• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Synyster

• ray1981

• Vendetta

• koplfc

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Liverpool Thread The end of another season and I just want to lay down some of my ideas, hopes and aspirations for our beloved LFC. It was a disappointing season, finishing 6th due to a

Re: Official Liverpool Thread I'm a complete Suarez convert. Couldn't care less what he's done in the past, or that he may have gone down slightly theatrically in the odd game or two. He absorbs qui

Re: Official Liverpool Thread Just compiled andy carroll's match highlights..

Posted Images

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

Flanagan was iffy today but it didn't matter he'll learn and move on. Good to see Suarez firing again and great to see how important Sterling is becoming.

He gets done for pace all the time, I think teams are beginning to figure him out now, knock the ball a few yards past him and he's done for. Routledge done it time and time again last week and Shaw did it this.

It's very hard not to get excited about the possibility of winning the league when the huge majority of Liverpool fans are talking about, but I can't see it yet. It's a shame Chelsea have Mourinho and City have a squad worth approx £48bn, because we'll probably end the season with a very respectable points tally and simply lose to those two being too strong. I will be slightly disappointed if we don't now get a top 3 finish and get an automatic qualification to the CL group stages.

Today's performance: Coutinho weak, Johnson infuriating, Skrtel-Agger solid, Mignolet good, Flanno ok, Sturridge ok, Gerrard good, Suarez best in the league, Henderson and Allen ok, Sterling very good. Between 25 and 45 we struggled but other than that we were pretty safe and looked dangerous whenever we attacked. Although in that first half our passing wasn't good at all, we seemed to have the right kind of mixture of patient build up play, quick counter attacks and no nonsense long balls when under pressure. Rodgers is the man.

2 week break and then it's United at Old Trafford. Bring it on.

Tremendous victory in a very tricky fixture. Southampton are a very good team and you have to expect to sustain periods of pressure like we did for the last twenty minutes of the first half, but all in all I though we defended very well and kept things comfortable to an extent particuarly after the second goal.

Think a bit harsh sme of the criticism of Johnson today yes he was not spectacular but he done a job and is still finding his way back from injury. Skrtel I thought was immense especially in that rocky period in the first half and as a side we defended a lot better.

Going forward again we look threatening every time we go forward, Suarez was back to his very best today his movement is so so clever. Sturridge again very similar.

Coutinho had an off day but he has provided plenty of quality in recent weeks and we can forgive him that. Allen helped today and I think that could be a ploy for away games that we see used more often.

Fantastic win, edges us closer the old mantra a game at a time is so so true, United away will be a very tough game form never matters in this game and to win there will take a huge performance.

So do you think Liverpool can finish above Arsnal this season?:)

It's in our hands and I don't see a reason why not. Having looked at Chelsea's fixture list for the rest of the season, we have no chance of the title unless we win both Chelsea and City. 4th would be a great achievement but now we have a proper chance of 3rd place and I hope we get it.

Also, something I read a few days ago: If we get to CL group stages we'll be in pot 3.

Don't mind getting the hardest draw in the world, I want us in the CL to watch us playing the best teams :P, those nights at Anfield are badly missed.

I also don't think we will win the title, have some very hard games left and also even the 'lesser' games we are more than capable of dropping points.

Away to Utd next will be VERY hard to get the win, regardless of league position, when Man Utd used to be top and we was 7th / 8th did they get an easy game at Anfield? we still won more often than not at home and we never had the players they currently do.

And the home games against Chelsea and City can go either way

Basically bound to get a very tough draw.

I don't even care as long as we're in the competition. It'll be Rodgers' first season in CL and having been out of the competition for 4 years, the expectations will be low. A lot of the players won't be used to that many games meaning it could harm our league campaign so it won't be the end of the world if we don't get that far in the competition. As long as we don't finish 3rd of our group and end up in the Europa League, I'll be happy.:o

And there will be plenty of teams in pot 1 & 2 who we'll be able to beat on our day if we strengthen in the Summer (which we will, obviously).

I don't even care as long as we're in the competition. It'll be Rodgers' first season in CL and having been out of the competition for 4 years' date=' the expectations will be low. A lot of the players won't be used to that many games meaning it could harm our league campaign so it won't be the end of the world if we don't get that far in the competition. As long as we don't finish 3rd of our group and end up in the Europa League, I'll be happy.:o

And there will be plenty of teams in pot 1 & 2 who we'll be able to beat on our day if we strengthen in the Summer (which we will, obviously).[/quote']

So we get into the CL for 1 season, it harms our league campaign, and we end up in the Europa League the following season, or worst, no European football at all? Logic..

Pot one and two in this year's CL group stage draw. We could beat half of those teams.

Pot One: Bayern Munich, Barcelona, Chelsea, Real Madrid, Manchester United, Arsenal, FC Porto, Benfica.

Pot Two: Atletico Madrid, Shakhtar Donetsk, AC Milan, Schalke, Marseille, CSKA Moscow, PSG, Juventus

So we get into the CL for 1 season' date=' it harms our league campaign, and we end up in the Europa League the following season, or worst, no European football at all? Logic..[/quote']

What? I'm saying being in the CL can harm our league campaign (which is pretty obvious) and because the expectations should be low, it's almost irrelevant what kind of success we have there. League has to be the priority so that we can solidify our position as a top 4 team/title contenders. We need CL so we can attract better players and build a team able to properly challenge in the CL in a few years.

I never said I want us to get to the CL for one season only:confused::confused:

So we get into the CL for 1 season' date=' it harms our league campaign, and we end up in the Europa League the following season, or worst, no European football at all? Logic..[/quote']

The above makes no logic to me, so what are we supposed to do then? :confused:

Even if we had an easy group and got through and then lost to Barca or someone, what difference would that make to our league campaign? (I mean over say going out in the groups after playing against 2 top sides)

I don't think if we finished 3rd Rodgers would make the Europa league a priority anyway.

The CL WILL affect our league campaign regardless, but we need to be in it so it can't be helped.

Our squad at anytime has never been that great anyway and we managed to do well in the CL AND in the league under Rafa, no reason Rodgers can't do the same.

But regardless of that, all of that stuff of who we get in the group is totally out of our control so what difference does it make?