Official Liverpool Thread

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

yup but sadly carra wont get dropped unless his leg is broken' date=' and sadly one of the first things roy said when he came to the club was to give him a new contract, so thats £4-5m a year going down the toilet. and the sad thing is that far too many of the people who go to the games think he deserve a pass purely based on his place of birth and his mates in the press will make sure that things like getting raped by the likes of zavon bloody hines will never get more than a passing mention

as for konchesky - rather have him at LB than agger (who hopefully will be a centre half), and we havent exactly had great LBs in the recent past so why not, good do a solid job if anything[/quote']

And don't forget some of the goals Konchesky has scored in the past ;)

• Replies 39k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Synyster

• ray1981

• Vendetta

• koplfc

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Liverpool Thread The end of another season and I just want to lay down some of my ideas, hopes and aspirations for our beloved LFC. It was a disappointing season, finishing 6th due to a

Re: Official Liverpool Thread I'm a complete Suarez convert. Couldn't care less what he's done in the past, or that he may have gone down slightly theatrically in the odd game or two. He absorbs qui

Re: Official Liverpool Thread Just compiled andy carroll's match highlights..

Posted Images

Fernando Llorente linked with us today with a 9mill plus insua deal. Really hope we get him but we most likely will get Cole or Mario Gomez or even Gudjohnsen

Would love Llorente to sign, I've only ever seen him play for Spain but Im going to try and watch as much La Liga as possible this season. He reminds me of Crouch, although he can control the ball with his feet. However, has Llorente ever been on the pitch as the same time as Torres, at the World Cup Im prettu sure it was a Villa-Llorente partnership.

Would love Llorente to sign' date=' I've only ever seen him play for Spain but Im going to try and watch as much La Liga as possible this season. He reminds me of Crouch, although he can control the ball with his feet. However, has Llorente ever been on the pitch as the same time as Torres, at the World Cup Im prettu sure it was a Villa-Llorente partnership.[/quote']

Llorente is CLASS and would be a wonderful signing but cant see it happening although at the reported price 9M+insua id go there myself to finalise it and make sure Insua is safely away from Liverpool for ever ;)

carragher bashing seems to be the "popular" thing ATM, personally i think you are all wrong cant be bothered to write an essay but IMO he is still the best CB we have and has consistantly been one of the best defenders in the Premiership and Europe for the last 8-9years. He has always been slow, but his reading of the game, positional sense is second-to none. The guy deserves more respect, it is players like him that are what all proper Liverpool fans love. Always 100% committed and not at fault for any of the goals we have conceded so far this season, not at all. he brings so much to the party and IMO after Gerrard, Torres, Reina is the most important player in our side.

others may differ but thats my opinion and I know that in most situations in terms of ability, determination, effort, all round defensive play, positioning, reading of the game he is still the best we have.

Llorente is CLASS and would be a wonderful signing but cant see it happening although at the reported price 9M+insua id go there myself to finalise it and make sure Insua is safely away from Liverpool for ever ;)

carragher bashing seems to be the "popular" thing ATM' date=' personally i think you are all wrong cant be bothered to write an essay but IMO he is still the best CB we have and has consistantly been one of the best defenders in the Premiership and Europe for the last 8-9years. He has always been slow, but his reading of the game, positional sense is second-to none. The guy deserves more respect, it is players like him that are what all proper Liverpool fans love. Always 100% committed and not at fault for any of the goals we have conceded so far this season, not at all. he brings so much to the party and IMO after Gerrard, Torres, Reina is the most important player in our side.

others may differ but thats my opinion and I know that in most situations in terms of ability, determination, effort, all round defensive play, positioning, reading of the game he is still the best we have.[/quote']

I've loved Carragher as a player, always have even more so then Gerrard in certain cases (with regards to his loyalty to the club) even at his peak he never had any interest in leaving, when asked always said "No I want to be here forever" , where as Gerrard......

My only problem with Carragher is his speed, but not just because he might get out run by a fast striker its because I think it holds the whole teams style back and has done for a while.

We can't push up the field like we need to against most sides due to the speed at the back, which means us playing deeper most the time and I really think this holds us back quite a bit.

Although if we have tricky, pacey wingers this wouldnt matter quite as much

carragher bashing seems to be the "popular" thing ATM' date=' personally i think you are all wrong cant be bothered to write an essay but IMO he is still the best CB we have and has consistantly been one of the best defenders in the Premiership and Europe for the last 8-9years. He has always been slow, but his reading of the game, positional sense is second-to none. The guy deserves more respect, it is players like him that are what all proper Liverpool fans love. Always 100% committed and not at fault for any of the goals we have conceded so far this season, not at all. he brings so much to the party and IMO after Gerrard, Torres, Reina is the most important player in our side.[/quote']

and what about the hoofball, the excessive shirt grabbing, his relationship with a certain journalist from the sunday sun and that he gets ripped by anyone with pace (see zavon hines)? people 'bash' him because his style of play is holding the team back (playing deep defensive line to help hide his lack of pace increases the distance between midfield and defence, hence the hoofing) and to be blunt he wouldnt get into any of the other top 6 teams defences so why should he get into ours?

he's been a great servant but its time to move on with carragher like most clubs do so with their great players when their time comes (man u with keane, real with raul etc).

At the moment I actually "hope" the ball does get launched forward, I find it so frustrating when our defenders pass it to each other, but only because I know the final ball will be a hoof forward regardless so they might as well just launch it from the start and save some time (unelss we are winning a tight game near the game of course in which case time wasting is welcome).

It's our worst let down at the moment imo, the big punts forward from the defense (mainly carra) , they never come to anything and it just gives the opposition the ball back everytime.

I hate it when we are winning 1-0 and the defenders just keep punting it forward instead of just passing it about, puts us under loads of uneeded pressure.

and what about the hoofball' date=' the excessive shirt grabbing, his relationship with a certain journalist from the sunday sun and that he gets ripped by anyone with pace (see zavon hines)? people 'bash' him because his style of play is holding the team back (playing deep defensive line to help hide his lack of pace increases the distance between midfield and defence, hence the hoofing) and to be blunt he wouldnt get into any of the other top 6 teams defences so why should he get into ours?

he's been a great servant but its time to move on with carragher like most clubs do so with their great players when their time comes (man u with keane, real with raul etc).[/quote']

id rather have carra than any of our CB'S currently.

Zavon Hines is quick there arent many CB'S in the country who could keep up with him yet alone Carra, Agger, Skrtel they wouldnt have kept up with him.

Still the best we have IMO and i certainly dont blame him for any style of play, his job is to defend and he has done it consistantly well for over 8 years, he aint here to shimmy across the back, launch 50yard crossfiel passes. That is the job of the midfield if you want to know why we arent producing look at Lucas/Poulsen eyc play in the most vital area of the pitch and both are woeful with the ball. That is the engine room that is where play is dictated, it aint carra's job to set-up attcks etc.

Gerrard CM is the only solution for me, carra is still IMO the best we have and the fact that your quoting a game from over a year ago near enough means nowt to me. Carra is a very important player look at the CM/Wide areas if you ant solutions to our lack of forwrd flow/momentum/creativity

That is the job of the midfield if you want to know why we arent producing look at Lucas/Poulsen eyc play in the most vital area of the pitch and both are woeful with the ball.

and when said centre half constantly bypasses them and hoofs it downfield does it not make him the problem and not part of the solution?

the fact that your quoting a game from over a year ago near enough means nowt to me.

it shows that he cant deal with pace whereas i cant remember hines doing that to anyone else.

and if you want more recent evidence, just watch him play and you'll see his evident flaws - the first goal in the man city game is an example, and his constant shirt grappling that he does nowadays (and did it a lot yesterday) which he rarely gets punished for is a penalty waiting to happen and that we have to play the defensive line far more deep than other teams to hide his flaws

and when said centre half constantly bypasses them and hoofs it downfield does it not make him the problem and not part of the solution?

it shows that he cant deal with pace whereas i cant remember hines doing that to anyone else.

and if you want more recent evidence' date=' just watch him play and you'll see his evident flaws - the first goal in the man city game is an example, and his constant shirt grappling that he does nowadays (and did it a lot yesterday) which he rarely gets punished for is a penalty waiting to happen and that we have to play the defensive line far more deep than other teams to hide his flaws[/quote']

Lucas/Poulsen had more of the ball than anybody last few games do they do anything with it...NO....are they capable??.......NO......is this the problem.....YES

Our midfielders particuraly the deep lying get plenty of it, it is there responsibility to dictate play not Carra. What is this hypothetical shirt-pulling nonsense.....I can remember carra conceding 1penalty from this "shirt-pulling" in 8years or so pretty rubbish reason about hypothetical penalties and hardly a bad ratio. All defenders do it, it is part and prcel of the game. Agree they should be given as penalties, but they arent so that aint a problem, in fact it is clever defensive play dont let a player get a run on you etc etc

Lucas/Poulsen had more of the ball than anybody last few games do they do anything with it...NO....are they capable??.......NO......is this the problem.....YES

they are perfectly capable of doing their jobs they just get constantly bypassed when it comes to carragher hoofing it

What is this hypothetical shirt-pulling nonsense.....I can remember carra conceding 1penalty from this "shirt-pulling" in 8years or so pretty rubbish reason about hypothetical penalties and hardly a bad ratio. All defenders do it' date=' it is part and prcel of the game.[/quote']

except that he does it a hell of a lot and he's very lucky to get away with it as often as he does really

and if you want to see what we'd be like without carragher and with agger/skrtel have a look at the birmingham game at anfield last season and look at how much better we played as a team when we could play a higher line

they are perfectly capable of doing their jobs they just get constantly bypassed when it comes to carragher hoofing it

except that he does it a hell of a lot and he's very lucky to get away with it as often as he does really

and if you want to see what we'd be like without carragher and with agger/skrtel have a look at the birmingham game at anfield last season and look at how much better we played as a team when we could play a higher line

It is a hypthetical argument it has no real point.

The game against Birmingham where we drew 2-2 at home having to rely on a blatant David N'Gog dive aint really the best example IMO. We played alright that night but we are at home to Birmingham we are entitled to play well having Agger/Skrtel/Carra whoever would have made no difference to the way we played.

Anyhow just have to agree to disagree

Wheres this article about Llorente joining? I would love to see who wrote it... I mean what sort of sports 'journalist' doesn't know Athletic only have Basque players in their squad' date=' no Spanish and certainly no Argentine LOL[/quote']

Insua is not part of the deal,rumours have it that a 12million bid will be made and also Gomez is linked to Anfield for a season long loan.

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/transfer-gossip/hodgson-wants-12m-llorente

I'm disagreeing with all the negativity about Carragher. Obviously his pace has gone, he was never the fastest when he was 21, so no suprise he doesn't have the pace to keep up with top strikers now, but Sami showed against Rooney and Ronaldo not too long ago with the right tactics pace can be easily neutralised we just need to work on the system to do it. I do see him sometmies just aimlessly clearing the ball however.

He does it to get us out of trouble most times and because we have no players who are capable of controlling a ball if they have pressure. Pennant used to be able to do it and was a good out with a sideways pass. But if Carragher was being closed down and tried a quick switch pass that because of the urgency wasn't as accurate and was abit high Gerrard wouldn't be able to take it without enough space, Kuyt would probably hit it back towards Carragher and Torres would probably drop to his knee's and demmand a free kick.

As for Poulsen being capable, he is capable of nothing. The guy is a zombie. I would prefer Plessis in the team ahead of him.

Everton put us to shame with their last performance even though they lost, they looked 1million times better than us when we won. Their players put in everything and played the ball between eachother really well and had players that didn't stop running and trying to make things happen. Contrast to our team who barely pressure anything, some don't even jog towards the opposition to close them down and as for making runs and giving our team options when we are on the ball, I am not suprised Carragher just smacks it downfield theres nothing else on for him.

The team is a joke, even physically. Compare our team to the rest of the leagues and there is barely a bicep or abdomanal muscle pushing against our team's shirts. Just a skinny weak unfit clueless shambles.

really hope we dont get the useless mario omez on loan' date=' its unbelievable how rubbish he actually is, would much rather have the inconsistentcy of ngog and babel. Would love to still see a great pacy fwd/wing signed.[/quote']

:eek:

I doubt this would ever come to fruition, but Super Mario would be a welcomed addition to Anfield any day.

Incredible amount of rumours today but I guess that was expected.... I wonder what was the amount of money we paid in addition to giving LDV and Kacaniklic to Fulham?

Also, imho signing Cole would be tragic. This unknown Eredivisie youngster Van Wolfswinkel would be much better. And I'm basing my last comment on the fact that no-one can be worse than Carlton Cole

The move is looking likelier by the minute :( . Possibility that it may involve Babel going the other way. Will be utterly disappointed' date=' when it was glaringly obvious we were lacking a forward throughout last season, if Carlton Cole is the best we could do B)[/quote']

I agree Carlton Cole is not the type of quality i was hoping to come in. Dissapointed if it happens, as with Poulsen.

meireles, konchesky, J.Cole, Wilson im happy with but a real mixed bag IMO. This is what happens though if you leave everything to the last minute, the fans have known for 2years we need a decent striker to support El Nino and 2years own the line we still aint got a decent striker.

Carlton Cole will do a job but he aint top 4quality we are shopping with players like him and The useless pile of rubbish that Poulsen is at the wrong levels, we gotta aim higher than this.