Official Liverpool Thread

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

We are gunna lose this....I have got an awful feeling :(

Quite literally an absolute sucker punch there.

If you ain't gunna get protection for that then I gave up, linesman flagging clear as day.

City get a four yard offside goal, we get an horrific decision, decisions like those from referees can decide seasons so Dissapointing.

Not been brilliant, but we ain't been bad, West Ham have done alright, probably a draw is a fair result based on that half but so unjust that it is :mad:

• Replies 39k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Synyster

• ray1981

• Vendetta

• koplfc

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Liverpool Thread The end of another season and I just want to lay down some of my ideas, hopes and aspirations for our beloved LFC. It was a disappointing season, finishing 6th due to a

Re: Official Liverpool Thread I'm a complete Suarez convert. Couldn't care less what he's done in the past, or that he may have gone down slightly theatrically in the odd game or two. He absorbs qui

Re: Official Liverpool Thread Just compiled andy carroll's match highlights..

Posted Images

Might just of got you out of jail right there' date=' you were certainly right when you said it would be a tricky game.[/quote']

Never a penalty, yet another joke decision in a season of pathetic referring.

Clearly seen his massive error and probably trying to "even it up"

the refs in this country are pathetic.

Knew this would be a really tough game, Upton Park with there "football" is a very difficult place to play

GET IN!!!!!!!!

:):):):):)

My usual mid match positivity comes up trumps again :o:p

Never a pen the second one but after the farce of the West Ham goal not gunna have to much sympathy.

Huge win, next week weekend commemorating Hilsbrough against City could it get any bigger.....

Honestly fearing for my own life next week' date=' my body feels like it's aged horribly[/quote']

Just imagine how much you'll feel you've aged if you were top of the league after the final whistle of the last game of the season, eagerly awaiting the result of your title rivals that could win them the league on goal difference.

Moyes has saved me from having to cope with that feeling this season. :mad:

Honestly fearing for my own life next week' date=' my body feels like it's aged horribly[/quote']

I will be honest I probably actually "saw" about a minute of that final ten minutes, had my face stuffed behind a pillow....

I've seen us in Numerous cup finals European Cups etc etc and I never remember it being this difficult to watch before......nerves are tearing me apart :o

GET IN!!!!!!!!

:):):):):)

My usual mid match positivity comes up trumps again :o:p

Never a pen the second one but after the farce of the West Ham goal not gunna have to much sympathy.

Huge win' date=' next week weekend commemorating Hilsbrough against City could it get any bigger.....[/quote']

A draw next week and a Chelsea win,would leave it very interesting,but whoever can win the game at Anfield,are clear favorites

I will be honest I probably actually "saw" about a minute of that final ten minutes' date=' had my face stuffed behind a pillow....

I've seen us in Numerous cup finals European Cups etc etc and I never remember it being this difficult to watch before......nerves are tearing me apart :o[/quote']

Not gonna lie the last 10 minutes wasn't even that bad. They looked more dangerous in the first half than they did in the final minutes.

Fulham 2 -3 Liverpool

Liverpool 2 - 1 Sunderland

West Ham 1 - 2 Liverpool

Obviously Man City are still odds on favs to win the league, but if Liverpool were to go on and win the league you'd have to say it's thanks to the sort of results above where we've played poorly but ground out wins. In the past season we'd have dropped points in all 3 of those games, but clearly the players really want it this year.

Next weeks game will be a very different sort of challenge, but speaking to most Man City fans they'll say Liverpool have been the best team to come to the Etihad this year, and if we're at our very best next week I see no reason why we can't take all 3 points.

Fulham 2 -3 Liverpool

West Ham 1 - 2 Liverpool

Obviously Man City are still odds on favs to win the league' date=' but if Liverpool were to go on and win the league you'd have to say it's thanks to the sort of results above where we've played poorly but ground out wins. In the past season we'd have dropped points in all 3 of those games, but clearly the players really want it this year.

Next weeks game will be a very different sort of challenge, but speaking to most Man City fans they'll say Liverpool have been the best team to come to the Etihad this year, and if we're at our very best next week I see no reason why we can't take all 3 points.[/quote']

Chelsea beat City at the Etihad and should have won by more,so...

Fulham 2 -3 Liverpool

West Ham 1 - 2 Liverpool

Obviously Man City are still odds on favs to win the league' date=' but if Liverpool were to go on and win the league you'd have to say it's thanks to the sort of results above where we've played poorly but ground out wins. In the past season we'd have dropped points in all 3 of those games, but clearly the players really want it this year.

Next weeks game will be a very different sort of challenge, but speaking to most Man City fans they'll say Liverpool have been the best team to come to the Etihad this year, and if we're at our very best next week I see no reason why we can't take all 3 points.[/quote']

I think to say we played poorly is unfair on West Ham, who played rather well in the first half particularly. Their defence was fantastic in the first half in particular and had they been as lacklustre as Spurs last week I think everyone would be praising our attack as per usual.

Wow, what a nerve-jangling game.

Not going to lie, throughout the whole match I was convinced it was going to be a draw. Probably one of the worst team performances of the season in terms of going forward for Liverpool but from a defending aspect it was good enough.

West ham closed down very quickly and didn't give those front three any time to turn and run and the CMs were closed down very well. Sturridge had a stinker and his decision making was poor, Suarez, around the two nearly moments, was average but what a pass from Gerrard leading up to the penalty!

What a game next week is going to be... Edging our bets for the cautious approach or all guns blazing?

Actually seeing the replay (for the first time) there is an argument for giving Flanno's as a pen, I would be annoyed if that was given against my side but not as blatantly bad a decision as I first thought.

Thought the introduction of Lucas was vital, we did have control of the game much better after that.

Next week will be an amazing atmosphere, honestly think we have to win but at the same time it is a must not lose game or it is all over.....

City are a fantastic side but I just want us to do what we have all season and just go for it, we have got here by playing this swashbuckling way and we shouldn't sacrifice no matter how good City are.

We showed at the Etihad where we were much the better side for long spells and but for an awful call by the linesman and a Mignolet howler would have got something and possibly won, we are good enough.

Nerves will be jangling....

Actually seeing the replay (for the first time) there is an argument for giving Flanno's as a pen' date=' I would be annoyed if that was given against my side but not as blatantly bad a decision as I first thought.

Thought the introduction of Lucas was vital, we did have control of the game much better after that.

Next week will be an amazing atmosphere, honestly think we have to win but at the same time it is a must not lose game or it is all over.....

City are a fantastic side but I just want us to do what we have all season and just go for it, we have got here by playing this swashbuckling way and we shouldn't sacrifice no matter how good City are.

We showed at the Etihad where we were much the better side for long spells and but for an awful call by the linesman and a Mignolet howler would have got something and possibly won, we are good enough.

Nerves will be jangling....[/quote']

I'm still torn as to whether I think it was a penalty or not but in these situations I always think to myself:

'does it look like a penalty from the referees position?'

In this case, it definitely did and I can see why it was given. It doesn't really matter whether it is or isn't a penalty, just what it looks like to the referee

That said, the ref had a pretty poor game in general in my eyes. West Ham's goal was a joke

Did you guys saw how Konoplyanka won us the penalty and then slot it home for 2 - 1 against the Hammers and won it single-handedly? :P:p:D

I bet every team would want to buy him now as he keep us in the top 4 race. :P:p:p

Who would have thought we can still be up here in April with that paper thin squad. Most of us (me included :P) thought it was over if we don't strengthen in January but our squad proved that they can still do the job and keep us in the top 4 race just like they did in the first part of the season. Luckily team around did the same either and United didn't count as they have incompetent manager in charge.

Luck is surely on our side this season, apart from Rodgers masterclass, brilliant work ethic of our players and support from our fans of course.

Still long way to go for the title talk but 3rd / 4th place is pretty much in our hands now. Anything more than that is just a bonus. For now let just enjoy the moment.

Thought we played well yesterday, but since West Ham hold their ground bravely and efficiently, it makes our players play like less than what they used to.

West Ham clearly playing for a draw yesterday as they really congested their own area at 0 - 0, but Gerrard superb pass takes all of them out and in the end get us the opening goal. At the start of the second half they play just like the opening first half, congested their own half and sometimes all players bar Carroll inside the penalty area. Luckily we got another penalty and after that we can see the game were more open and we got more chances compared to the earlier period prior to Flanno's penalty.

Worth mentioning here was half time substitution (Lucas for Coutinho), I think it was direct subs as Lucas play more offensive role than what people assumed he was in for (defensive role), clearly Coutinho can't operate in the middle due to physical play of West Ham players, that is why Lucas coming in. And looks like his vision as AM player in his Gremio days is still there; nice through ball for Flanno that sealed the match. Think Lucas will play more offensive role next season if he can stay fit as Gerrard looks like settled in that deep role.

Kolo for Sturridge when Cole in coming in also was a good call from Rodgers, as it was clear that Sturridge having an off day and we could get use more bodies in the penalty box to dealt with aerial threat. But still few nervy moment from Kolo mind you. :o

As for Gerrard second goal, it's not just win us the game, but he also overtake King Kenny in Liverpool all time goal chart, and Heskey :P in EPL goal chart. And make sure it is mathematically* impossible for United to win this season Premiership title. ;)

* how the time changed. :D

Long way to go for title talk?

We're top of the league with 5 games left.

Remember 2009? The title isn't over until it's over, and you guys tend to make that mistake more often than not. A more experienced manager and a more experienced team will make sure that City will pip you lot to the title this season.

Remember 2009? The title isn't over until it's over' date=' and you guys tend to make that mistake more often than not. A more experienced manager and a more experienced team will make sure that City will pip you lot to the title this season.[/quote']

At this point in 2008/09 we were 3 points off Manchester United in second and United had a game in hand. In that season we were never in this position to go on and win the league. Think the situations are completely different as we were chasing United, no Liverpool fan thinks the league is won, match on Sunday is the biggest game of the season and i'm not expecting anything from it. Most Liverpool fans are just over-joyed with this position, for a team not expected to be Top 4, to be 1st with 5 games left is unbelievable.