Official Liverpool Thread

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

Raz

Can't be bothered to respond to your rant as been over this with you time and time again but please use paragraphs in future' date=' really difficult to read your posts when they are formatted like the last one the first lengthy paragraph anyhow. :)

We would be pot three but lets remember if we finish fourth then we still have to qualify there are no guarantees.

We ain't even secured top four yet so lets just wait and see how it plays out agree with Foster though I want to see the big teams at Anfield that's what you miss, not a Victoria Pilzen or the likes.[/quote']

Thanks for the answer pal.Your answer to my post is about paragraphs.Exactly what I expected :).

• Replies 39k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Synyster

• ray1981

• Vendetta

• koplfc

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Liverpool Thread The end of another season and I just want to lay down some of my ideas, hopes and aspirations for our beloved LFC. It was a disappointing season, finishing 6th due to a

Re: Official Liverpool Thread I'm a complete Suarez convert. Couldn't care less what he's done in the past, or that he may have gone down slightly theatrically in the odd game or two. He absorbs qui

Re: Official Liverpool Thread Just compiled andy carroll's match highlights..

Posted Images

No' date='it isn't.Bar Bayern who's from another world in comparasion to any other team look at the table.Its amazingly tight everywhere.For UCL spots,for relegation,for UEL.Bundesliga's amazingly competitive bar the title where the BEST team of this world plays surprinsingly in Bundesliga aswell.

[b']So it isn't competitive for him then is it?[/b]

You keep saying the same thing without any base.Look at Bundesliga's football.Its 10x times more entartaining to watch than PL and thats in the advantage of offensive players.In Bundesliga you have like 3 goals per game?In Bundesliga you have the best fans in the world,the best stadiums.This is football,this is the real football.Keep lying yourself with "PL is the best".Honestly,thats myth,thats reputation.The world is built on reputation,football is built on reputation only when you look at the awards,but I expected you Ray to understand more than reputation.Your PL,your England,your NT isnt what it used to be and the other leagues stepped up massively,especially Bundesliga.Wake up pal.Go and look at the BuLi table bar Bayern who would need a special Bundesliga and a special Champions League where they'd be alone there.This is just my opinion,so is yours.What league is better is pretty irrelevant in this case anyway as long as you play for Bayern.

The best stadiums, the best fans and the most entertainment? That is all your opinion.

Yes,he'd be called a star.He comes from Bayern,he comes as a super talent from Bayern's bench.He'd automatically start in your team,he'd be a main target for most of the balls.He'd be a star,definetly.From Bayern's bench,I say it again.Ironically,a top 4 team wants a bench warmer from a BuLi team for the XI?Nice :).

A bit like Boateng joining Bayern from City then?

Ribery and Robben aren't getting any younger.Pep's an amazing psychologist and if he wants to convince SHaqiri to stay,he will.Shaqiri got gametime after he came from injury,he scored,he did his job.

Yes but at this stage in his career he needs to be starting games every week. He doesn't need a psychologist he needs to be playing.

You are not an attraction.What would attract me if I already play for Bayern with the best out of the best at Pool?Nothing.

Scouse Birds, City of Liverpool, Liverpool's History, CL, pay rise... You never know he might be a massive Beatles fan.

Because a couple of delusional Liverpool fans think that Suarez is better than Ibra or PL is anything but not from this world,it doesn't mean thats true though.

I will end it here.If you want to continue,take it via VM/PM.

Answers in bold.

Liverpool will host an all-star game to honor the 25th anniversary for those fans who died in the 1989 Hillsborough tragedy.

Liverpool legend Kenny Dalglish and skipper Steven Gerrard joined Hillsborough Family Support Group chairperson Margaret Aspinall at the club's training ground this week and the trio revealed that the occasion would be a real tribute to the victims of the tragedy.

According to the Mirror, Dalglish, former boss and current director of Liverpool, will manage one of the teams in the game, taking charge of legends like Robbie Fowler, Peter Beardsley, Gary McAllister and Steve McManaman who will form a British team.

Another former boss Gerard Houllier will manage a team of former Liverpool overseas stars, with the likes of Luis Garcia and Jan Molby involved

Aspinall has called on the current fans of the club to celebrate the lives of the deceased fans on their 25th anniversary

Aspinall said that they want this to be a celebration of the 96 and they are looking to do something in conjunction with the 25th anniversary adding that they are also hoping that the all-star game would be a 'huge show of support'.

Answers in bold.

When you have to fight against Ribery,Robben Gotze ,Muller and so on=COMPETITION for him.Bayern as a team has no competition in UCL either so Shaqiri would have to move to a team from another galaxy.

No,its not all my opinion.Can you argue about fans?Can you argue about most entertaining?About stadiums?Around 3 goals in each game,I doubt that somebody from here can argue about fans,anyone who would argue would be insane even to compare PL fans with Bundesliga fans.Stadiums?Go and have a look at the stadiums.

Boateng been slaughtered and rubbish untill last year by everybody.He's now doing good enough.Jerome never joined as a star though.He's now rotating with Dante to play alongside Javi Martinez.Hardly a star tbh :)

He gets enough gametime at the best team in the world aswell anyway.

Payrise?hahahaha.If Beatles its all what you can do to attract a player,good luck with that!

When you have to fight against Ribery' date='Robben Gotze ,Muller and so on=COMPETITION for him.Bayern as a team has no competition in UCL either so Shaqiri would have to move to a team from another galaxy.

[b']But like I said he needs to be starting games week in week out not sit on the bench watching Robben dive at every given opportunity.[/b]

No,its not all my opinion.Can you argue about fans?Can you argue about most entertaining?About stadiums?Around 3 goals in each game,I doubt that somebody from here can argue about fans,anyone who would argue would be insane even to compare PL fans with Bundesliga fans.Stadiums?Go and have a look at the stadiums.

Yes it is opinion. The Premier League has had some fantastic games this year, look at Liverpool's wins over Everton, Spurs, United and Arsenal, look at some of City's win's the first Merseyside derby that was 3-3. Regarding the fans and the stadiums, it is all opinion I prefer the old fashioned English grounds such as Anfield and Goodison that are steeped in history and hold so many memories for people for over a hundred years. Also regarding the fans, that is also your opinion, there is no way to prove that their fans are better.

Boateng been slaughtered and rubbish untill last year by everybody.He's now doing good enough.Jerome never joined as a star though.He's now rotating with Dante to play alongside Javi Martinez.Hardly a star tbh :)

And Shaqiri wouldn't be a star at Liverpool

He gets enough gametime at the best team in the world aswell anyway.

If you think 629 minutes out of a possible 1260 in the league, 48 minutes in the CL over 3 appearances and a few cup games are enough then fair enough.

Payrise?hahahaha.If Beatles its all what you can do to attract a player,good luck with that!

The Beatles was a joke but seriously Liverpool as a City has a lot to attract people.

and no you will not be robbed whilst here.

This is my attempt at avoiding my Uni essay so apologies to people reading this who dont give a crap.

Right, assuming we get top 4, in Summer we'll be looking at a different class of player to stengthen our squad. Its been reported that we could have a budget of around 50 million. What players do people think we should sign (realistically) once the transfer window opens? And who should we sell?

I've identified 5 positions I feel we need strengthening the most: LB, RCB, RW/LW, CM, 3rd choice ST.

INS

LB= Ricardo Rodriguez- 13mil

RCB= Howedes-14mil

W= Konoplyanka-15mil

CM= Lars Bender-20mil

ST= Borini (recall)

OUTS

Aspas-5mil

Agger/Skrtel-8mil (I think one of them will leave, I feel it will be Agger)

With these incomings as well as having Wisdom, Suso, Borini and Ilori back from our loans, I feel we would have a squad to compete for the title again and be competitve in the cup competitons. Obviously I dont think we'll get all of these, I'm merely speculating. However, I do think it would be possible.

This is my attempt at avoiding my Uni essay so apologies to people reading this who dont give a crap.

Right' date=' assuming we get top 4, in Summer we'll be looking at a different class of player to stengthen our squad. Its been reported that we could have a budget of around 50 million. What players do people think we should sign (realistically) once the transfer window opens? And who should we sell?

I've identified 5 positions I feel we need strengthening the most: LB, RCB, RW/LW, CM, 3rd choice ST.

[u']INS[/u]

LB= Ricardo Rodriguez- 13mil

RCB= Howedes-14mil

W= Konoplyanka-15mil

CM= Lars Bender-20mil

ST= Borini (recall)

OUTS

Aspas-5mil

Agger/Skrtel-8mil (I think one of them will leave, I feel it will be Agger)

With these incomings as well as having Wisdom, Suso, Borini and Ilori back from our loans, I feel we would have a squad to compete for the title again and be competitve in the cup competitons. Obviously I dont think we'll get all of these, I'm merely speculating. However, I do think it would be possible.

Rodriguez 13 mils?Haha.Wolfsburg doesn't need money,he'd cost you at least 18+.

Howedes 14?haha.Schalke's captain?More than 14.

Arsenal already had a 20 mil pounds bid rejected for Lars and he signed a new contract since then aswell.

Rodriguez 13 mils?Haha.Wolfsburg doesn't need money' date='he'd cost you at least 18+.

Howedes 14?haha.Schalke's captain?More than 14.

Arsenal already had a 20 mil pounds bid rejected for Lars and he signed a new contract since then aswell.[/quote']

I was waiting for you to chirp in haha. I was going mainly by their transfermarkt valuations. If we do get top 4 (or even better) than I think they would want to come to us, maybe forcing their clubs to move which would drive their prices down. I dont see those figures as being stupidly low, maybe slightly optimistic. Purely speculation but I was just contemplating our future transfers as I enjoy doing

No need to apologies' date=' we all know that feeling regarding doing essay. :P

For me : RB, LB, CB, DM, Attacker

[b']Out : [/b]

GK - Reina

I would like to have 2 top GK in our club, but obviously that will not happened; since the last drama on the media, also we can't afford to waste on wages.
RB - Glen Johnson
Think he passed it already, should offload sooner rather than later. And still think he don't want to take a wages cut / want wages hike, not too sure, but off you go.
CB - Coates
Did his loan deal including permanent transfer? If no, we should sell him. With the signing of Ilori, I don't think Coates will get much chances to adapt to the EPL ways.
Attacker - Assaidi
I don't think he will get any spot in the future; first team or bench. Let just sell him to Stoke.
Attacker - Aspas
Poor guy. Would like to see him given more chances, but with us want to cement the top 4 spot, it's seems unlikely. Off to Swansea maybe.
Can get : £15M - 20M

In :

RB - Clyne

I think we can get him if we try hard enough. Chambers seems ready to step up at Soton. EPL experience, English - decent for Johnson replacement. Or is he United fan?
LB - Ashley Cole
The toughest position to fill because the lack of quality worldwide. Cole is still class act imo, plus he can't get enough minute under Mourinho, with BR relationship with Mourinho this can be done. Only if Cole agrees to take huge pay cut. Moreno? Seems decent, but not see enough of him.
CB - Caulker
If Cardiff relegated, he will most likely getting approach by team in EPL, so why not us? Another English player I know, but he is quite formidable imo.
DM - Blaise Matuidi / Fernando Reges / Yann M'vila / Schneiderlin
Can't decide which one. Matuidi is out of contract. Fernando is ready to packed his bag but we all know Porto selling for big fee. Need Sakho to convince M'vila to join. Schneiderlin can be good if the price is right. Need a proven player in this position to compete with Lucas and now with Gerrard too (good luck with that).
Attacker - Hulk
This should be our marquee signing. Player than can operate on wings and can also be focal of the attack. I just can't think of another player that would suit our attacking style (direct, interchange during game, can play across all the front position). Hulk can play the focal attack and on the wings.
Need : £50M - 70M

* I avoid buying Bundesliga players since the valuation is ridiculous for an average league.

It was clearly a deliberate ploy' date=' but you can't question the Bundesliga, clearly a better and more competitive league......[/quote']
I am not questioning anything Ray.

Ray was joking there. He was making a reference to raz's obsession with the budesliga (unless you already understood haha)

Rodgers wants world class players but wont over spend and go crazy with cash. Hard to see what hes going to do then.

Song has said his future at Barc is over i believe and he would be amazing if only Lucas cant get first team regularly. Konoplyanka still has that 15m buy out clause if they want to go that way. Tello is a look in now he hasnt played in forever. No strikers as Borini is coming back and maybe a left back with Moreno. I see Liverpool spending 35-50m next transfer window.

For those who claim Suarez doesn't score against the biggest clubs:

Suarez under Rodgers: 1 goal in 4 games vs Arsenal, 2 in 3 vs Chelsea, 3 in 3 vs Everton, 1 in 3 vs City, 1 in 3 vs United, 3 in 3 vs Spurs.

That's 11 goals in 19 games (and he's assisted quite a few in those games as well.)

Rodgers wants world class players but wont over spend and go crazy with cash. Hard to see what hes going to do then.

We went for a couple of £30M players last Summer but I think that won't be the case next Summer. We'll be looking at the likes of Firmino, Ricardo Rodriguez, Lacazette, Griezmann, Konoplyanka, Clyne, Caulker etc etc. Young first teamers who will immediately add to our team, with the potential of becoming world class (or something close to that). We have perhaps the best coach in the league when it comes to developing individuals so it will make a lot more sense for us to buy someone like Firmino rather than go for the finished article who will cost 2-3 times as much.

It could be that we'll make one huge signing but we'll mainly be shopping in the £10-17M bracket. Probably with a net spend of 25-40 but obviously if Suarez goes, that will change the game entirely.

EDIT: A well-deserved contract extension on its way for Flanagan.

Personally think Rodgers' greatest strength is not his ability in the transfer market, but to use what he already has and improve them mentally and drill in their tactical role in his side. He never made any amazing signings under us and i don't think he has brought anyone of significant ability to Liverpool but he certainly improved the guys that were there already.

Henderson's transformation has been incredible and something that would never have been accomplished under Dalglish.

No need to apologies' date=' we all know that feeling regarding doing essay. :P

For me : RB, LB, CB, DM, Attacker

[b']Out : [/b]

GK - Reina

RB - Glen Johnson

CB - Coates

Attacker - Assaidi

Attacker - Aspas

Can get : £15M - 20M

In :

RB - Clyne

LB - Ashley Cole

CB - Caulker

DM - Blaise Matuidi / Fernando Reges / Yann M'vila / Schneiderlin

Attacker - Hulk

Need : £50M - 70M

* I avoid buying Bundesliga players since the valuation is ridiculous for an average league.

Looked like a wise plan until I saw Hulk. Hugely overrated player, there's a reason he's never played in a decent league I feel. Never impresses me when I see him.

Luis Suarez unanimously voted the best player of the season in a Barclays poll limited to just the opinions of the twenty Premier League managers.

Alvaro Negredo voted the best signing.

Aaron Ramsey voted the best Young Player.

Anfield was voted the best and most atmospheric ground to vist by 40% of the managers.

Man United away fans were voted the best.

Ridiculously Pellegrini(?) Pullis and Pochettino were considered the top three managers of the season by there peers...

Pulis has done an outstanding job at Palace taking over a team who looked absolutely awful and people had tipped to beat Derby's record points low so you have very little case there. I agree about the other two considering their transfers budgets.

Pochettino has spent £10m less than Rodgers this season. Spent about £15m more if you're looking at net spend, but then Osvaldo turned out to be a nutcase and had to be loaned straight back out again.

I don't think Pellegrini should be at the top of the list but he's had a fairly successful first season in England, settling well.

Would also be interesting to know when the survey took place.

My top 3 managers (of this season) would probably be Rodgers, Martinez and then maybe one of Pulis/Poyet/Bruce. Not really sure though.

I wouldn't have Negredo as signing of the season either, considering his form of late. I'd go with Fernandinho or maybe McCarthy/Huddlestone, but I guess it's more glamorous to pick a striker.