Official Liverpool Thread

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

Don't even need to look that far back, Gameweek 17 we were 1st then comes the very same team (Man City and Chelsea) to play. And we all know what happened after that.

Need to blew one of them out of the race first or they miraculously slipped, then it is more easy. Until then Man City and Chelsea are still favorite.

Remember 2009? The title isn't over until it's over' date=' and you guys tend to make that mistake more often than not.[/b'] A more experienced manager and a more experienced team will make sure that City will pip you lot to the title this season.

What is that supposed to meant? We were never really in the title race recently bar 08/09, unless you are an old timer ... :P:D

• Replies 39k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Synyster

• ray1981

• Vendetta

• koplfc

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Liverpool Thread The end of another season and I just want to lay down some of my ideas, hopes and aspirations for our beloved LFC. It was a disappointing season, finishing 6th due to a

Re: Official Liverpool Thread I'm a complete Suarez convert. Couldn't care less what he's done in the past, or that he may have gone down slightly theatrically in the odd game or two. He absorbs qui

Re: Official Liverpool Thread Just compiled andy carroll's match highlights..

Posted Images

Remember 2009? The title isn't over until it's over' date=' and you guys tend to make that mistake more often than not. A more experienced manager and a more experienced team will make sure that City will pip you lot to the title this season.[/quote']
At this point in 2008/09 we were 3 points off Manchester United in second and United had a game in hand. In that season we were never in this position to go on and win the league. Think the situations are completely different as we were chasing United' date=' no Liverpool fan thinks the league is won, match on Sunday is the biggest game of the season and i'm not expecting anything from it. Most Liverpool fans are just over-joyed with this position, for a team not expected to be Top 4, to be 1st with 5 games left is unbelievable.[/quote']

Yeah, what Synyster said. We're in the title race we havent won it. If we beat Man City then I'll say we gotta be favourites but in no way are expecting to win the league. Its all to play for. We gotta hope for a miracle but I'll still be really happy with 3rd place. It would be dissappointing to get this far and not win but an amazing season nonetheless.

As hard as it is for me to say this surprisingly I've found a lot of the local lads and other United fans saying they'd rather see Liverpool win the league over City and Chelsea...

And I thought about it and painfully I agree.

I think if anyone deserves it this season it's you lot.

Best attacking football I've seen in years and a manager who's got Jordan Henderson and Joe Allen playing brilliantly. If that doesn't deserve a trophy I don't know what does.

So come the big game know that a little part of Manchester wants you to stuff the moneybags!

At this point in 2008/09 we were 3 points off Manchester United in second and United had a game in hand. In that season we were never in this position to go on and win the league. Think the situations are completely different as we were chasing United' date=' no Liverpool fan thinks the league is won, match on Sunday is the biggest game of the season and i'm not expecting anything from it. Most Liverpool fans are just over-joyed with this position, for a team not expected to be Top 4, to be 1st with 5 games left is unbelievable.[/quote']

This was a comment directed to Foster_LFC, not to Liverpool fans in general. And even this season, they've been chasing City and Chelsea all along. In fact, the title is City's to lose, and five years ago, it was United's. So in my eyes, nothing has changed. Same situation, different times, that's all.

Now, obviously the biggest game is still to come, and yes, at this stage in the 08-09' season the "biggest game" had already been played and there was a bigger gap, but nothing is sealed, and any fan/player thinking something else is simply deluded. I'm honestly not trying to stir up something here, just making my opinion clear.

On another note, I'm happy that Liverpool are doing so well, because it makes for a very interesting title race, and the football they've demonstrated has been nothing short of spectacular this season. But, this is a season where the title is only sealed when numerically proven, so I wouldn't jump to any conclusions (yet).

On a even more positive note, it does seem as if you lot have the ideal manager to win it at the end. If anything, Rodgers seems to be the most professional of the three. Pellegrini doesn't look too worried and Mourinho's being his usual, idiotic self.

What is that supposed to meant? We were never really in the title race recently bar 08/09' date=' unless you are an old timer ... :P:D[/quote']

Old-timer I am then haha.

All jokes aside, this was more on a personal level, so nothing to go by for you guys. In fact, I shouldn't have even added that. My excuses :)

Old-timer I am then haha.

All jokes aside' date=' this was more on a personal level, so nothing to go by for you guys. In fact, I shouldn't have even added that. My excuses :)[/quote']

When did I say we where going to win the league? I think I missed that.

Actually I'll say it right now. We are going to win the league.

And if you want to make some post against me, go for it. But if you don't believe in your team when they are top of the league with 5 games left, you never will. And you've got football all wrong if you can't get in the mood now.

This game against City isnt the title decider at all. Im more worried about Chelsea away than City away. Liverpool can beat City but i think Mourinho will pull out a masterclass at anfield like he did at the etihad.

With Zab and Kol/clichy booming all the time they will be way to open. More to the point they dont have two good enough Cbs to deal with Sturridge and Suarez. As City play with one man striker it should be ok for Pool but when you think about the midfield battle , it will be insane. Toure has been world class and really i dont think any liverpool player has the swagger of Toure. Silva on form but dont get me wrong i think Hendo will stop him as he runs for days. Manuel needs to start a Milner for this game , this is when you need a work horse more than anything rather than a Navas.

Bilyaletdinov told France Football: "He has to prove his value and work like everyone else. I don't mean that he doesn't work, but we can see that he misses France.

"In January M'Vila behaved badly - one day he trained, one day he didn't.

"Maybe his agents had promised him something. He thought he was already in Liverpool.

"I told him: 'It is not your level. If you go, you will be on the bench'. He was very disappointed.

"Now I haven't seen him for a while. I have been told he is in France to cure an injury. Even if he is back to full fitness, I don't know where to play him."

Actually I'll say it right now. We are going to win the league.

And if you want to make some post against me' date=' go for it. But if you don't believe in your team when they are top of the league [b']with 5 games left[/b], you never will. And you've got football all wrong if you can't get in the mood now.

To say "if you don't believe in your team when they are top of the league with 5 games left, you never will", is tad harsh and OTT as it is not about believing it is about being realistic.

It would be the case if all team have 5 game left, but right now it isn't as City still have 2 match in hand. Until it all clear that all team have played the same amount of match, the safest thing to do is one game at a time, not looking far forward.

This game against City isnt the title decider at all. Im more worried about Chelsea away than City away. Liverpool can beat City but i think Mourinho will pull out a masterclass at anfield like he did at the etihad.

With Zab and Kol/clichy booming all the time they will be way to open. More to the point they dont have two good enough Cbs to deal with Sturridge and Suarez. As City play with one man striker it should be ok for Pool but when you think about the midfield battle ' date=' it will be insane. Toure has been world class and really i dont think any liverpool player has the swagger of Toure. Silva on form but dont get me wrong i think Hendo will stop him as he runs for days. Manuel needs to start a Milner for this game , this is when you need a work horse more than anything rather than a Navas.[/quote']

Same thing could be said about us really. :o And I read Aguero will be back for this fixtures.

Toure still in doubtful list, hope he and Aguero didn't make it on time.

Bilyaletdinov told France Football: "He has to prove his value and work like everyone else. I don't mean that he doesn't work' date=' but we can see that he misses France.

"Maybe his agents had promised him something. He thought he was already in Liverpool.

"I told him: 'It is not your level. If you go, you will be on the bench'. He was very disappointed.

"Now I haven't seen him for a while. I have been told he is in France to cure an injury. Even if he is back to full fitness, I don't know where to play him."[/quote']

sounds like a model pro

Bilyaletdinov told France Football: "He has to prove his value and work like everyone else. I don't mean that he doesn't work' date=' but we can see that he misses France.

"Now I haven't seen him for a while. I have been told he is in France to cure an injury. Even if he is back to full fitness, I don't know where to play him."[/quote']

Obviously a guy with a bad attitude who made the money move far too early in his career. If we could get him on the cheap I fully believe Rodgers can sort him out. One of Rodgers best assets is his man management ability and getting the best out of players with raw potential and M'Vila has plenty of that.

The Man City will be crucial to either of the team's chances of winning the league, a draw will reignite Chelsea chances. It will be great to see Aguero match up with Suarez as the previous match he was out injured. Probably the 2 of best strikers in the league this season.

Hopefully the ref doesn't spoils it.

To say "if you don't believe in your team when they are top of the league with 5 games left' date=' you never will"[/i'], is tad harsh and OTT as it is not about believing it is about being realistic.

It's not OTT at all there is five games left. Five. In which we play 2nd and 3rd as two of those games, wait for it... at home. What can't you see?

Who cares if City have more than five. We focus on our games, win, we win the league.

And guess what? Even if we don't win the league I won't even be disappointed. We finished 7th last season. I was expecting us to finish 5th this season. The only thing that will disappoint me now is finishing 4th.

On M'vila - I'd rather not have him. There was always suggestions he had attitude problems, and that has confirmed it.

It's not OTT at all there is five games left. Five.

I'm taking about your "you never will" bit. It is harsh to called someone like that if he is just being realistic.

In which we play 2nd and 3rd as two of those games' date=' wait for it... at home. What can't you see?[/quote']It is big game, a title decider match if we may, if someone think we gonna win easily those game because of home advantage, I don't know what to say.
Who cares if City have more than five. We focus on our games, win, we win the league.

And guess what? Even if we don't win the league I won't even be disappointed. We finished 7th last season. I was expecting us to finish 5th this season. The only thing that will disappoint me now is finishing 4th.

I really don't know why you get really work up, did someone hit your nerve or something ...

It's funny you said about 'believe' while expecting 5th place at the start of the season, and me being 'realistic' expecting us to finished 4th. Wonder if both of us get the 'realistic / believe' concept all wrong. :P

I'm taking about your "you never will" bit. It is harsh to called someone like that if he is just being realistic.

It is big game' date=' a title decider match if we may, if someone think we gonna win easily those game because of home advantage, I don't know what to say.

I really don't know why you get really work up, did someone hit your nerve or something ...

It's funny you said about 'believe' while expecting 5th place at the start of the season, and me being 'realistic' expecting us to finished 4th. Wonder if both of us get the 'realistic / believe' concept all wrong. :P[/quote']

Hit a nerve? No you haven't. I just believe in the football team I support.

And I now believe we can win the league because we have played 33 games. Your opinion can change from thinking you'll finish in one position to another over 33 games of football you know.

Probably because you're not a local, you don't get the full vibe.

Probably because you're not a local' date=' you don't get the full vibe.[/quote']

What? :confused: I don't even... What is that got to do with anything regarding being realistic and believe? :o:o

I guess we should leave it at that and agree to disagree.

Chelsea progressed to the next round of the CL, and our fixtures against Chelsea will be sandwich between the semis of CL. Might help us a little bit there. :)