Official Liverpool Thread

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

I disagree tbh. I think he is brilliant. Not really sure who you could get for much cheaper that is better than him.

We already have Coutinho to play number 10 or on the wing who is arguably better (not quite so consistent this seasonn though) younger, and has way more potential. I'd rather develop the Brazilian than go for Lallana. Lallana is 26 I believe and I think he would be another Ashley Young tbh, a good player at a midtable club but thats about it. Firmino of Hoffenheim is much better and cheaper and 22. Personally I think Lallana would be a good fit for an Everton level club. None of this is probably relevant anyway as I dont see us getting Lallana. I'd rather have Schneiderlin personally, we would need him more

• Replies 39k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Synyster

• ray1981

• Vendetta

• koplfc

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Liverpool Thread The end of another season and I just want to lay down some of my ideas, hopes and aspirations for our beloved LFC. It was a disappointing season, finishing 6th due to a

Re: Official Liverpool Thread I'm a complete Suarez convert. Couldn't care less what he's done in the past, or that he may have gone down slightly theatrically in the odd game or two. He absorbs qui

Re: Official Liverpool Thread Just compiled andy carroll's match highlights..

Posted Images

I don't get how a player can be judged as 'Not Champions League Quality' when they've not played a Champions League match to test the theory :confused:

Lallana would be fantastic, IMO getting on in age for his position but if we could get him for under £15 million knowing he's Premier League proven would be a great option.

I don't get where one minute you can say Konoplyanka is Champions League quality when he impresses for Dnipro in the Ukranian League but one of the players of the season in the Premier League isn't...

We should actually spend some money in summer especially knowing United will be spending probably a £100 million on pish that won't mask Moyes' dreadful tactics. Chelsea, City and Arsenal will also probably spend big, club needs massive investment to balance Champions League if we get it.

Considering what a former united player said in his interview yesterday you can hardly attempt to take the high ground.

so what?I'm just reminding you that Caragher has done the same non-sense and since you said Ole looked Bitter,carragher didnt look less.

I don't get how a player can be judged as 'Not Champions League Quality' when they've not played a Champions League match to test the theory :confused:

Lallana would be fantastic' date=' IMO getting on in age for his position but if we could get him for under £15 million knowing he's Premier League proven would be a great option.

I don't get where one minute you can say Konoplyanka is Champions League quality when he impresses for Dnipro in the Ukranian League but one of the players of the season in the Premier League isn't...

We should actually spend some money in summer especially knowing United will be spending probably a £100 million on pish that won't mask Moyes' dreadful tactics. Chelsea, City and Arsenal will also probably spend big, club needs massive investment to balance Champions League if we get it.[/quote']

Easy. A player who hasn't shown they're quite top level isn't champions league quality. Quite simple really. One good season doesn't make you a top player. Look at downing. Konoplyanka has done it for Ukraine for years and in Europe. Lallana has had one good season in the premier league IMO. I'm not convinced as of yet. I feel like he's just flavour of the month tbh

Just seen if Gerrard gets booked before April 10th he will get a two game ban, as he is on nine already.

Losing him would be a MASSIVE blow, yes we have Lucas but he is no Gerrard, seriously big prospect of him missing the City game possibly if he does not t mention West Ham away which for me is a massive banana skin fixture for us with there physical/aerial ability.

Just seen if Gerrard gets booked before April 10th he will get a two game ban' date=' as he is on nine already.

Losing him would be a MASSIVE blow, yes we have Lucas but he is no Gerrard, seriously big prospect of him missing the City game possibly if he does not t mention West Ham away which for me is a massive banana skin fixture for us with there physical/aerial ability.[/quote']

How many games have you got between now and the 10th of April? I can see him maybe scraping through one or two avoiding a booking but three or more might be pushing it given his position in the middle of the park

How many games have you got between now and the 10th of April? I can see him maybe scraping through one or two avoiding a booking but three or more might be pushing it given his position in the middle of the park

Sunderland and the Spuds at home

West Ham away

Gunna be difficult with the role he plays now to avoid getting stuck in to challenges etc, I think his move to the Pirlo type role has been instrumental in our upturn in form and we lose a lot IMO if he goes and Lucas replaces him.

Lucas is a good player but in a different way, Gerrard plays that quarterback role brilliantly, his range of passing to set up attacks with the pace we have with Sterling, Sturridge, Suarez etc whilst turning the defence creates so much space.

Looking forward to tomorrow night and a HOME match been so long since we played at Anfield almost forget what it looks like :P

Sunderland tomorrow night, Spurs on Sunday, then West Ham the following weekend, then Manchester City - can't believe i'm going to miss that game though... gutting.

Think he needs to pick up a tactical yellow tomorrow......

Just seen if Gerrard gets booked before April 10th he will get a two game ban' date=' as he is on nine already.

Losing him would be a MASSIVE blow, yes we have Lucas but he is no Gerrard, seriously big prospect of him missing the City game possibly if he does not t mention West Ham away which for me is a massive banana skin fixture for us with there physical/aerial ability.[/quote']

I think he'll get an intentional booking tomorrow so he will "only" miss Spurs & WHU. Would be interesting to see what would happen if he gets booked, does he try and get another yellow meaning a 1 game ban or would it still be 2 games?

You could argue that your upturn on form happened since Gerrard got injured, and hence the energy that Henderson brings to the engine room of your midfield is the key. Gerrard's moved into that deeper role because of Henderson's form and if he continues in that regard, I don't think you'll miss Gerrard as much as you're predicting.

He is undoubtedly better, and more dangerous than Lucas though so best to have him available for the easier games like Spurs ;)

Sunderland tomorrow night' date=' Spurs on Sunday, then West Ham the following weekend, then Manchester City - can't believe i'm going to miss that game though... gutting.

Think he needs to pick up a tactical yellow tomorrow......[/quote']

He can't get booked tonight I am going to the Tottenham game on Sunday and going to Anfield ain't the same if you don't see Stevie G.

Not to mention these two home games ain't gimme's consistency of selection lately has been key to the great form. If Stevie is out the whole dynamic of the side changes for me.

You could argue that your upturn on form happened since Gerrard got injured' date=' and hence the energy that Henderson brings to the engine room of your midfield is the key. Gerrard's moved into that deeper role because of Henderson's form and if he continues in that regard, I don't think you'll miss Gerrard as much as you're predicting.

He is undoubtedly better, and more dangerous than Lucas though so best to have him available for the easier games like Spurs ;)[/quote']

Dont fear City in the slightest, More than capable of beating you.

You will be just as worried about us if not more so.

I am' date=' although we can afford a slip. We're still the toughest fixture he could miss though.[/quote']

Oh undoubtably agree there, I have confidence we can beat anybody especially at home if we carry on the form we are in.

If Both sides keep winning (hopefully you drop a few points this week mind you :P) then that game is going to be huge.

Can't get ahead of ourselves though one game at a time it is folly to underestimate anybody in this League.

Liverpool is in a great situation' date=' depending on itself to be champions and facing the other two challengers at Anfield.

Lets see how this young team manages the pressure.[/quote']

It isn't in Liverpool's hands. If they beat City (and win all of their other games) and City win all of their other games, City will have a point more than Liverpool.

Oh undoubtably agree there' date=' I have confidence we can beat anybody especially at home if we carry on the form we are in.

If Both sides keep winning (hopefully you drop a few points this week mind you :P) then that game is going to be huge.

Can't get ahead of ourselves though one game at a time it is folly to underestimate anybody in this League.[/quote']

You look scary good at the moment. Well, going forwards at least :P City have been largely similar this season though.

I can't see us getting maximum points in the run in, but I can't see anyone else doing that either. Most interesting run in I can remember. If it matches the finale of 11/12 then it'll be the best PL season ever by a long stretch. Still loads up for grabs with the CL, EL and relegation spots too.

Respuesta: Re: Official Liverpool Thread

It isn't in Liverpool's hands. If they beat City (and win all of their other games) and City win all of their other games' date=' City will have a point more than Liverpool.

[/quote']

True. I thought City had 29 games not 28. Still, its a very tough fixture for City. Unfortunately for Liverpool, City was kicked out of the UCL so they can focus purely and exclusively in the Premier.

It isn't in Liverpool's hands. If they beat City (and win all of their other games) and City win all of their other games' date=' City will have a point more than Liverpool.

You look scary good at the moment. Well, going forwards at least :P City have been largely similar this season though.

I can't see us getting maximum points in the run in, but I can't see anyone else doing that either. Most interesting run in I can remember. If it matches the finale of 11/12 then it'll be the best PL season ever by a long stretch. Still loads up for grabs with the CL, EL and relegation spots too.[/quote']

I always have this doubt we will drop points in a silly game, we are usually the type of side to throw a shocker in and we ain't had ne for a while and that worries me.

In all seriousness I think the winners can drop points in one game only, I really can't see Chelsea dropping anything bar possibly at Anfield.

Winning eight/nine etc on the bounce is a massively difficult ask for Your lot or mine with the fixtures. I think if you get four points from the next two at least your the same boat as Chelsea in get a result at Anfield and you probably win the League.