ian neller

Official Liverpool Thread

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

Not sure if Im happy with all this love Liverpool are recieving' date=' think I liked it more when it was just us who liked our club :mad::P:D[/quote']

I very much second this.

Good luck to you guys for the rest of the season. Despite our rivalry over the years' date=' I just can't seem to hate you this season, and would much rather you win it than City or Chelsea. Very exciting group of players playing the best football in the country[/quote']

Thanks but no thanks. We don't need those wishes from you. :):D

Now off you go, to learn some exotic European club names for next season purpose. :P

Not sure if Im happy with all this love Liverpool are recieving' date=' think I liked it more when it was just us who liked our club :mad::P:D[/quote']

Did others genuinely feel that way about Liverpool? United and Everton fans I'd understand, but do others specifically not like you?

I've never felt that way - actually had a bit of a soft spot for you guys. Loved watching Gerrard and Owen when growing up watching England as a kid.

I was really trying to not get ahead of myself and think.. we're going to win the league, but that's getting harder as every game passes.. the excitement is growing in me and everyone, you can feel it. The atmosphere was electric today and the best around Anfield for a while.

Thanks but no thanks. We don't need those wishes from you. :):D

Now off you go' date=' to learn some exotic European club names for next season purpose. :P[/quote']

Watch it, with that arrogance you could be mistaken for a United fan.

I can't speak for everyone but when you grew up watching the likes of Terry Mac, Souness, Dalglish, Hansen, Craig Johnston and co (the list is endless) and the way you played football back then it is hard not to have a soft spot for Liverpool.

Did others genuinely feel that way about Liverpool? United and Everton fans I'd understand' date=' but do others specifically not like you?

I've never felt that way - actually had a bit of a soft spot for you guys. Loved watching Gerrard and Owen when growing up watching England as a kid.[/quote']

Maybe not quite as much as people hate United but I generally got the feeling that people were happy to see us being rubbish. And now we're doing well everyone seems happy for us. I dont get it tbh. It might be because of the way we've attacked this season, everyone likes goals I guess. And to see a 'new' side challenging at the top always makes for a more interesting league.

Just saying ' date=' Rodgers wasn't that good first season and got 7th and now title contending. Moyes may have one bad season but it can all change in a instant.[/quote']

There is few if not many things differ from Rodgers situation and Moyes situation.

1. Rodgers takes over 6th place team and ended in 7th place (in his first season) but Moyes takes over champions and guiding them into 7th (in his first season).

2. Liverpool was under impression of a club that still 'in progress' at that time when Rodgers taking over, United isn't.

3. There is always Rooney type of players that Moyes need to taking care off, while Rodgers didn't have anything to worried about regarding that stuff.

Watch it' date=' with that arrogance you could be mistaken for a United fan.[/quote']

Far from that. As I believe you need to be more arrogant than that to be consider as United fan. :P

Just a sly comment. :);)

I was really trying to not get ahead of myself and think.. we're going to win the league' date=' but that's getting harder as every game passes.. the excitement is growing in me and everyone, you can feel it. The atmosphere was electric today and the best around Anfield for a while.[/quote']

The best way is to enjoy every minute of it while it last because we will never know what the future hold; next week, next month or next season. It might take few seasons (after this) for us to challenged the title again, just like after 2008/2009.

Can't talk for everybody but for me if Liverpool gets passed the 60 points marks, it is to be consider good season and anything coming with that is a bonus; right now we are the first one to passed the 70 points marks and sitting atop. Would be mad if I'm not being excited myself.

Our main target was top 4 finish (just need couple of points to secured the 4th), so I believe it is appropriate to enjoy every minute of the game left, as it would be insulting to the players, manager and the team behind the club if we don't enjoy this moment to the fullest.

And Suarez (who is better than Cristiano Ronaldo) to be the top scorer or Premier League

ibqZQmC0YMmi2z.gif

I think thats a bit much. Suarez has been excellent but Ronaldo has been amazing for Madrid and Portugal.

He has a long way to go to be considered better than Ronaldo.

Remember when people were saying Sterling might only reach the level of Shaun Wright-Phillips or Aaron Lennon, if even that.:D:D At 19, he's already better than either of those.

Also, remember when people said we were likely to drop out of top 4 because we couldn't strengthen in January and we ended up being top of the league in April.:)

Remember when people were saying Sterling might only reach the level of Shaun Wright-Phillips or Aaron Lennon' date=' if even that.:D:D At 19, he's already better than either of those.

Also, remember when people said we were likely to drop out of top 4 because we couldn't strengthen in January and we ended up being top of the league in April.:)[/quote']

Watch clips of SWP before he moved to Chelsea. Sterling currently isn't as good as he was then.

Remember when people were saying Sterling might only reach the level of Shaun Wright-Phillips or Aaron Lennon' date=' if even that.:D:D At 19, he's already better than either of those.

Also, remember when people said we were likely to drop out of top 4 because we couldn't strengthen in January and we ended up being top of the league in April.:)[/quote']

I'd say your 100% right there, he is in top form and will surpass SRW no doubt passing Lennon goes without saying.

I was one of those who thought you lot wont make top 4 well deserved to be in 1st place..

Watch clips of SWP before he moved to Chelsea. Sterling currently isn't as good as he was then.

in 04/05 SWP averaged a goal or an assist roughly every 2 games and that's pretty much the same compared to Sterling this season. If SWP was better that season, there certainly isn't much between the two, and when Sterling gets to the age SWP was during his best season (23-24), he will be compared to completely different players.

in 04/05 SWP averaged a goal or an assist roughly every 2 games and that's pretty much the same compared to Sterling this season. If SWP was better that season' date=' there certainly isn't much between the two, and when Sterling gets to the age SWP was during his best season (23-24), he will be compared to completely different players.[/quote']

Sterling plays with Suarez, Gerrard and Sturridge and for a team that are top of the league, whereas SWP didn't play with players of that quality and finished 8th that year.

Great win yesterday, in all honesty the game was over after two minutes, we were boss and Spurs were well insert your own derogatory comment :o

Nice to have a hassle free, non nervous day out, Anfield was rocking and the best atmosphere I have been to there for a good few years, outside the ground was magic as well and the roar at the end when the players met in the middle of the pitch after the game was incredible, spine tingling :)

Probably one of the easier fixtures we had left out of the way, but we did what we needed to do a professional job and some of the football was again sparkling.

I particularly enjoyed Flanno's bit of skill in the build up to the 3rd goal and that goal summed up a lot of what we have been doing, patient, patient confidence to play the ball around then that injection of pace and a deadly finish from Coutinho.

The whole side played well thought Sterling and Coutinho were the stars yesterday though Sterling's strength is incredible for such a small guy on a few occasions he was being confronted by Kaboul near the Anfield Road end where I was and the difference in size was scary but he still holds them off, incredible from the lad.

Nearly there with regards securing a top four spot, one game at a time West Ham away will be a difficult fixture and we have a very tough run in if we can continue to play with the same freedom (which must get more difficult the closer the seasons end begins) we should be capable of another victory.

Title talk is premature, City are in the box seat and bar two games have easy fixtures and Chelsea have a really easy run in think they are still the favourites for me. Incredible effort by the lads to go on this run fingers crossed we can keep it going.

Guardiola: "I'm happy Liverpool are coming back because they are awesome. It'll be good for the Champions League next season."

Top man :)

Fair play to that Spurs fan in the background of your video applauding Flanno or should I say the Red Cafu's tackle :P

That got almost as big a cheer as anything yesterday

Nearly there with regards securing a top four spot' date=' one game at a time West Ham away will be a difficult fixture and we have a very tough run in if we can continue to play with the same freedom (which must get more difficult the closer the seasons end begins) we should be capable of another victory.

Title talk is premature, City are in the box seat and bar two games have easy fixtures and Chelsea have a really easy run in think they are still the favourites for me. Incredible effort by the lads to go on this run fingers crossed we can keep it going.[/quote']

I understand not wanting to declare us as champions or anything but I think you're being too cautious here. We've had a top 4 place sewn up for a few weeks now and I would argue we're in the box seat for the title, not City or Chelsea. Chelsea have the easiest run in but I'd say that ours and City's are very similar. And it's a lot easier to win 6 games than it is 8, not to mention having the two six-pointers at Anfield.

I try not to get too carried away myself but it's clear we have an excellent chance to win the title.

Top man :)

Fair play to that Spurs fan in the background of your video applauding Flanno or should I say the Red Cafu's tackle :P

That got almost as big a cheer as anything yesterday

You mean Flanni Alves?

Heard a Liverpool fan say it yesterday, it's too good to not stick.

On the topic of Flanagan, was re-watching an interview with Jamie Carragher where he said nobody wants to grow up to be a full-back, full-backs are either failed wingers or failed centre-backs. I reckon Flanagan used to be a winger in his youth (not that he's old now.) Some of his movement and awareness was brilliant yesterday.

I'm not a Liverpool fan (Bristol City) but i really am willing them to win the title this season would be a refreshing change and playing some great football .Suarez easily player of the season x