• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Synyster

• ray1981

• Vendetta

• koplfc

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Liverpool Thread The end of another season and I just want to lay down some of my ideas, hopes and aspirations for our beloved LFC. It was a disappointing season, finishing 6th due to a

Re: Official Liverpool Thread I'm a complete Suarez convert. Couldn't care less what he's done in the past, or that he may have gone down slightly theatrically in the odd game or two. He absorbs qui

Re: Official Liverpool Thread Just compiled andy carroll's match highlights..

Posted Images

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

Yes' date=' it only took 20 something years.[/quote']

Who cares......we live in the here and now....if it makes Frozy feel better so be it, strange I thought we were the ones who apparently hark on about history all the time....

Still confident Southampton will finish ahead of us??

Who cares......we live in the here and now....if it makes Frozy feel better so be it' date=' strange I thought we were the ones who apparently hark on about history all the time....

Still confident Southampton will finish ahead of us??[/quote']

You've done very well, i'll give you that. I didn't see it coming. I doubt you did either. Now you're up there, i hope you take it as far as possible. Certainly better to see teams like Liverpool and/or Arsenal challenging then the plastic clubs.

Well done to you lot on the win, fully deserved. We were awful and lacked everything.

If anyone is to win it I would like to see you lot go on and win the league.

Also read on one of the websites today that Barcelona are preparing to take Brandon Rogers next season to replace there current dismal manager.

Just wanted to know what Liverpool fans thought about this and if it would even be possible.

Even if it was true (which it won't be) Rodgers won't go to barca anyway, most of our players probably would given the chance but the manager will not, for the same reasons he turned down the chance to talk to Chelsea 3 seasons ago and for the same reason he originally turned the chance to speak to us down before taking over, he talks about it all the time.

People always say that when it comes to games between two fierce rivals you can throw the form guide, suspensions/injuries etc out the window but I feel yesterday's result reflected the gap between us and United quite accurately. It felt like a routine win for us which really says something about United at the moment.

From the players who played yesterday I'd like to give a special mention to Flanagan. His level of composure for someone his age is really, really good and he's not afraid to do things with the ball even though he's not the typical modern full-back a la Dani Alves. He'll definitely be a valuable player for us for years to come.

I feel City and Chelsea are still massive favorites for the title but we could be mathematically in the title race up until the very last round. Which would be an incredible achievement.

So So Good yesterday, everybody talks about how bad United were but forget that we made them look that poor. As Comprehensive an away win at Old Trafford as. Have seen any team ever have, outplayed, outclassed, outhtought, whatever adjective you like.

Stevie got all the plaudits and rightly so he has been superb all season, still baffles me sme people wanted him sent to the knackers yard or questioned his place in our team some time back, on balance probably the best CM in the Premier League this season.

But my MOTM yesterday for all of Stevie's brilliance, the class of Suarez and Sturridge was Henderson. You simply cannot believe how much of a transformation one player can have he was everywhere yesterday his work rate, his energy, his tireless movement which creates space for others can so often go unnoticed and not to mention on the ball he is showing really quality now, not bad for a player who can't run properly apparently :rolleyes:

Another player not mentioned much was Johnson who I think is getting back to his normal level been a marked improvement in his game since taking the break for the injuries and he is a big asset when in good form.

Another win, another clean sheet as well I am not sure how long this can last but the old adages are the best a game at a time and Brendon was right we have to approach Cardiff with the same intensity and focus as the United game and hopefully we can get the result we all want.

Whatever happens between now and the end of the season it has been a PRIVILEGE to watch us this season and I don't use that word lightly, some of the football we produce has been breathtaking at times.....long may it continue.

Agree with Ray that break that Johnson got has helped him ten-fold, looks a lot like the player he was pre-injuries and that's only a good thing going into the final part of the season. Flanagan as well is growing more mature, used to be worried when he picked up the odd yellow card that he would be walking but he's much smarter now and seems like he's got his head down and saved his career here.

Also can finally see the difference having a settled back 4 that's been unchanged for 4 matches can do, two nice clean sheets in a row both away at Southampton and United is no mean feat, Mignolets confidence seems to be growing as well, albeit he was only tested once by United but his save against Southampton at 1 - 0 was one of the best of the season.

Even if it was true (which it won't be) Rodgers won't go to barca anyway' date=' most of our players probably would given the chance but the manager will not, for the same reasons he turned down the chance to talk to Chelsea 3 seasons ago and for the same reason he originally turned the chance to speak to us down before taking over, he talks about it all the time.[/quote']

Agreed. Rogers is at Liverpool for the long term and by long term I mean perhaps forever. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if in the year 2025 Rogers is still Liverpool manager. Maybe I am exaggerating but I can see him going down as a great. I admit some of the views shared by Antony Kastrinakis on Sunday Supplement convinced me but I was already sure that Rogers is a top manager. I actually remember a forumer (Infernito I think) having Rogers on a list of managers who should replace Wenger. He was Swansea manager and at the time I said he's not ready for a top club just yet he needs another club before he reaches that level. How wrong was I.

Think people are going slightly over the top with Rodgers atm' date=' need to calm down a bit. Just let him develop and we'll see where he takes us.[/quote']

Exactly. Things are very promising but things looked very promising initially under Kenny for you guys. I think he'll be very good for you but this summer is crucial. You've had it very easy this season with no European games and few domestic cup games so will need more strength in depth next time round.

Think people are going slightly over the top with Rodgers atm' date=' need to calm down a bit. Just let him develop and we'll see where he takes us.[/quote']

I did say I may be exaggerating :P

Exactly. Things are very promising but things looked very promising initially under Kenny for you guys. I think he'll be very good for you but this summer is crucial. You've had it very easy this season with no European games and few domestic cup games so will need more strength in depth next time round.

Initially under Kenny? :confused:The Rogers reign is a lot further down then the early stages of Kenny's reign with the club (second spell in charge of course).

I agree though the summer will be crucial. And next season will be something new to Rogers juggling Champions League football with domestic competition. Will definitely need a stronger squad to cope with it. But I get the impression the board are backing Rogers and he will spend the money wisely. He tried to sign players like Diego Costa so he's ambitious and trying to get quality rather than quantity. Something I certainly agree with.

Initially under Kenny? :confused:The Rogers reign is a lot further down then the early stages of Kenny's reign with the club (second spell in charge of course).

I agree though the summer will be crucial. And next season will be something new to Rogers juggling Champions League football with domestic competition. Will definitely need a stronger squad to cope with it. But I get the impression the board are backing Rogers and he will spend the money wisely. He tried to sign players like Diego Costa so he's ambitious and trying to get quality rather than quantity. Something I certainly agree with.

Kenny took over from Hodgson on a caretaker basis for half a season and was very good. Then he got the job permanently and was appalling. I'm just making the point that it's still very early in Rodgers' Liverpool career.

The board are backing him but Liverpool made a rather large loss last year and they can't afford to do that with FFP hurting clubs qualifying for Europe.

Kenny took over from Hodgson on a caretaker basis for half a season and was very good. Then he got the job permanently and was appalling. I'm just making the point that it's still very early in Rodgers' Liverpool career.

The board are backing him but Liverpool made a rather large loss last year and they can't afford to do that with FFP hurting clubs qualifying for Europe.

FFP won't come into effect until the season after next and by then the loss will be turned around, even thou showed a 70 million loss a lot of that was paying debts down, Liverpool are in a very strong position financially

Hi. :)

Just wanna share with you guys (since we are like big family here, at least in my mind) I passed my Internal Medicine paper and currently on my final year. Add to our win last night; I'm very, very happy man right now.

The lack of posting on my part in this thread is because I'm taking a small break from 'all football' time and focus a lil bit on my study since I flunked the paper earlier.

Not gonna lie but I need to refrained myself from diving into discussion all the time, especially when there is so many interesting topic been raised. lol

Hope you guys don't mind this short message as I only want to share the good news. :)

To keep it on topic, I like what Rodgers tried with Sterling yesterday.

The first thing that spring onto my mind when I saw him playing there is, "Rodgers want to do what Wenger tries to do with Chambo in Palace game".

Even though it doesn't not work out as well as he planned imo, it does add another dimension to our midfield area and could mold new playing style into Sterling (not only depending on pace).

Sterling ball control and shielding of the ball is already good imo. But need to raised his awareness and his upper body strength to make it (playing centrally) work tho.

For now, I'd say let stick the kid on the wing and focused on getting as much goals as we can, since he is more of the use on the wing rather than that position, unless we are already cruising or playing against the lesser team, like yesterday.

Congratulations Vendetta.

One thing I don't think is a coincidence though is how Rodgers, by far the best British manager, bases his managerial philosophy through foreign styles/vision. From being brought through Chelsea with Mourinho's team to visiting Ajax and spending time there. Just shows how Britain's vision on how to play football is very wrong atm.

Alex Inglethorpe our youth coach is like this as well. He could be one to watch for.

James Nursey ‏@JamesNursey 4m

Re: #LFC for Rodrigo, its from Portugal source who told me here on April 26, 2013 LFC for Ilori & May 7 Mourinho to take Matic bak 2 #CFC

Interesting. No idea how good he is or if there's actually anything to the story but I can imagine someone like him being a target for us.

Dnipro claiming Konoplyanka is going to go to Spurs. An attempt to rise the price or actual truth? Don't really want him anymore anyway' date=' if we end up making champions league which is looking quite likely then we will need and could do better.[/quote']

there isnt much better at that price