• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Synyster

• ray1981

• Vendetta

• koplfc

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Liverpool Thread The end of another season and I just want to lay down some of my ideas, hopes and aspirations for our beloved LFC. It was a disappointing season, finishing 6th due to a

Re: Official Liverpool Thread I'm a complete Suarez convert. Couldn't care less what he's done in the past, or that he may have gone down slightly theatrically in the odd game or two. He absorbs qui

Re: Official Liverpool Thread Just compiled andy carroll's match highlights..

Posted Images

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

Being a Cardiff fan I found that hilarious. Think we got enough problems of our own to spend time talking you guys up to be fair.

Moving onto the game tho, your attacking line is just plain scary. Seems your plan is just to out score teams to the title. We've struggled to put goals past the teams around us but manage to stick 3 past you, go figure.

On a side note? How did you guys think the ref did today? I was at the game and personally thought he did awful. I think the standard as a whole for referees is poor in the premiership.

Best of luck for the rest of the season, I'd much prefer to see you guys win it and to break the monopoly of the 'big teams'

There is no possible way Rodgers can go next season and not buy defenders. You cant rely on attack all the time. It came back to bite for City in the season. I thought the boy Flanagan was very poor. A left full back is needed badly and a winger who can track back.

You cant concede three against such a poor side like Cardiff. The team showed no fight in the first half and were way to sloppy away from home.When you face these relegation threatened sides you need to be on top of your game.

Today Liverpool showed why they will be in the UCL next season and be a real threat in there. If anyone knows , what seed would they be? I think second seed or first. But likely second.

There is no possible way Rodgers can go next season and not buy defenders. You cant rely on attack all the time. It came back to bite for City in the season. I thought the boy Flanagan was very poor. A left full back is needed badly and a winger who can track back.

You cant concede three against such a poor side like Cardiff. The team showed no fight in the first half and were way to sloppy away from home.When you face these relegation threatened sides you need to be on top of your game.

Today Liverpool showed why they will be in the UCL next season and be a real threat in there. If anyone knows ' date=' what seed would they be? I think second seed or first. But likely second.[/quote']

We're third seed pal

Agree we need a defence just very unfortunate with injuries we've never had a really settled defence, no excuse though this is the same defence that just got two clean sheets. Sakho's building back to fitness and Lucas as well will help that but I agree we need a left-back, Enrique is out for the season i've heard so we need one when the new season comes around.

To be fair to Flanagan it's his first poor performance of the season and as a 21 Year Old it's expected he'll have an off day sometime, he made it into the European Team of the week last week so he's got some pedigree, he's been asked to play an awful lot, thankfully our strikeforce (and even Skrtel) can bail us out.

To be fair to Flanagan it's his first poor performance of the season and as a 21 Year Old it's expected he'll have an off day sometime' date=' he made it into the European Team of the week last week so he's got some pedigree, he's been asked to play an awful lot, thankfully our strikeforce (and even Skrtel) can bail us out.[/quote']

I'm not so sure I agree with that. He works hard and has a good attitude, but he has been a liability on a fair few occasions this season. I think every Liverpool fan wants him to succeed but we all know deep down he's not good enough to start (at this stage of his career anyway) and will no doubt be the first player replaced from the starting XI in the summer - as you admitted in your post tbf!

I was personally a bit disappointed with Joe Allen today. The last couple of games he'd started to show the potential he displayed for Swansea and in his first few games at Liverpool, but today unfortunately he was very poor again. Lucas will probably take his place on Wednesday if fit enough - or seeing as it's a home game I wouldn't be surprised to see Sterling take his place.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Sakho come in for Agger either.

Johnson was very good today and has started to show his best form the last couple of games now he's playing RB again. Just in time for the World Cup.

And of course our attackers put in fantastic shifts yet again. Suarez will take most of the credit, but Sturridge was equally as important today imo.

Fernando Torres played 102 league games for Liverpool and scored 65 goals in them. Yesterday was Suarez' 102nd league game for Liverpool and before the game he had 63 goals for us... Well, I guess you already know how this story ends;) 3 goals away from the record amount during a 38-game season with 8 games to go. Anyone still willing to claim Ibrahimovic is better, I'm willing to laugh at your face.:)

Johnson is looking a lot better now, I hope he continues to play this well for the rest of the season.

And Sakho definitely needs to replace Agger from the lineup. Agger is the second most impressive player of a CB pairing with Martin Skrtel in it, and that's saying something.

We'll definitely buy defenders. Will be interesting to see what happens with Johnson considering he's on massive wages but at least one full-back and one CB is needed.

Considering what a former united player said in his interview yesterday you can hardly attempt to take the high ground.

I don't really see what the issue is over what ole said. We have got enough on our plate at the moment to be praising you guys even further. I'm glad hes focused on solely ourselves and doesn't want to stand around talking about other teams. Not as if he said anything derogatory.

Either way.. how priceless was Phil Thompson's reaction to it :D

I don't really see what the issue is over what ole said. We have got enough on our plate at the moment to be praising you guys even further. I'm glad hes focused on solely ourselves and doesn't want to stand around talking about other teams. Not as if he said anything derogatory.

It was childish and very (the opposite of magnanimous ??? :o graceless? classless? idk) to say he couldn't care less about our title challenge.

It's much different (in tone namely) to saying he just wants to focus on what Cardiff are doing.

Compare it to Ole's reaction when United beat you.

If you want to put it into perspective ; Suarez won* hands down.

s_7767_631_2012_12_06_1.jpg

Fernando Torres

102 league matches

81 goals (65 goals, 16 assists)

s_44352_31_2013_01_16_1.jpg

Luis Suarez

102 league matches

108 goals (66 goals, 42 assists)

* but then again argument can be made regarding striker partner and the midfielder behind them

For me personally it doesn't matter which one is more lethal or which one is the best, as both of them played really well when we have them. And we have been blessed to watch their talent while other fans just keep on dreaming to have Torres and Suarez in their lineup.

If I'm being honest, aside from the statistic, I like Torres more than Suarez. His slick and effortless movement is what I adore the most. Mesmerizing. It is personal preferences I guess.

Being selfish here, it is good (not in harm way) to see Torres less shining (despite all the medal) at Chelsea, since I want to remember him only in Liverpool shirt when he is on form of his life.

It was childish and very (the opposite of magnanimous ??? :o graceless? classless? idk) to say he couldn't care less about our title challenge.

It's much different (in tone namely) to saying he just wants to focus on what Cardiff are doing.

Compare it to Ole's reaction when United beat you.

Thats football though, players and managers have allegiances to club's they have played for. Ole is a manc through and through so i doubt he will still there and wax lyrical about one of their biggest rivals. I sure as hell wouldnt stand about and praise swansea on how well their doing.

Its certainly nothing to get worked up over. I would laugh it off if roles were reversed and im sure many others would do the same. Football isn't a gentleman's game anymore. Not everybody is going to be pally pally and respectful of each other :P

Carragher looked an idiot when he said Ronaldo isnt a great player yet' date='bitter simply bitter but what can you expect from a former Pool player.[/quote']

Two possible way to look at it :

1. Simply because Ronaldo play in the same era with Messi.

2. Or he is taking a pish after Ole's reaction.

Why is everyone going on about what Solksjaer said anyway? It's exactly what I'd want an ex Liverpool player to say about United.

RPR, you can't really go around saying people are bitter. Look at your user title thing B). Everton > United.

I know saying things like this are usually impulsive but we should spend a lot of money on Shaw and probably Lallana in the summer.

Why is everyone going on about what Solksjaer said anyway? It's exactly what I'd want an ex Liverpool player to say about United.

RPR' date=' you can't really go around saying people are bitter. Look at your user title thing B). Everton > United.

I know saying things like this are usually impulsive but we should spend a lot of money on Shaw and probably Lallana in the summer.[/quote']

Shaw yes lallana no. He isn't champions league quality and they would probably ask for 15mil ish. Can get better players for less with greater potential. He'd be a good back up IMO but can't be spending tons on back up

Shaw yes lallana no. He isn't champions league quality and they would probably ask for 15mil ish. Can get better players for less with greater potential. He'd be a good back up IMO but can't be spending tons on back up

I disagree tbh. I think he is brilliant. Not really sure who you could get for much cheaper that is better than him.

I'd love to see Shaw and Lallana arrive' date=' Lallana is 10x the player Allen is.[/quote']

They are different types of players in different roles, bit unfair to compare and in our current way of playing the last three games Lallana could OT play the role that has been asked of Allen and the defensive responsibility that it requires.

Pretty sure Shaw will be going to Chelsea and as good a player as he is I wouldn't want us spending probably more than half our transfer budget on him. Quality player but 30m is way OTT for me.

I know saying things like this are usually impulsive but we should spend a lot of money on Shaw and probably Lallana in the summer.

I wouldn't take either considering how much they'd cost' date=' there's the same quality out there for a lesser price. All of Southampton's (English) players would be overpriced but Jay Rodriguez is probably the one I'd be the most interested in. I'd much rather have him than Borini.

I'd love to see Shaw and Lallana arrive, Lallana is 10x the player Allen is.

Allen isn't the player from our squad who Lallana should be compared to imo, it's Coutinho or Henderson.

Glad Spurs won. Maybe Sherwood will get another year:) Not really worried about our game against them on Sunday although that's not the one to focus on at the moment.