Official Liverpool Thread

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

One of them has started a Twitter up saying they want Suarez for free and 4.5m compensation' date=' he said so because "his dad's a lawyer". It is actually so cringeworthy.

Besides, who needs Suarez when they have Yaya Sanogoals.[/quote']

Yeah that account is great, I might even sign the petition to #FreeSuarez

• Replies 39k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Synyster

• ray1981

• Vendetta

• koplfc

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Liverpool Thread The end of another season and I just want to lay down some of my ideas, hopes and aspirations for our beloved LFC. It was a disappointing season, finishing 6th due to a

Re: Official Liverpool Thread I'm a complete Suarez convert. Couldn't care less what he's done in the past, or that he may have gone down slightly theatrically in the odd game or two. He absorbs qui

Re: Official Liverpool Thread Just compiled andy carroll's match highlights..

Posted Images

If anyone fancies a laugh, go to Spurs, Arsenal, Everton or United forums and see what they're saying about us:D.

Here's a couple of gems from an Arsenal forum (around a week ago):

Liverpool's squad is a train wreck and Brentan's signings have been thoroughly awful apart from Sturridge. They'll finish sixth or seventh at best next season. Brentan will also spend ~50m on more Aspases, Allens and, maybe, Konoplyanka who won't take them up a level (much like Spurs's spending spree on third/fourth tier players over the years).
Liverpool will have played roughly 42 games this season. No way will they be able to last the rigours of an entire season with CL football without signing 2-3 additional players of a high level and revamping that god awful back line.
Yeah CL will kill Liverpool
Next season if they do manage CL football, which admittedly is looking likely, they'll need a whole host of signings tbh, especially with one or two loans expiring and a further declining 'talisman'.

Yes, because Cissokho and Moses have been key for us:D We have better players returning from loans than leaving.

The most deluded of them all:

Na I can't give Rodgers compete credit. He selects his team well, can understand how to play attacking football but there's nothing of real substance. This talk of "sexy" football only exists upfront... Why? Maybe it's the fact he has two players in world class form. His defence is filled with clowns, the midfield is filed with clowns etc etc. Gerrard can't hack his role because he doesn't know how to do it, and Rodgers can't teach him because he isn't tactically aware enough compared to someone like Conte.

His purchase of Allen sort of summarises the type of game he plays. He likes possession football, continually cites it and says his management style is "continental". However, Allen is the type of player who separates the best from the impostors. He recycle the ball, retains possession etc but does f all with it. Rodgers seems like the same type of manager, he can watch Barcelona play and try to replicate it, but you can only get so far without true tactical understanding. Rodgers could quite easily fall into that Redknapp zone of selecting the right players, playing attacking football but there's nothing else to his game.

We've had the advantage of not playing in Europe but why are they acting like we'll forget to buy anyone in the Summer? You can bring up the likes of Aspas as a flop but there's a good chance we'll have a lot to spend next Summer and that we'll be able to attract the likes of Mkhitaryan & Diego Costa.

Redcafe is excellent because whether they're calling us a set piece side or admitting that we're pretty good now, it's lovely to read.:)

Btw, we'll apparently sell Borini in the Summer. That's roughly 10M added to our transfer budget and we have a couple of others in our books who we can sell without really weakening our squad (Reina, Assaidi).

I want him to stay regardless. I like him' date=' and he's been decent for Sunderland. In addition to that, there's no point in selling when we need to add players, and I believe he's good enough to play a bit-part role here, I think he should stay.[/quote']

I personally don't think he fits the style we play, and don't think hes good enough for us to change the way we play to suit him.

I also think hes too good just to be a bit part sub and needs to play somewhere he will get regular football for a team that suits him.

Can't really anyone paying 10m for Borini. Better off keeping him.

He's still pretty highly rated in Italy and I can see Sunderland wanting to buy him if they have money and don't get relegated. I think we can get 10M for him.

I want him to stay regardless. I like him' date=' and he's been decent for Sunderland. In addition to that, there's no point in selling when we need to add players, and I believe he's good enough to play a bit-part role here, I think he should stay.[/quote']

Based on his time here and at Sunderland he doesn't seem to be the type of player who can come off the bench and make a big impact. I think he needs a lot of minutes consistently to be any good, and he won't get them here next season even if we have 15 games more compared to this season.

Not too sure what's amusing about the one where you'll need to sign more players next season with European football, as not having that this year has been great for Liverpool. They have a pretty tidy team and pretty fantastic in certain positions but it will certainly need work in the summer.

Don't worry though your board will stump up the cash as always.

Not too sure what's amusing about the one where you'll need to sign more players next season with European football' date=' as not having that this year has been great for Liverpool. They have a pretty tidy team and pretty fantastic in certain positions but it will certainly need work in the summer.

Don't worry though your board will stump up the cash as always.[/quote']

Just the assumption that we won't.

Good result for us today really, as much as we could dream of winning the title I think Chelsea will win it and City will finish second.

With that in mind I think the CL needs to be the main target still and now if we lose away to Utd (which I think will happen :( ) we will still have a 6 point gap.

If we do win against Utd tho which if we play to our best is very possible, will have a 9 point gap for the CL :eek:

Would love to win at Utd though and bury any hopes of CL football for them :o

Quite incredible game in the Youth Cup QF at Reading...

4-4 going to penalties switch on to LFC TV to see it right now.

Ain't watched it but the story of the game last minute equalisers in normal and extra time, chances galore looks like a right belter!!

EDIT: Exited 5-4 on penalties....

Quite incredible game in the Youth Cup QF at Reading...

4-4 going to penalties switch on to LFC TV to see it right now.

Ain't watched it but the story of the game last minute equalisers in normal and extra time' date=' chances galore looks like a right belter!!

EDIT: Exited 5-4 on penalties....[/quote']

5 quality pens from Reading!

7 points off top' date=' 2 games in hand.

Tomorrow's match is absolutely huge[/quote']

We will lose....(I am hoping my run of pessimism before a big game continues with it's normal trend this season ;))

But seriously really tough match tomorrow no denying that, any result at United is always hard earned.