• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Synyster

• ray1981

• Vendetta

• koplfc

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Liverpool Thread The end of another season and I just want to lay down some of my ideas, hopes and aspirations for our beloved LFC. It was a disappointing season, finishing 6th due to a

Re: Official Liverpool Thread I'm a complete Suarez convert. Couldn't care less what he's done in the past, or that he may have gone down slightly theatrically in the odd game or two. He absorbs qui

Re: Official Liverpool Thread Just compiled andy carroll's match highlights..

Posted Images

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

I think Jon Flanagan is brilliant' date=' Sterling did similar and trounced doubters & I hope Flanagan does the same.[/quote']

The problem with Flanagan is when he makes mistakes they're normally big ones. He's cost Liverpool 3 goals in the last 3 games. If any other player does that (Johnson for example) the fans would criticise that player no end. Because Flanno's young and most of the fans have really taken to him he seems to have escaped almost any criticism at all. But if he does that in the big games it's going to really cost the team. He's alright to have as backup, but he's got a long way to go before he'll been good enough to hold down a first team place.

Important 3 points tonight. It could've been more comfortable, but 3 points non the less.

Thats one important result , showed a lot of character and desire to get the result and even though suarez was selfish today he did the job defending at the end. Another real good performance and Sunderland were blocked out for the first half and had a mini spell but Liverpool were in control.

1 point of Chelsea. Focus on top 3 for me , it says a lot to finish 3rd ahead of Arsenal. Its not like qualifying is easy anyways . Your against the 3/4th best side in another good league. Focus on third and anything else is a bonus. Rodgers opening said their a season a head of schedule but fans will expect a title challenge next season.

The worst thing is the media , the fans aren't talking about the title challenge. Liverpool fans are more realistic and down to earth and know its a lot to ask. The media is just putting on pressure to the side which isn't needed.

One of the worst referring performances this season' date=' if we'd have lost we could certainly look at the obvious red card and 2 penalties being turned down.[/quote']

I also noticed a few times in the game where the ball had gone out and he gave it to the wrong team despite it being so obvious what the decision should be.

I also noticed a few times in the game where the ball had gone out and he gave it to the wrong team despite it being so obvious what the decision should be.

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who thought that. I passed it off as me missing something but I'm sure Bardsley had a shot and it cannoned off Flanagan and went about 40 metres over the other side of the pitch, Johnson let it run out and Liverpool got the throw in :confused:

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who thought that. I passed it off as me missing something but I'm sure Bardsley had a shot and it cannoned off Flanagan and went about 40 metres over the other side of the pitch' date=' Johnson let it run out and Liverpool got the throw in :confused:[/quote']

That's the one that made me notice it, the last minute as well Colback tried to hoof it and a Liverpool blocked it and it went out right in front of the Linesman and he gave it to Liverpool. There was a few more obvious ones I noticed as well.

On a completely unrelated note, Everton have announced that a permanent Hillsborough memorial will be put in place at Goodison.

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/archive/2014/03/26/hillsborough-memorial-plans

Honestly if we won the league on the last day of the season I would literally be in tears. I've already said before but it's true haha. Although I think we will finish 3rd.

Just had a look at the table and saw Everton have lost only 5 games. That's pretty awesome. I don't really care about them as a club but it would make a change for them to finish 4th instead of arsenal

Just had a look at the table and saw Everton have lost only 5 games. That's pretty awesome. I don't really care about them as a club but it would make a change for them to finish 4th instead of arsenal

I'd actually Everton rather get 4th over Arsenal in all honesty, and it's more than possible as well.. If that happens I don't see Arsenal being able to attract players like Ozil etc with only Europa League and at best Everton would perhaps only re-strengthen those positions which are currently occupied by loanees so they'd probably stay thereabouts the same team as they are now.. So in the long run that outcome would be much better for us.

Jesus Christ! Grinded out in the end' date=' my heart can rest! :P[/quote']

My God was that terrifying.

I literally spent the last ten mins of the game in a state of hiding behind the sofa or pacing up and down relentlessly, so so nervous.

We played really well after the first goal up to the point of Sunderland's goal lovely fluent football Coutinho especially was brilliant for a 30 minute spell the trickery, the vision beautiful but as per with Liverpool we have to give our fans a massive heart attack.

Set Piece again you could sense it was going to happen, I think for the first time the players actually started realising the enormity of this chance and it started to inhibit them and especially after the goal we got paralysed with fear and went into our shells but we got through it and at the end of the day the result is all that mattered.

That should stand us in good stead for the upcoming games, our run in is IMO very difficult and gunna be a tough ask to keep this run ongoing.

It is an absolute roller coaster we have been having it easy by wrapping games up early but last night was proper tense. The atmosphere before the game and during especially those last ten mins the fans were magnificent and played there part in pulling us through.

Nothing beats a big evening match at Anfield, nothing in England compares.

Really looking forward to Sunday going to the game although if it gets tight I think I will probably miss half of it watching it through my fingers, I am awful in the big games that really matter just want to win so badly I find it difficult to watch.

Tottenham will be no pushovers and aerially they could hurt us, I think it is going to be a really difficult fixture.

Spurs defense has been shocking at times these past few games and they are very vulnerable in the first 20 mins where i think Liverpool will kill the game in the first half. Its going to be hard for Liverpool to contain the pacy wingers but when it comes to the middle they will be fine. Thank god if Townsend is playing as he always cuts in and so does Eriksen if hes a left mid.

Stick with the Diamond as i feel its still to be cracked.

If Arsenal get something against City, I'm not sure I'll be able to sleep tonight. Can't see past a comfortable City win, though.

Spurs defense has been shocking at times these past few games and they are very vulnerable in the first 20 mins where i think Liverpool will kill the game in the first half. Its going to be hard for Liverpool to contain the pacy wingers but when it comes to the middle they will be fine. Thank god if Townsend is playing as he always cuts in and so does Eriksen if hes a left mid.

Stick with the Diamond as i feel its still to be cracked.

I would go back to 4-3-3. Desperately need Sterling against that Spurs back-four.

Still got to play a tough fixture though, don't want to get carried away, but a win tomorrow would make things very interesting - still think the games against City and Chelsea are the big ones - lose one of them and think we can pretty much right off the title.