thread I'm a complete Suarez convert. Couldn't care less what he's done in the past, or that he may have gone down slightly theatrically in the odd game or two. He absorbs qui

Re: Official Liverpool Thread Just compiled andy carroll's match highlights..

Posted Images

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

Only what a lifetime of supporting Liverpool teaches you :P

How does supporting Liverpool make you miserable? Try never seeing your team win a trophy, only signing players when we sell our best players and getting battered every time we go to Anfield.

EDIT: You have probably saw Liverpool win every major trophy available bar the league, nothing to make you miserable that.

How does supporting Liverpool make you miserable? Try never seeing your team win a trophy' date=' only signing players when we sell our best players and getting battered every time we go to Anfield.

EDIT: You have probably saw Liverpool win every major trophy available bar the league, nothing to make you miserable that.[/quote']

I think Hicks and Gillette have contributed to the misery, add Hodgson to that as well ;)

I never used to be miserable about football, post 2008 though...

Forgot to add that i've grown up in Manchester as a Liverpool fan which might go someone to explaining my pessimism when it comes to football.

How does supporting Liverpool make you miserable? Try never seeing your team win a trophy' date=' only signing players when we sell our best players and getting battered every time we go to Anfield.

EDIT: You have probably saw Liverpool win every major trophy available bar the league, nothing to make you miserable that.[/quote']

It's about perspective. For years we've been considered a team that should be winning leagues yet for years we've been going backwards. Many times it looks like we were getting back to where we 'Belong' yet many times it hasn't gone that way. Not to mention we often make it a lot harder than it should be. I do understand what you're getting at though. I'm just glad I'm not a leeds fan, they're really having a tough few years

I doubt anyone here really cares what Everton fans have gone through. They see their club under-achieving and that's all that matters. As an Arsenal fan, it's a well known fact we've got the most embarrassing set of neighbours on the planet but it doesn't make our dismal failures of recent years any easier to swallow.

I doubt anyone here really cares what Everton fans have gone through. They see their club under-achieving and that's all that matters. As an Arsenal fan' date=' it's a well known fact we've got the most embarrassing set of neighbours on the planet but it doesn't make our dismal failures of recent years any easier to swallow.[/quote']

Because what have they got to be miserable about in the grand scheme of things? Things are starting to look bright for Liverpool, they get to see top class players play for their team over the last few years such as Gerrard, Carragher, Reina(In his prime), Alonso, Suarez, Torres and Mascherano, they have also won 11 trophies in the last 15 years on top of this as well as getting to a few more finals and being in the CL for a lot of them years. If all that makes someone miserable I and majority of other fans might as well go and jump in front of a bus.

Because what have they got to be miserable about in the grand scheme of things? Things are starting to look bright for Liverpool' date=' they get to see top class players play for their team over the last few years such as Gerrard, Carragher, Reina(In his prime), Alonso, Suarez, Torres and Mascherano, they have also won 11 trophies in the last 15 years on top of this as well as getting to a few more finals and being in the CL for a lot of them years. If all that makes someone miserable I and majority of other fans might as well go and jump in front of a bus.[/quote']

Not as if several of the people on here can remember the real glory days either. Liverpool have only really ever known success recently.

Because what have they got to be miserable about in the grand scheme of things?.

Living in the NORTH for one thing.

Thing is, fans of BIG clubs grow accustomed to success and become somewhat spoilt by it, i include myself in that. And with that, you do lose sight of realism a tad. Liverpool went from 2 CL fans in 3 years to very little, Arsenal went from the greatesr team in English history to Denilson and Song and so on. It can be pretty hard to swallow.

Thing is' date=' fans of BIG clubs grow accustomed to success and become somewhat spoilt by it, i include myself in that. And with that, you do lose sight of realism a tad. Liverpool went from 2 CL fans in 3 years to very little, Arsenal went from the greatesr team in English history to Denilson and Song and so on. It can be pretty hard to swallow.[/quote']

Nice to see a sensible post from you. Like it. That sounds like a compliment. Ignore me

Thing is' date=' fans of BIG clubs grow accustomed to success and become somewhat spoilt by it, i include myself in that. And with that, you do lose sight of realism a tad. Liverpool went from 2 CL fans in 3 years to very little, Arsenal went from the greatesr team in English history to Denilson and Song and so on. It can be pretty hard to swallow.[/quote']

Why is living in the North bad? In my experience Liverpool is a much better city to live in and visit than London and Manchester isn't bad either.

I can see what your saying with your second point but from an outsiders point of view it just looks like there isn't much to be miserable about compared to everyone else.

Thought Allen was very good when he came on. Anyone agree?

AnfieldIndex ‏@AnfieldIndex 12h

#LFC Possession Wins Today

10: Gerrard & Migs

7: Skrtel' date=' Coutinho & [b']ALLEN[/b] (in 32')

6: Johnson

4: Flano, Agger

3: Suarez, Sterling

2: Hendo

AnfieldIndex ‏@AnfieldIndex 12h

#LFC Tackle Won Stats Today

6 - Johnson

5 - Flanagan & ALLEN (in 32')

4 - Henderson

2 - Coutinho

1 - Agger, Gerrard & Sturridge

Very impressive considering he did those in just half an hour. Henderson scoring twice yday & Coutinho rediscovering his form is pretty unlucky for him:p Great thing for us, having some sort of quality as back-up.

Thought Allen was very good when he came on. Anyone agree?

Yes, he was. Think he needs to start in certain away games to add some control to the midfield. He will be very important too us when we are in Europe next year and have to rotate a lot.

He never was or is a bad player. He's good to have in the squad.

Do you think Flanagan has got what it takes to becomes a longterm Liverpool player? Or is he just filling in for injuries.

Long term Utility player IMO, back up, will still get games but not a regular. He does remind me a bit of arbeloa though which isn't the worst comparison

Long term Utility player IMO' date=' back up, will still get games but not a regular. He does remind me a bit of arbeloa though which isn't the worst comparison[/quote']

Yeah,why not. I've said before he shouldn't be a regular for long term but he's good to have as squad player. Have already shown this season he's capable to do the job and his skills and confidence improved a lot. He's homegrown aswell so that's another plus point which makes us don't need to buy homegrown players for big prices. Could play on both flanks so that'll make him a perfect squad player IMO

Flanagan definitely isn't leaving any time soon. Not only because at least one of our current full-backs is leaving in the Summer but also because he's good enough to play against most teams in the league. His pace and agility let him down a little bit but he has plenty of other qualities. He made his debut ages ago so a lot of people forget that he's still young and should be developing quite a bit in the future.

A question mainly for the non-LFC fans but Liverpool fans can weigh in too obviously: At what point will it be fair to consider Sturridge to be better than Torres ever was for Liverpool?

Flanagan definitely isn't leaving any time soon. Not only because at least one of our current full-backs is leaving in the Summer but also because he's good enough to play against most teams in the league. His pace and agility let him down a little bit but he has plenty of other qualities. He made his debut ages ago so a lot of people forget that he's still young and should be developing quite a bit in the future.

A question mainly for the non-LFC fans but Liverpool fans can weigh in too obviously: At what point will it be fair to consider Sturridge to be better than Torres ever was for Liverpool?

I'm a massive fan of Flanagan and not sure why people think so little of him, its like when people started bashing Sterling, and this season he has shoved that back in their faces.

I think you make a good point re pace and agility, but surely that was the same as Carragher and look at the legacy he left behind.

Re Sturridge/Torres I would probably say when he wins a trophy at you - I was researching and I am amazed to see Torres didnt win a trophy with you guys! Crazy stuff.