Official Liverpool Thread

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

Pochettino has spent £10m less than Rodgers this season. Spent about £15m more if you're looking at net spend' date=' but then Osvaldo turned out to be a nutcase and had to be loaned straight back out again.

I don't think Pellegrini should be at the top of the list but he's had a fairly successful first season in England, settling well.

Would also be interesting to know when the survey took place.[/quote']

I'm not comparing what he's spent to what Rodgers has spent, I just wouldn't have him in the top three because there have been better managers this year who have spent better or done very well working with the limited squads of finances their club has. Martinez, Rodgers, Pullis, hell you could even make it look like Pardew has done significantly better if you wanted to.

• Replies 39k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Synyster

• ray1981

• Vendetta

• koplfc

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Liverpool Thread The end of another season and I just want to lay down some of my ideas, hopes and aspirations for our beloved LFC. It was a disappointing season, finishing 6th due to a

Re: Official Liverpool Thread I'm a complete Suarez convert. Couldn't care less what he's done in the past, or that he may have gone down slightly theatrically in the odd game or two. He absorbs qui

Re: Official Liverpool Thread Just compiled andy carroll's match highlights..

Posted Images

Pulis has done an outstanding job at Palace taking over a team who looked absolutely awful and people had tipped to beat Derby's record points low so you have very little case there. I agree about the other two considering their transfers budgets.

I was not questioning Pullis, it was the other two I think accolades like those discussed should go to managers who are exceeding expectations, I don't think Pellegrini or Pochettino have 'exceeded' expectations. They have done well to an extent but and I say this without bias how Rodgers is not in there is beyond belief really.

Our U18s meet today in a 1st v 3rd clash. It's on LFC TV or I have a stream if people want a PM. Kicks off in 5 minutes.

1-0 to you lot at half time' date=' completely against the run of play. Seems like a habit of City teams of all ages! :P

I'm not comparing what he's spent to what Rodgers has spent, I just wouldn't have him in the top three because there have been better managers this year who have spent better or done very well working with the limited squads of finances their club has. Martinez, Rodgers, Pullis, hell you could even make it look like Pardew has done significantly better if you wanted to.

No, I agree - he wouldn't be in my top 3 either. He's developing a lot of young, English talent though so kudos to him for that.

Steve Bruce is worth a shout too. I gave Hull absolutely no chance this season. Gus Poyet's turned Sunderland around too. They'd be down already under Di Canio.

1-0 to you lot at half time' date=' completely against the run of play. Seems like a habit of City teams of all ages! :P

No, I agree - he wouldn't be in my top 3 either. He's developing a lot of young, English talent though so kudos to him for that.

Steve Bruce is worth a shout too. I gave Hull absolutely no chance this season. Gus Poyet's turned Sunderland around too. They'd be down already under Di Canio.[/quote']

He's developing the talent that's already there. A huge thing people including TV pundits do is bang on about his English squad and signings. He's spent a fortune on foreign players (not a single English player) and inherited a largely English squad built by another manager.

Poyets surprised me, really thought he'd be as bad a manager as Di Canio who was an utter joke.

He's developing the talent that's already there. A huge thing people including TV pundits do is bang on about his English squad and signings. He's spent a fortune on foreign players (not a single English player) and inherited a largely English squad built by another manager.

Poyets surprised me' date=' really thought he'd be as bad a manager as Di Canio who was an utter joke.[/quote']

The talent's there but it takes some courage to put your faith in teenage defenders. It'd be incredibly stupid for him to buy English players to seeing as the home grown rules don't trouble Southampton and English players are incredibly overpriced. Andy Carroll has a cumulative transfer value of £50m for crying out loud.

Agreed on Poyet. Really want Sunderland to stay up now.

Is there a way that Chelsea and Arsenal can both lose?

Would probably prefer a draw between them today as with a victory against Cardiff we'd be 2 points behind with a game in hand and Arsenal would be 2 further points behind us. Can't see Fulham taking anything away from the Etihad so it could be all-change in the top four.

The talent's there but it takes some courage to put your faith in teenage defenders. It'd be incredibly stupid for him to buy English players to seeing as the home grown rules don't trouble Southampton and English players are incredibly overpriced. Andy Carroll has a cumulative transfer value of £50m for crying out loud.

Agreed on Poyet. Really want Sunderland to stay up now.

The young English talent is there and can be found at great value, Sturridge, Clyne, Redmond, Caulker, Huddlestone, Powell, Stones, Morrison, Jenkinson, McCarthy and Coleman both Irish but still a decent price for one and bargain for the other.

There's plenty of examples for both good and bad British signings, same as for foreign signings. Just look at Liverpool. Coutinho, Sturridge both bargains. Henderson finding his feet so very well now. Then you have Borini, Allen, Aspas, Luis Alberto. It doesn't matter where you shop occasionally you'll get stung and occasionally you'll be onto a winner.

For every Andy Carroll you have a Steve Marlet. For every Francis Jeffers you have a Sergei Rebrov. For every £35,000 a week youth player Chelsea have (although talented) you have a Bogarde. English players are a bit more expensive, clubs just have to shop around or actually trust their academies a little more.

The young English talent is there and can be found at great value' date=' Sturridge, Clyne, Redmond, Caulker, Huddlestone, Powell, Stones, Morrison, Jenkinson, McCarthy and Coleman both Irish but still a decent price for one and bargain for the other.

There's plenty of examples for both good and bad British signings, same as for foreign signings. Just look at Liverpool. Coutinho, Sturridge both bargains. Henderson finding his feet so very well now. Then you have Borini, Allen, Aspas, Luis Alberto. It doesn't matter where you shop occasionally you'll get stung and occasionally you'll be onto a winner.

For every Andy Carroll you have a Steve Marlet. For every Francis Jeffers you have a Sergei Rebrov. For every £35,000 a week youth player Chelsea have (although talented) you have a Bogarde. English players are a bit more expensive, clubs just have to shop around or actually trust their academies a little more.[/quote']

I'm not so sure. Sturridge was cheap because Chelsea are idiots. Clyne, Redmond, Powell, Stones and Jenkinson had never played top level football and cost £2.75m on average. You'd never see continental lower league players go for those fees. Caulker was £8m - more than Kompany, Vidic and Agger. McCarthy was £13m and you can find similarly cheap by comparison foreign CM imports. I'd agree on Coleman (and Doyle and Long) as cheap players coming over from Ireland, but these aren't exactly frequent bargains (and I don't think they class as home grown either).

In short, if you don't have to sign home grown players then looking abroad is far far easier on the wallet.

I'm not so sure. Sturridge was cheap because Chelsea are idiots. Clyne' date=' Redmond, Powell, Stones and Jenkinson had never played top level football and cost £2.75m on average. You'd never see continental lower league players go for those fees. Caulker was £8m - more than Kompany, Vidic and Agger. McCarthy was £13m and you can find similarly cheap by comparison foreign CM imports. I'd agree on Coleman (and Doyle and Long) as cheap players coming over from Ireland, but these aren't exactly frequent bargains (and I don't think they class as home grown either).

In short, if you don't have to sign home grown players then looking abroad is far far easier on the wallet.[/quote']

You're picking centre halves that were cheap and turned out either world class or into Daniel Agger. McCarthy and Coleman count as home grown no idea on the others and can't be bothered to check. Sturridge wasn't cheap but he was cheaper than utter guff like Borini. You look at any club and you'll find so many awful signings and then some decent signings.

I wouldn't call the £35million Southampton have spent easy on the wallet. Not when you have Ward-Prowse, Lallana, Shaw, Clyne, Fonte, Cork, Chambers, Lambert, Boruc, Rodriguez, Davis and probably a couple more I've forgotten all cost less than half that amount from UK clubs or a product of their academy. For every argument in football there's two sides and both can be argued with absolute ease. There is value everywhere, abroad and domestic and they have both been proved and disproved time and time again.

Fernandinho

Jesús Navas

Álvaro Negredo

Stevan Jovetic

Nemanja Matic

Mohamed Salah

Willian

André Schürrle

Mesut Özil

Paulinho

Roberto Soldado

Érik Lamela

Mamadou Sakho

Iago Aspas

Luis Alberto

Tiago Ilori

Pablo Osvaldo

Jozy Altidore

Wilfried Bony

Andreas Cornelius

Were these imports really easy on the wallet? Just look at how poor some of them are and especially for the prices paid and that's in the last 12 months.

You're picking centre halves that were cheap and turned out either world class or into Daniel Agger. McCarthy and Coleman count as home grown no idea on the others and can't be bothered to check. Sturridge wasn't cheap but he was cheaper than utter guff like Borini. You look at any club and you'll find so many awful signings and then some decent signings.

I wouldn't call the £35million Southampton have spent easy on the wallet. Not when you have Ward-Prowse' date=' Lallana, Shaw, Clyne, Fonte, Cork, Chambers, Lambert, Boruc, Rodriguez, Davis and probably a couple more I've forgotten all cost less than half that amount from UK clubs or a product of their academy. For every argument in football there's two sides and both can be argued with absolute ease. There is value everywhere, abroad and domestic and they have both been proved and disproved time and time again.[/quote']

I'm not. CBs generally are cheap but Caulker wasn't. Sturridge was a bargain - obviously worth so much more than the price you got him for.

Southampton have bought stupidly. You only need look at Swansea last season and Newcastle's raiding of Ligue 1 to see how much cheaper foreign players are. Cabaye cost Newcastle less than a third of what McCarthy cost Everton.

Value is much easier to find abroad.

City U18s ended up beating Liverpool 2-1 :)

I don't think Coleman counts as home grown but McCarthy does as he is actually Scottish.

Liverpool look to be sticking to the diamond which worked so well against Man Utd however Sterling drops to the bench with Coutinho coming in at the tip of the diamond. Lucas and Sakho on the bench.

Cant work out Cardiff's formation as they appear to be playing 3 full-backs, 2 strikers and 3 central midfielders. It's either a 5-3-2 or a 4-5-1.

It's illegal so I'm assuming they're dead for piracy on this forum? I'll PM a couple of mods and ask. Having said that you can find a HD stream in under a minute with absolute ease in this day and age' date=' it's so simple it's a joke.[/quote']

Its okay as long as you dont post the link publicly.

EDIT: can someone PM me a link to the game also?

Its okay as long as you dont post the link publicly.

EDIT: can someone PM me a link to the game also?

http://www.ronaldo7.net/live/barcelona-vs/watch-barcelona-live-stream.html

For any game, just google in the teams followed by "Ronaldo7". It always gives at least one good normal stream and HD stream.

You people seriously can't find a HD stream for a football match? Embarrassing.

Of course I could, but if someone is already watching and has a good link why not ask them to tell it to me, instead of searching through lots of sites to find something in English, with good quality, that doesn't lag?

My HD stream-searching prowess is actually the mainstay of my CV. :rolleyes: